3rd Trimester
Options

Insane sugar cravings

Anyone else craving sweets like mad?? Idk if its a 3rd tri thing or what, but the cravings for sugar are REAL at 35w! Was fine all preg until now.

Re: Insane sugar cravings

• Options
    Oh yeah, late 2nd trimester and all of 3rd I ate a ridiculous amount of sugary treats. My sister started working at a gourmet cake shop during my 3rd trimester, so that didn't help my cravings at all!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's all I want. I loved sweets before pregnancy but I think it increases every week or something. Nothing seems appetizing unless it's sweet or sugary.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes! I went grocery shopping on Friday and bought doughnuts for DD, DH and myself... Long story short, DH never knew about the doughnuts because I ate mine AND his before he got home from work!! Whoops!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Yep. Mine were intense in second trimester but still pretty solidly craving sweets in third (I'm 40+2 today!)! I try to balance the cravings out by eating sweet, juicy fruit (peaches, apples with cinnamon, grapes) to compensate for the times when I just give in and eat candy. I never craved salty things, always sweet. 
  • Options
    ejverre said:

Yes! I went grocery shopping on Friday and bought doughnuts for DD, DH and myself... Long story short, DH never knew about the doughnuts because I ate mine AND his before he got home from work!! Whoops!

My third trimester I always had a stash of cookies or snack cakes in my car so SO wouldn't ask for any. They were mine. All mine.
  • Options
    nbc2015nbc2015 member
    edited January 2016
    Today I had a Twix...followed by some gummy bears. I'm now thinking about making a cake to follow dinner. So many sweets. I want them all.
  • Options
    Ugh yes! I wasn't even a sweets person before this pregnancy. All i've been craving is so much sugar that I feel bad for this baby and thank goodness I don't have GD
  • Options
    Last night, I had an enormous ice cream cone from some fancy-pants, artisanal/hipster, hand-made ice cream parlor that cost $9 and I didn't even bat an eye.

(Yes, it was amazing.)
  • Options
  • Options
    I was craving sweets my second trimester but not so much anymore. The ONE thing I can't live without is milk. It's so bad that the other day I went to the store to buy a gallon and didn't even make it home before opening and drinking half at a red light.
  • Options
    Yes, definitely been going crazy for sweets and didn't have a sweet tooth pre-pregnancy!

My doctor told me craving sweets can be a symptom of dehydration, though. So make sure you are drinking enough water!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am DYING for cookies, ice cream, cake, muffins, donuts, anything that's sweet and bad for me. It's serious! I drink tons of water but the cravings don't stop. My doc and doula both are on me about it even though my weight gain is not high at all. Ugh.
    Pregnancy Ticker