1st Trimester
Options

Hungry non-stop

eightynineeightynine member
edited January 2016 in 1st Trimester
I'm 8 weeks in and I am starving, constantly. (Unless I'm really sick, then I'm not interested in eating). But I often also feel sick when I haven't eaten. I'm finding there are different kinds of morning sickness.

Prior to pregnancy I skipped breakfast and ate a moderately sized lunch and big dinner. I also work out, and still do, but now on any days I have a good workout I am even more starving.

i feel like instead of 5 small meals, I just need to eat nonstop snacks to prevent getting nauseous from an empty stomach. I can't believe how hungry I am, considering how tiny baby is. How are other people managing this? Is this common so early in pregnancy?

Re: Hungry non-stop

• Options
    If you're hungry, eat. Make sure you're getting plenty of protein.

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome to pregnancy! Yes, it's common. Like @ecwk said, make sure you're eating plenty of protein, and have snacks in your purse, car or desk. And that they have at least a little nutritional value. During my 1st tri, I had the "breakfast essentials" chocolate drink packets in my car and would make one of those with milk at work when I got hungry, but didn't want to cave and eat chips. They have protein and other nutrients.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Im the same way.im 6 weeks, 3rd pregnancy. I eat eat eat, because all of a sudden i LOVE food. I normally weigh about 115lbs, and id say ive already put on almost 5lbs! I hate this new eating habit I develope.
  • Options
    I've been feeling the same way! I'll be 12 weeks tomorrow and I feel like I'm eating constantly. I eat small meals throughout the day, but I really do feel like I'm pretty much constantly eating (I eat my meals slowly so I can spread them out). I highly recommend hard boiled eggs! I've been eating those suckers like crazy. Greek yogurt is another yummy protein-packed snack. 
    If you're worried about eating TOO much, don't. As long as you're eating healthy, you'll be fine. I weighed myself yesterday and I've actually lost three pounds since the appointment I had at 4 weeks, and I'm a healthy weight and haven't had any vomiting. 
    Me: 25  DH: 28

Hubby's little boy - my wonderful step-son - born 5/23/10
    BFP#1: 06/2010...my beautiful baby girl born 3/7/2011
    BFP #2: 10/24/15...mc on 10/31/15
    BFP #3: 11/27/15. EDD 8/6/16

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill