1st Trimester
Options

Doterra essential oils while pregnant

Hello I'm looking for advice on essential oils during early pregnancy. I use lavender in a diffuser at night and sometimes I diffuse breathe too as it helps with my husbands snoring. Most of my reasearch online suggest that these are ok to inhale through a diffuser but I wanted to get some real responses from you guys.
TIA

Re: Doterra essential oils while pregnant

• Options
    I would talk to your doctor. I know the massage place I go to doesn't let me use aromatherapy while pregnant. Maybe some are ok and others aren't.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    I've heard many are safe, but some aren't. I don't know what would be unsafe to diffuse, but I would try to find information from a licensed aromatherapist (NOT a doTerra consultant).
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used EOs throughout my pregnancy and now with DD. Talk to your doctor to get the ok on what is safe and what is not.
  • Options
    I have the doterra book 'Modern Essentials' and it says geranium, ylang ylang, lavender, grapefruit, and chamomile are all fine to diffuse or use topically. Ginger and peppermint are also ok to use for morning sickness. I actually use lavender every night. Put a drop directly on my pillow. There are more listed but those are the most common ones.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I would also double check with your doctor too just to be on the safe side!
    Pregnancy Ticker