April 2016 Moms
Options

STM procrastination.

I'm 27 weeks and when I was pregnant with DS1 I'm pretty sure his nursery was completed by now.
This time, I haven't even considered starting it. It still has all the "guest room" furniture in it.
Please tell me I'm not the only one.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: STM procrastination.

• Options
    Baby boy #5 on the way... 28 weeks... I've done nothing.. NADA :(
  • Options
    Yep 30 weeks here and as far as I've gotten is thinking, "I should really go through all the baby stuff soon to see what I need to get and what I can reuse!"
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    28 weeks tomorrow with DD #2 and the nursery is half painted. That's as far as we've gotten. Same boat that by third tri everything was done for DD1. I keep saying that the upcoming weekend is the one where the painting is going to get finished, the crib will be put together and I can figure out what decorative touches are needed. I swear next weekend it will all magically happen!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Almost 30 weeks with baby #4 and her room is still being utilized as the guest room/catch all room. We need to move out a full size bed and dresser, as well as go through the rest of our boxes from moving in June and multiple bins of baby clothes and whatnot. I just don't have the energy to do it! :(
  • Options
    cmjenkiescmjenkies member
    edited January 2016
    I have most things that will go into nursery but the guest room is actually a catch all room as well and it hasn't been cleaned out yet. DS never had a nursery so first time around he stayed in with us for almost a year due to living arrangements. I'm not very motivated to actually commit to the big project yet. It'll get there, someday.

Til then, hakuna matata.
  • Options
    Nope. But in my defense we are moving sometime after LO arrives. We don't have a spare room for a nursery so Dd2 will stay in our room until then. With DD1s room she is very attached to HER room and it's the size of a large closet so I am not sure how two would fit in there even if we wanted.
  • Options
    Yep. Only thing I've (and by this I mean DH) accomplished is getting furniture moved out of future nursery, 30 weeks tomorrow. DDs nursery was pretty much done last time. Unfortunately piles of junk remain and I'm too lazy to do anything about them. This was the state of the room this weekend. My mom is coming out this week to paint so I'm excited about that. Maybe she'll motivate me.
  • Options
    I've been big time procrastinating too. All I got was a double stroller and a few outfits. I still have DS1's bassinet so we'll use that one until he outgrows it and then order the crib. We plan on having the boys share a room so we don't necessarily need to do a whole lot. I did go through the clothes I had to do inventory and have like 3 huge store it bags with all these cute Zara outfits that DS hadn't even worn. So I think we'll just improvise as we go.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Not alone at all. I'm 27 weeks with #4 and just painted #3's bedroom walls last week. She just turned one.
  • Options
    I picked up a packet of NB diapers and some boy clothes and have called it good. If it weren't for my MIL, he'd be sleeping in pink sheets.
  • Options
    Our nursery is still occupied by #3. We're thinking about moving her out this weekend, but we're not in a hurry. Once she's out, I'll be able to pull out clothes and diapers. Until then, I'm not too worried about it.
  • Options
    Yup! 30 weeks and yesterday my doctor told me I'm having this baby in 7 weeks. And I have done ZERO. Panic mode on

I'm giving up on the whole signature thing.

• Options
    27 weeks tomorrow and I have done nothing. Our guest room will be DS#2's room and I have done absolutely nothing. I need to start sorting through DS's stuff to see what we are reusing and what needs to be purchased. Maybe my OB will motivate me at my appt next week. 
  • Options
    FTM, 30 weeks. Haven't done a thing.

I figure the kid will be ok- we have  a house, with a roof. My shower is in 2 weeks, so I figure I will get a lot of stuff then. We'll make it work :)
  • Options
    STM who pulled out clothes the other day and went through them.  Totally off season with DD1, but onesies will be fine no matter what.  I have the same crib DD was in...in pieces in my room (which is where LO will  be because we don't have another bedroom for her).  I have all these big plans to get cleaned up (read-trash everything in my way) and put things together, but nope...hasn't happened yet.  Meh....I will get there!

imageimage
  • Options
    I'm reusing the nursery, but that means DS1 needs to have a toddler room ready to move into, and that's not even started. I blame the pregnancy fatigue...
    DS1 12/30/13
    Miscarriage 3/15 at 10 weeks
    BFP 7/23/15 EDD 4/3/16

• Options
    28 weeks and all I've done go through clothes from my previous child. We're moving though so I just keep telling myself once we've moved then I'll set up everything. That's in like another month .
  • Options
    Thanks mamas. I feel a lot better knowing I'm not alone. Hopefully we start this weekend.

Maybe. But who am I kidding. Probably not.
  • Options
    28 weeks. Just pulled out the bassinet from the closet but sadly I only did it to get to something else non baby related.   I'm going to wait till leave to wash and organize clothes sheets blankets etc
  • Options
    Yay I'm not the only procrastinator! 28 weeks here. Last week I finally put the crib up, after it was sitting in pieces in my room surrounded by piles of clothes. My room was a disaster area. Got everything cleaned up and discovered that my bedroom indeed has a floor and the crib is all set up. I ordered a bunch of onesies, sleepers, hats/mittens online and they came the other day so at least he's got some clothes. It took so much out of me to get that done because of my constant charley horses. Just waiting on the crib mattress to be delivered and a couple more clothes and get some diapers and I think we're set for awhile.

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    This past weekend the nesting big hit. I wanted to do a lot. But all I did was clean out the guest bedroom closet and throw it on the guest bed. DD will be moving in there and baby will go in her room. Also we are team green and baby will likely sleep in pack n play in our room for 12 weeks. I think I started panicking realizing I won't get much done once baby is here between naps and feeding and snuggling.  I guess my weekends will be busy finishing up the transition
  • Options
    Nope. 28 weeks tomorrow and nothing. Mother in law just left last week (she stayed for over a month) and that was my excuse, but now it's just procrastination. Already had crib and rocking chair delivered, but DH promised he would take care of the closet and so far....nothing.
  • Options
    I feel so far behind! I've been pushing myself to decide on the color scheme for the nursery and I still can't choose. We've also been working on moving our boys into one room together but it is going super slow. DH is moving like a snail on his projects too. I'I know it will all come together but I don't want to be doing everything at 35 weeks+. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We haven't done much either! We did paint the walls and put the crib back up...that's about it. I still need to do dig out and wash all the "stuff" and all my NB clothes. I'll get to it at some point!  ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've gone to a whole new level of procrastination where I even pick up my in store orders on the last day. I have an item waiting for pickup for a week and even though the store is a mile from my house I still haven't found the motivation to go. 

• Options
    I have nothing.  No diapers, no clothes, no gear, nothing. 
  • Options
    There are also less than a handful of people who even know, which is way more trippy. 
  • Options
    @SweetBriarBee had my dear friend not given me two bags of clothes from her son I wouldn't have anything either....
  • Options
    I had a shower on Saturday. I got my first item of baby clothing at said shower. You are not alone.
  • Options
    happydaigzhappydaigz member
    edited February 2016
    I too have absolutely nothing ready. I keep wondering when it's going to click that I need to get started. Instead I keep putting it aside. I swear I'll be stopping by the store while in labor and on the way to the hospital to pick up the going home outfit. 
  • Options
    I bought an outfit! And it was on sale, so that's a plus.  And my sister bought me a car seat (the one I told because she's like a damn vault, plus, someone needs to know in case something happens, right?).  Seriously, best sister ever.  So I guess I'm like, 5% done now.  
  • Options
    OMG I actually have just about everything now. Thank you, Amazon Prime.

• Options
    Just sorted through the clothes our friend gave us since I had the day off. I pulled the 0-3 months and put them in the laundry.   Finally doing something :)