April 2015 Moms
Options

Stopped taking bottle

candj07candj07 member
edited January 2016 in April 2015 Moms
Hi! I wasn't sure if any of you ladies had issues with your LO rejecting bottles? Mine had taken them no problem up until about a month ago. My MIL watched her while I went into my office for part of the day and I had to come home early because my daughter hadn't eaten for 7 hours due to only wanting to nurse. We do implement baby food into her diet as well. I am confused with why she would take a bottle for so long and then after 9 months decided she wouldn't do it anymore. If I leave I have to leave baby food and can't go for long because of it. I have a freezer stored with milk I have pumped and haven't been able to use. I have tried a few brands of bottles and even sippy cups with water or apple juice and she has no interest. I was wondering if anyone else has dealt with this before or if there are anu suggestions? :smile: 

Re: Stopped taking bottle

• Options
    A few weeks ago my son wasn't taking the bottle well. We changed the nipple flow on the bottle and that worked.
  • Options
    I am going through the same thing with my son who is almost 10 months old. One day when he was around 8 months old, he just refused bottles. Everything I read said its a phase and to just keep trying but he continues to refuse. He takes occasional sips of water from a sippy cup but will not take milk that way. He nurses like a champ but I am working part time so on those days I worry he's not getting the nutrition he needs. He is eating solids and I leave food for him on work days. I try to arrange my schedule so he only missed nursing once per day. Sometimes that's not possible. So far he is growing normally so I'm trying not to worry too much. I just keep trying but don't push it. Sorry I don't have more advise. Would love to hear it if anyone else has ideas.