February 2016 Moms

Prenatal yoga

Any mamas taking prenatal yoga classes or doing some at home stuff? How have you liked it so you feel it's helping you cope?

Re: Prenatal yoga

• I've been taking classes for the past several weeks. I think it definitely helps me to stay agile with this big belly and the breathing and meditative practices will likely be helpful in labor. But honestly, I think it will be more helpful to my body after I give birth then during or before because it helps with strength building and endurance. Both of which we will need!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I don't do it enough but I LOVE YogaGlo. It's an online subscription and you can choose from a bunch of classes to take and there's some awesome prenatal ones. There's an app for it if you have a Samsung Smart TV or IPad etc. I watch on my smart tv and do it in my living room a couple times a week and it realllllly helps with my hip and back pain!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yoga is a big part of my life, and during this pregnancy I've continued my Bikram practice - it makes me feel incredibly strong and powerful! I haven't gone as often as usual in the past few weeks because I am not sleeping great, but my back hurts much less than it did last pregnancy. I also do a lot of pregnancy-friendly asanas at home.
  • I have been going to prenatal yoga once per week since about 16 weeks. It's been wonderful to stretch and open up hips etc. also nice to be surrounded by other pregnant women going through the same thing. Lots of advice and discussion that has been so helpful for me!! Highly recommend it for so many reasons.
    Married 4-27-13
    TTC for 1.5 yrs
    41 yrs old; DH is 37
    April 2014 MC at 9 wks 
    Jan 2015 Clomid, BFN 
    Feb 2015 Clomid, Ovidril, 1st IUI, BFN 
    Mar 2015 Clomid, Ovidril, 2nd IUI, BFN 
    May 2015 1st IVF, 19 follicles, 18 eggs retrieved on May 20, 13 fertilized, transferred 1 Blastocyst on May 25=BFP!; froze 2 Blastocysts
    Full term healthy baby boy born on 2-11-16
    Jan 29, 2018: FET 
    Feb 8. 2018: BFP! :)
    Mar 6: weak heartbeat. :(
  • I started going several weeks ago two times a week and I LOVED it. And I am not super sporty. The stretching and gentle workout felt great and we did pelvic floor and abdominal exercises specially targeted for delivery and recovery. Plus you're with a bunch of other pregnant women in a supportive, mellow environment. I highly recommend it and it's not too late to start. But I am soooo bummed because I pulled or maybe even tore an abdominal muscle (not during yoga) and now I'm in so much pain when I move any which way, I don't think I can continue yoga. I'm going to maybe try next week, but my injury is not getting any better after a week so I'm afraid I'm just stuck being as immobile as possible until this heals. :'(
  • I haven't found nothing in Nj at least not close to me I've been doing some things at my house and youtube videos hopefully it pays off since I want a natural birth
  • I started prenatal yoga a few weeks ago - around 32 weeks. I decided to do yoga in case I have to stop my current workouts at some point (light weight training and spinning / stationary biking. I stopped running at the beginning of this trimester). Yoga is a good addition because it's the opposite of the cardio and strength workouts I'm doing - both mentally and physically. Also, I am feeling very tight these days and welcome the opportunity to stretch out and open up more as labor approaches. I actually think some of the tightness has to do with fluid retention and increased blood volume too. Feeling pretty large these days! I wish I started yoga earlier on but am happy I'm doing it now.