Baby Names
Options

Does this flow?

My husband is loving the name Eve. I like it as well but don't know if it sounds right with our last name. Eve Green? MN have also been tough to come up with, but Annalise is sticking out in my head. So what do you think? Eve Annalise Green? Suggestions are welcomed. We are wanting something sweet. Thank you in advance!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Does this flow?

• Options
    I like the name, but I also have a one syllable last name and for that reason I'm avoiding super short first names. Just not a fan of the choppy feeling assuming she will go by first name last name most of the time (not using the middle name much).

Evelyn? It's common but you could call her Eve for short.

• Options
    My first choice has always been Evelyn nn Evie. Unfortunately, my closest work friend is Evelyn. We share and office and it would be weird.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't think it's bad. I never really care for 2 one syllable babes together, but the flow isn't terrible. I like the longer mn.

Suggest Eva or Ada instead? You'd have to lose Annalise though.
  • Options
    I was also going to suggest Eva.

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    I think Eve Green sounds nice. But to be honest I'm not crazy about Annalise.
  • Options
    Eve Green is a nice name, although it does sound a bit choppy. It shouldn't be a deal breaker if you love the name though. Keep in mind that even with a longer middle name to enhance the flow, she will never introduce herself as "Hi, I'm Eve Annalise Green." 
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I too like Eva a little better with Green than Eve, but dont mind Eve either. I also dont personally see any issue with Evie as the first name if you dont want to use Evelyn.

Some other options for Eve nn are Evangeline, Evonne and Genevieve
  • Options
    Probably out of left field but I like Annalisa Green. I think you need more syllables with a short last name. And I like the A at the end instead of the E of Annalise.

Maybe Annalisa Eve Green?
  • Options
    I actually know a little Evelyn green.

I don’t think Eve flows great with green. Too many e's.

Eva Anneliese Green would be better in my opinion.
  • Options
    I think it's too choppy.

• Options
    mthoomommthoomom member
    edited January 2016
    I don't think it flows well. A multi-syllabic first name will sound much better with a short last name like Green. 

Have you considered Evelyn Green? Annalise is a very pretty name, too. 
  • Options
    I agree with those who said Eva Green would be better.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think if your first choice has always been Evelyn, you should go with that even if it's the same name as your work friend. Is she a very good friend? Do you think you'll still be friends in 5 years?
  • Options
    I love Evelyn! evie for short. My husband has a coworker name Evie that he dislikes a lot...but we haven't taken it off our list. I like Evelyn Green.
  • Options
    I think it's fine, it doesn't sound choppy to me, but I have a long name that never fits on anything so to have a short name would be a blessing.
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• Options
    If Evelyn is off the table, maybe Genevieve if the alliteration doesn't bother you? Evangeline is nice too but Evangeline Green might be a bit much in the rhyming department, lol.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love the previous poster's suggestion of Genevieve Green!  She could still have the nickname Eve.
  • Options
    I like Evelyn with the nickname Evie/Eve. It is so popular, your co-worker would be ridiculous to think that the baby is named after her. It is #16 on the SSA Name List....that is pretty dang popular. 
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker