Formula Feeding
Options

Cluster Feeding

misamimamisamima member
edited January 2016 in Formula Feeding
Does anyone else's LO cluster feed at night? Like every 2 hrs? LO usually eats 3 oz every 3-3.5 hrs during the day and night. But she tends to cluster feed at night from 4-8, about 2 oz every 2 hrs. I know formula is heavier than breastmilk and I don't know if I should be worried that she's eating too much. She's been doing it for the past week. Anyone else? Growth spurt?

ETA she's 3 weeks old.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Cluster Feeding

• Options
    Why would you be worried, if she's hungry and not spitting up she needs it. Feed her!
  • Options
    I guess I'm not sure if cluster feeding is normal with formula fed babies. I feed her whenever she's hungry, obvi. DD was formula fed as well and never cluster fed. This baby is throwing me in for a loop!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine has been combo fed (now at 16 weeks almost exclusively FF) and has never had a 3 hour schedule. On average he eats every 1 1/2- 2 1/2 hours with the exception at night like after 21:00 it's usually every 3-4 hours.
    He is a hungry boy.

So I'm guessing your LO is just fine :)
  • Options
    Growth spurt! My daughter did the same at three weeks as well and we combo fed when she was that age. We always fed on demand regardless.