February 2016 Moms
Options

Spotting

So today I noticed some light spotting (brownish) on my panty liner when I went to the bathroom. Haven't passed my mucus plug that I'm aware of, just normal discharge. Been having irregular contractions, cramping, back pain for weeks. At my appt a few days ago "nothing was happening" with regard to cervical changes. Anyone else have this happen and did it mean anything? I'm guessing maybe some dilation/effacement is happening? I'm 36w5d.
I guess I'm just wondering about others' experiences. Have an appt on Mon so plan to discuss with my doc then.

Re: Spotting

• Options
    I had one episode of sporting and it stopped. My discomfort level is going up though, so maybe that is a sign?
  • Options
    It could be because of your appointment. Spotting after your cervix is checked is not uncommon because of all the blood vessels. Just call your doctor if it's true bleeding like a period
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can have spotting after a cervical check which is completely normal.
  • Options
    I had some bright red spotting around 35 weeks. It happened twice and went away as quick as it came. OB checked and said not much was happening, she wasn't sure what it was from but wasn't concerned. As long as they check you out, I wouldn't be too concerned.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My OB warned me that I might spot after the cervical check. She said to call if I had any bleeding like a period.
  • Options
    Have you had sex recently? Could be from that too. Seems to be what causes me so spot. Could be old blood.
  • Options
    I had a cervical check this afternoon and then found bright red blood in my underwear this evening. I don't think it's my mucus plug since there's no mucus/discharge with the blood. I read a few things online that said to call the doc if it doesn't go away in 24 hours. I feel like my docs always brush everything off so I'm avoiding calling the after hours doc unless I really think something is going on.
  • Options
    @middy411 I bled pretty bad at my cervical check(Tuesday @2pm) and then still for about 3 hours (the OB was rough- not my normal OB) but by that evening it was just spotting and then some light spotting until noon the the day. None since though. So I bet you will be good- like you say, just call in 24 hours if it's still happening. Hope all goes well!!