February 2016 Moms

Your thoughts?

Came across this photo.
The person who posted this stated that it was bringing awareness to breastfeeding, as well as all body types, race, stretch marks or lack thereof, etc.
What do YOU think?

Re: Your thoughts?

• @VitaLuna I agree! What does breastfeeding have to do with a crotch?
    Promoting acceptance of the mom body, all for it. Promoting breastfeeding... Kind of a fail.
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with PPs, it's a little farfetched to say it has to do with public breastfeeding I mean I don't know anyone who would BF in public like that.
  • I agree with all. It does the opposite or promoting. Especially for those against bfing saying that it is the naked body that people don't need to see, and sexualizing. Unfortunately the picture is a whole naked body in the name of bfing. I do agree it would be good for promoting a healthy view on mom bodies though.
  • Wait, they're breastfeeding? All I see it's butts and crotches. No, but seriously, it misses the point.

• I don't think naked bodies have a place on Facebook, regardless of intention. I am just not sure that flooding social media with pictures of naked women, or even with just boobs showing, actually does what is trying to be done.

• I agree with what the majority have said. :/
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• xokateoxxokateox member
    edited January 2016
    Wowsa! I kind of love it. But I agree with the general sentiment here and think it just might freak the naysayers out more. So in this way it's unfortunately counter productive especially on a forum such as Facebook with such a wide spectrum of people and opinions. On like a feminist blog or something where it can be appreciated, I'm all for it! It is beautiful.

ETA but I'm glad your friend attempted something he thought might help the cause! People who get freaked out by breastfeeding drive me bonkers.
  • OMG! Public nudity and public breastfeeding are two entirely different things!  
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @JMarie1291 love the beanie! A friend has threatened to make me one :-)
  • My first reaction is wow that's beautiful and so natural. But ya, like PPs said, I don't think we need to have women naked. I suppose it shows nothing is trying to be hidden or forbidden but if our goal is to normalize bfing then we just need to show more pics of it and not in a nudity sort of way. Just a matter of fact way.
    6 & 2 year old, 2 losses