June 2016 Moms
Options

Baby name question

We aren't finding out what we're having until the baby is born, but we've already had one boy and one girl name picked out since we started trying to conceive two years ago. The problem is, our girl name is the same as what our wedding photographer named her little girl. We aren't close friends by any means, but friends on Facebook. I'm in love with the name, but somehow I still feel guilty. Should we just keep our name?

Re: Baby name question

• Options
    Keep your name.
  • Options
    I don't see why this would make you feel guilty. It's a name. There will always be someone else out there who has it other than your kid. If you like it keep it.

babysizercom pregnancy ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If it's not a family member or close friend, then it doesn't matter. You'll run out of names very quickly if you worry about matching every facebook friend you never spend time with.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Keep it
    DS 9/2/13 was a BFP from an IUI!
    Triplets due 6/29/16 also from an IUI!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I vote keep it too. I work with close to 80 people, and so names (of coworkers or their kids) are hard to avoid. We actually just decided on a boys name that is the same as my direct neighbor at work. I'll just tell him I'm naming the baby after him so that he'll have to be nice to me forever.
  • Options
    Keep it :smile:
  • Options
    Keep it and don't think twice about it!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Keep it. I named my daughter Elise, which is the same name as my son's net sheet teacher at church at the time. We weren't close friends then, but we are now. I don't feel weird about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Agreed with @vulpini completely -- I assume you're not that close with your wedding photographer, so there's no conflict here. 
  • Options
    I would keep it! We liked the name Hayley then our friends ended up naming their daughter Hayley so we changed names. I'm glad we switched though because Hayley seems to be getting more popular, ever since they named their daughter Hayley Ive met a bunch of other Hayley's. But we only changed names because they are close friends of ours. Now we like the name Alyssa Marie.
    Daisypath - nBGk

Lilypie - GQnA

• Options
    Yes, of course you keep it.
    Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• Options
    Keep it!  It might be different if it were your best friend, but not someone who is an acquaintance.
  • Options
    I'd keep it for sure unless it's such an unusual name/spelling that it will look super weird, like you could only have gotten the idea from her. Otherwise, yeah, go for it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto to everything PP have said.
  • Options
    Definitely keep it. Names may be the same but the individual meaning to the parents is much more special.

BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

>

• Options
    aloha5736aloha5736 member
    edited January 2016
    I like the same name as one of my friends friend. We see each other and talk here and there. I know her more than you know your photographer, but I told her I was using the same name. We don't see each other enough to worry about it, so I wouldn't worry about it being your photographers child's name!