Stress relieving / reducing tips? — The Bump
Chit Chat

Stress relieving / reducing tips?

Hello everyone,

For the past couple days things have been a bit more stressful than usual due to some recent and unexpected family drama and my go-to strategies for reducing stress aren't working as well as I would like. I usually will drink tea and read a good book or take a nice long bubble bath or watch a couple episodes of Charmed (or whatever else I see on Netflix) while drinking tea or hot chocolate.

Any tips / suggestions for what you do that seems to work would be appreciated.
Me:28 | DH: 28
Married: 07-2014
TTC #1: Since November 2015
Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
     due to previous issues.
***TW***
BFP: 11/4/2016
*TW*
 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Stress relieving / reducing tips?

• Doing some yoga poses at home or going for a long walk with the dog often helps me to feel more relaxed and get my head straight.
    SaphireSweetie88
  • Alcohol. Preferably wine.
    bridgemanliz
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks!
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• kostenannkostenann member
    edited July 2021
    Hi. 
    That is the main reason I started journaling. When my mind is too cluttered with anxiety or other negative thoughts, weighing down like a very heavy weight on me, i start writing. Just mechanically ‘downloading’ the thoughts into paper. After writing a few lines somehow the mind starts clearing up. Then I can start addressing the worries more rationally. Initially, I had to remind myself to write at tough times but now that is my first go to. Now I write both at good times and bad ones. I just use a digital planner. I would highly encourage you to jot down whatever is in your mind.