TTC After a Loss
Options

Anyone else hate "early pregnancy symptons"?

Hi everyone
I'm new to posting so excuse me if I miss any forum etiquette. A little bit about me: UK based, 33, soon to be 34 with one DS who will soon be 6 and recently diagnosed with ASD.

I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks in October 2015. I've been devastated ever since. DH and I got pregnant on the first try after removal of Mirena coil back in August.
I gave myself 2 cycles break before ttc again. I track my cycles using Clue it's always accurate for me but guess what AF came anyway...
I had all the typical early pregnancy signs; sore throat, stuffy nose, high temp, high cp, pinky cm (this sorry) nausea, bloating and abdominal twinges all of which is unusual for me to have before AF.
Why must we be driven mad by these symptons? I thought we'd get pregnant as fast as we did before. I have been taking prenatal supplements since July, cut out coffee, alcohol and increased iron and superfood intake even drank yucky detox tea during ttc break.

Rant, rant, rant. Sorry!

Re: Anyone else hate "early pregnancy symptons"?

• Options
    I'm with you @glamakitti! I don't think I've even ovulated yet, but I swear my boobs already hurt and they have only ever hurt during pregnancy! Because this is only my 2nd cycle post-DNC and I heard it could be wonky and for some other reasons related to weird issues I've had and upcoming travel to Mexico, I've already started testing. I will probably test every other day til AF just be be sure. Sigh.
  • Options
    Meh. "Early pregnancy symptoms" are the same as PMS. I try not to read into anything until I get a +HPT.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Agreed @PeggyOlsonFTW . I will say that I have noticed a big change in PMS "symptoms" since both giving birth and my miscarriage. It seems like how my body reacts to increased progesterone changes each time I am pregnant. I will say though that the times I was really pregnant, I definitely knew it, like totally unmistakable before taking a test.
  • Options
    I try not to symptom spot - but you're right, it can be hard. I'm going to be trying to convince DH that this time around we can test before 18 DPO... I think the weird one that I've never had with PMS that I had as my earliest symptom - dizziness - might trigger symptom spotting - but if it starts driving me BSC I'm peeing on a stick. 
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    megsbrockmegsbrock member
    edited January 2016
    Symptom spotting is so hard to deal with...I flip flop between ignoring any symptoms and telling myself to chill out...to thinking oh I must be pregnant if I'm feeling X symptom....
    I just try to take it day by day, and care for my body as if I was pregnant but not let it disrupt my daily life if that makes any sense.

Rant away girl! It sounds like you are doing everything you can to put your body in optimal health to make a baby, and that's all you can really do sometimes.
    H and I both 30
    TTC #1 started Aug 2014
    BFP Apr 3 2015
    natural M/C April 20 2015 @ 6w6d
    BFP Nov 18 2015
    natural M/C Nov 23 2015 @ 5w4d.

• Options
    Ugh. This speaks to me today. Totally BSC today...waking up early morning and can't fall back asleep, queasy the last couple days, mood swings, belly twinges...wtf?! Caved and POAS this AM...BFN and I'm not sure about when O was this month so I felt so stupid doing it. But, I totally chilled out afterward and it kind of gave me peace. (Well worth 88 cents, IMO) But even before the BSC, I have felt all kinds of wonky in general after MC...just want to feel "normal" again!

I think going through a loss or losses puts an emotional spin on an already emotional roller coaster...plus the physical upset....and wanting to be pregnant again....totally allowed to rant! Especially here where people can relate. Hoping you find some calmness in all this.
  • Options
    This is why I like Wondfos (and other cheap HPTs). Instead of driving yourself crazy symptom spotting, go POAS. If it's negative, your symptoms are not pregnancy related. Even if that means testing at 9DPO. At least that way, you know whether your current symptoms are related to pregnancy or not, and you don't waste a lot of money on expensive tests. MUCH less stressful for me than waffling back and forth for days with the "am I or aren't I??!?!?"
  • Options
    I'm agreeing with everyone else saying that I haven't felt the same since my MC and I definitely haven't been having the same set of PMS symptoms. Before my MC I pretty much knew what to expect from PMS. I'd want to sleep and eat all the time and I'd be super cranky. Now, on top of all that, I also get heartburn, some mild nausea, my breasts increase nearly a full cup size and feel weird accordingly, I have more cramping throughout the TWW and on top of being super cranky I'm also just more emotional in general. So after snapping at DH over some stupid little thing I'll burst into tears.

It is definitely taking me some time to get used to the "new normal" and I'll be honest: it has been hard to not read into things during the TWW since the MC.

So just know that what you're going through is pretty normal (unfortunately). And try not to read too much into "symptoms." I know that's usually much easier said than done. Hopefully you get your BFP soon for your rainbow baby.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I feel the same way! I recently finished my second AF since MC and it was very wonky. I had horrible nausea, which I'd never had before with AF. Adjusting to these new cycles hasn't been fun and I never seem to know what to expect next. But knowing that not being normal IS normal helps and I just try not to read into anything.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    Thank you for the responses ladies. It's nice to know I am not alone and I've gotten some good advice too.