Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Benched/TTA Mid-Week Check In (1/21)

izza2izza2 member
edited January 2016 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Hello Ladies!

Here's the mid-week check in for our benched/TTA ladies. Any suggestions to improve this are greatly appreciated. The first time is always the most awkward. ;)

How has the week been going so far?
Any rants or raves or things to get off your chest?
Need a CS or have a question?
GTKY: What is your favourite thing about your significant other?

ETA: Feel free to include anything you want to post that isn't indicated on this OP -- like I said, first time is most awkward so I may have missed something you'd want to include.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

Re: Benched/TTA Mid-Week Check In (1/21)

• Options
    How has the week been going so far? It was going kind of sucky, but I feel that things have taken an up-turn today! I think the MC has finally ended, completely, for good!

Any rants or raves or things to get off your chest? Really happy that my over a month of bleeding seems to finally be over, really happy to be almost done with our rental house reno we've had going since August.... today is a better day! I'm actually starting to get excited about TTC again, hopefully next month! Also I was reading through the DH post this morning and laughing way too hard at work. Not suspicious at all, *cough, cough*.

Need a CS or have a question? Not charting yet.

GTKY: What is your favourite thing about your significant other? Oh gosh, this is a hard one! I love a lot of things about DH, but if I could only pick one, I'd say that he is my calm place. He doesn't panic when I am stressed about something, he always knows just what to say, and I never have to worry about his response. He is my rock in times of trouble.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    @WinchesterGirl - Good to hear that the MC should be ended. It's at least a step forward in the process!

How has the week been going so far? Good

Any rants or raves or things to get off your chest? For once, no. I've been avoiding all things baby-related because I get baby-fever every time I look at anything remotely related. I've turned to kittens in the meantime. Gizmo needs a friend, so I'm thinking we should get a cat. Hubby's not convinced...

GTKY: What is your favourite thing about your significant other? Aside from his work ethic, I think it would be his family-orientation. He didn't grow up with a family-oriented... family... so it's really nice and wonderful to see him geared toward making up for that loss in his life.

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    How has the week been going so far?
    Really Interesting actually!!  I went to an HR meeting about maternity leave.  Turns out short term disability is actually basically useless for me.  DH and I were waiting in a large part due to waiting for me to qualify for this so we are actually going to start TTC a few months earlier now - May instead of July!  WOOHOO!
    Any rants or raves or things to get off your chest?
    Pretty much all of the women at the meeting were already pregnant and they were all super pissed about what a crappy deal maternity leave is.  Seriously though.  America.  Get your shit together.
    Nah.  I'm only on CD 10 so nothing particularly special is happening so far
    GTKY: What is your favourite thing about your significant other?
    Honestly?  This is going to sound silly but just the way he treats me.  I feel like I went through my whole life in relationships with these guys who just didn't give a crap about me and their actions really showed that.  DH takes care of me - he cooks, he adjusts the heat if I look cold, he even through my bath towel in the dryer when I had a bad cold so that when I got out of the shower it would be warm for me.  He just thinks about my happiness all the time and it's important to him.  I know that makes me sound super selfish... but I love it.

Edit:  Also I just wanted to say I'm really happy we have this.  For a while I was posting just on WTO but I knew I didn't really fit there - but wanted to be active in this community.  So thanks for doing this :)
  • Options
    @antoto - That doesn't make you sound selfish at all! That sounds really cute! Do you think your husband would be willing to give mine a few lessons in niceties? He could use some pointers. :P

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    Ladies, I'm joining your ranks after a visit to my travel doctor this morning. We are traveling to Mexico on Saturday and that damn Zika virus has hijacked my baby-making vacation! Dangnamit! I'm so disappointed.

@WinchesterGirl I'm so glad to hear that your MC has finished. I can't imagine what you're going through and I'm so sorry for your loss.

@izza2 I fully support using kittens to distract you! Far better than work or other boring stuff!

@antoto That is so great that you guys get to move up your timeline!!!

How has the week been going so far? Well this Zika virus has really thrown a wrench in our plans. I'm just sick about it. It's certainly not the end of the world, but still disheartening.

Any rants or raves or things to get off your chest? ZIKA!

Need a CS or have a question? No, my chart is looking pretty and I'd like to give all the credit to v-temping!

GTKY: What is your favourite thing about your significant other? Choosing one thing is soooo hard! But lately I've been thinking about his confidence. It's bold and amazing.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me - 33    DH - 30 
    Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since January 2016
    BFP 03/14/16
    EDD 11/22/16

• Options
    Thanks, @AL_TwinCities

I was so sorry to hear about your loss. I definitely remember you from when I was lurking months ago.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me - 33    DH - 30 
    Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since January 2016
    BFP 03/14/16
    EDD 11/22/16

• Options
    Thanks ladies! I always bump on mobile and just randomly logged in on my tablet and saw like a million notifications and now I feel silly that I didn't know that was a thing.

@izza2 I agree with everyone else, yes to kittens.:)

@antoto that sucks about your short term disability, but that's great about moving the time line up. 

@SweetiePateetie Boo hiss to the Zika virus.

@AL_TwinCities sorry about the headache. That sucks. Is the spotting slowing down any?
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    @WinchesterGirl I'm glad the bleeding is ending and things are looking good for trying next month!

@izza2 kittens make everything better, trust me on this one.

@antoto I love those little gestures of love and kindness!  That's my favorite thing about my H too.

@Sweetiepateetie I'm with you on the Zika Virus.  I have an important wedding in Mexico that I really can't miss at the end of February so we're TTA until we get back.  It's frustrating as hell, but less so than worrying about causing major birth defects because I'm being impatient.  Glad you're getting your charting sorted in the meantime though!

@AL_TwinCities Your GTKY gave me the warm fuzzies! 

How has the week been going so far? I'm in my fertile week and it's feeling like a futile week... all this EWCM going to waste!!

Any rants or raves or things to get off your chest? seconding the Zika virus hatred, also WTO ovulate in the next day or two so I can have sex with my husband again.  

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about your significant other? He's pretty indulgent with me and makes me feel loved and appreciated. And while he has a tendency to not "get" things at first (like me being upset about my CP- since I told him it's usually cause by a genetic defect) he keeps processing it and trying to understand.  I understand he's just not an emotional person, and I appreciate his effort. 
  • Options
    @WinchesterGirl I'm so glad that your MC is ending.

@izza2 I'm the same way with my dog. I've wanted another puppy for a while. I want to give him a friend but I'm so worried he's not gonna feel as loved.

@antoto that sucks about your maternity leave! And my DH is the same way and I don't feel selfish at all. Haha

@SweetiePateetie @housewifehobbyist I hope y'all have a blast on your trips! Hopefully Zika doesn't ruin your enjoyment too much!

@AL_TwinCities I hope you feel better!

How is your week going? Mines pretty ok. Not great but not bad either. We're going to Mardi Gras this weekend and I'm pretty excited. I would have preferred to be KU but since I'm not I'm getting shitfaced drunk. yay!

Rants: I'm starting to get chest congestion and it sucks. And we're out of mucinex. I'm gonna get some when I feel like getting out of bed.

Gtky: Its hard to put a name to, but he just gets shit done. Like if something goes wrong he doesn't get mopy and sit around complaining. He immediately takes action. Like our sink broke a month ago and he helped me wash dishes in bathtub that night. Or our central air went out in the middle of the 110* summer and he bought a window unit and put it in our bedroom then moved all the important things into the bedroom and we lived in there until It was fixed (it was only the weekend). I guess it doesn't seem like much when I type it out, but I just really love it.

He's also very kind to strangers and wants to help everyone. He's constantly giving people directions in our tourist town.
    Me:27 DH: 28
    Married May 2012
     TTC#1 July 2013 - July 2015 (no success)
    Again TTC#1: Dec 2015
    First RE visit: Feb 2016
    BFP: 9/16/16 EDD:5/26/17