Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Baby hasn't rolled over yet???

edited January 2016 in Babies: 3 - 6 Months
4.5 months and hasn't rolled over whatsoever. He squirms & kicks a bunch when laying on his back . He doesn't like doing tummy time too much either.

Re: Baby hasn't rolled over yet???

• Options
    Sounds a lot like my 4 month old.  
    imageimage

TTC #1** Went off BCP July 2011

Me: 31 DH:31

Jan 2012 Dx PCOS by OB/Gyn

July 2012 - Tests with RE confirmed PCOS and annovulation

2 rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's using clomid + injectibles. 

Surprise BFP while on break cycle due to cysts.  It's a girl! Baby "E" born on Thanksgiving Day 11/28/13

• Options
    My LO has rolled over from tummy to back only a handful of times. He hated tummy time in beginning but tolerates it a bit more now that he can hold his head up. Has not rolled from back to belly. He is 5 months. He prefers to be upright and spends time in bumbo seat or bouncy seat. We still do tummy time but he prefers the seats. I'm not too worried, he reaches for toys when on tummy or back and kicks a lot I'm sure he roll when he's ready
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Little man will be 5 months next Saturday and about two weeks ago he rolled from belly to back, he did it a handful of times, the last few days he has mastered back to tummy in rolling. It happens quickly once they get their minds set on it. 
    Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012
  • Options
    My 4.5 month old preemie gates tummy time but I get it in at least 2-3 times a day. Usually for 5mins at a time. Last week she rolled from belly to back 2 or 3 times and has started going from back to side. This week no rolls?? She loves her exersaucer so we do that a couple times a day. Doctor said if she isn't rolling by 5months to bring her to the occupational therapy at the office (it's free) so I guess if she's not doing it consistently in two weeks I should? I think the main thing is she doesn't push up with her arms. Her legs and back are so strong and she kicks and inches a lot with them but arms no dice. 
  • Options
    That's OK my baby is backwards,  he rolls from back to belly all the time and then gets mad because he gets stuck and can't go from his belly to his back... 
    Having a helluva a time sleeping in the crib,  because I'd be told to his belly he gets stuck and angry! 
  • Options
    My LO has been rolling from back to belly since he was 3mo. He is 4 months now and he is just mastering from belly to back. But he is always moving himself around and turning when he's laying down. Every baby progresses differently. One of my doctors told me that boys tend to follow the pattern of the father with milestones. Not sure how true but that's what I was told. 
  • Options
    My LO is 4 months and has not rolled over, and shows no interest in doing so. He hates tummy, and only recently has begun to tolerate it for short intervals. When he had his 4 month check up last week his pedi was not concerned at all. 
  • Options
    Rolling over is more of a five month milestone and can happen later than that and still not necessarily be an issue. 
  • Options
    My LO 6 months old.  He will roll from tummy to back occasionally but the other direction.  He is not a fan of tummy but tolerates it more now than before.  He can sit up so would much rather do that.  Doctor was not at all concerned at 6 month visit.  Said he might but some babies don't.  
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    Try tummy time in little segments. If he/she starts fussing, roll them over, wait until they're content and try again. 
  • Options
    My little guy does the rolling thing starting at 3 months, however I have a friend whose baby has yet to roll at 6 months. She sits up on her own and is working on crawling. Her pediatrician isn't worried.
  • Options
    Mine didn't do it until about 5 months. She did it in from of my MIL while I was at work (grr) and then we found out she had been doing it for a bit at daycare. Ever since then, you can't keep her on her back during the day. So far no rolling at night though 
  • Options
    there is still time don't worry.. my cousin rolloed over at about 5.5 months