October 2015 Moms
Options

Migraine sufferers.

How do you function when one hits? I don't know what's going on. I didn't have any my whole pregnancy, and since I had her I've had about 3 a week. Today's is the worst and I'm home with her and can barely move. It's awful. Pre pregnancy I was taking topamax to keep them under control, I started taking them after her and they seemed to make them worse.

Anyone have any go to remedies for migraines? I'm miserable right now.

Re: Migraine sufferers.

• Options
    I had them before and after but not during pregnancy. I haven't taken medication for them. Luckily they haven't totally knocked me out while I was home alone with my LO. But they have me nauseated enough to throw up. That sucks.
    Sometimes a cup of coffee or other caffeine helps or sugar. Although I can't go overboard since I'm EBFing. Peppermint tea is suppose to help. Sometimes a cold, damp cloth on my forehead and over my eyes helps. Or the opposite of putting a heating pad on my neck and shoulders. A dark, cool, quiet room. (good luck with that last one) 
    I don't know if you would quantify mine as really bad headaches or migraines. But its usually a combination of things that tend to cause them. Stress, sickness, sleep deprivation, hormone changes (cycle shifts), exposed to migraine triggers. So its hard to fix just one thing. Because its never just one of them.

I hope something helps. It sucks to not be able to be a 100% for yourself and for your LO. :/
    Good luck.
    Baby Riker - 10/20/15 11:46pm 7lbs 9oz 21in
  • Options
    I get them every once in a while. When I do I make sure to drink water, stop whatever I'm doing and sit completely still. If you're able to lie down, do it. If I catch it right when I get the aura, I'm able to be up and about within 40 minutes or so. I hope you feel better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    :) visit my blog to get easy recipes & mom stuff: http://somestufforwhatever.wordpress.com  :)