July 2015 Moms
Options

Horrible Cough

I have a horrible cold that has moved to my chest. I now have a horrible cough that is not allowing me to sleep. Anyone know if I can take Delsym cough suppressant? I've been trying to tough it out and go the all natural route, but it doesn't seem to be working. I have to get some relief! Any suggestions? Oh and I'm breastfeeding.

Re: Horrible Cough

• Options
    I had a cold a few weeks back and went online to see what I could take because I also had a horrible migraine. I tried holding it off but had to take an Advil. Just one though. I'm going to leave the link below and they have the medicines you could take for coughs and what to watch out for. But I hope it's not necessary and you feel better. Have you tried tea!? I hope you feel better mama!! Let us know if anything! And if you have any doubts contact your doctor maybe they can prescribe something too. https://www.infantrisk.com/content/over-counter-treatments-cough-and-cold
  • Options
    You should try some fresh ginger root in tea with lemon.. always helps me! :) 

here is instructions on how to make it:

• Freshly chopped Ginger
    • 1 tbsp Honey
    • 1 cup of water
    • Lemon slice
    • Tea

How to:

• Add one cup of water in saucepan and put it on the flame.
    • Add freshly chopped ginger and tea and into the water.
    • Bring the water to boil and the color of the fluid turns reddish brown.
    • Strain the content and pour the content into a cup.
    • Add few drops of lemon juice and honey according to your taste.
    • Serve hot.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. Friday was the worst, and I chickened out and didn't take anything. I've been drinking tons of tea!! If it wasn't for the warm tea I would have coughed my insides up. My friend uses essential oils and gave me some thieves and lemon to put in tea as well. Still fighting it, but not nearly as bad.