Me: 29
DH: 32
Married: June 2011
DD #1: December 2013
DD #2: EDD July 2016

Re: UO Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @chanfa they do!! It was the best discovery ever. Though I have not found out yet if they will accept the expired ones yet like BBB. That is on my to-do list to figure out. 
  • Options
    nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited January 2016
    I hate BBB and BRU. The selection is there at least but they are both so overpriced.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @mckcak23 I know you hate BBB, but my DH just told me that BBB accepts BRU coupons. Just in case you needed something from there!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @chanfa good to know! I do end up there to buy from other peoples registries. I just find the store super overwhelming. There are like 6 GIANT walls of nipples I have no clue what to do with all of that. 
  • Options
    @mckcak23 We went there once to buy some stuff for my friend's baby shower with five people. We had to split up to get everything but my DH and the other guy lost our cart.

At that time we were already there for 1 hr and we were so angry that they lost our stuff!! We also spent 20 minutes trying to find the right onesies that were on the registry...  WHY ARE THERE SO MANY OPTIONS?! In the end we found the cart, no idea how it ended up on the other side of the store.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I know that you mean Buy Buy Baby by the acronyms, but will BRU accept Bed Bath & Beyond coupons?  It is under the same company as Buy Buy Baby and I know they accept each others coupons.  I need to go to BRU this afternoon to get a shower gift, so I am curious! 
    DD 1.8.14

Team Green for #2 due 7.15.16
  • Options
    @SarcasticCupcake I believe that they will. I have not tried it as I had buy buy baby coupons the last time I went to BRU, but the internet tells me that they will. 
  • Options
    mckcak23 said:
    @SarcasticCupcake I believe that they will. I have not tried it as I had buy buy baby coupons the last time I went to BRU, but the internet tells me that they will. 
    Great, thank you!  I will call and check to make sure! 
    DD 1.8.14

Team Green for #2 due 7.15.16
  • Options
    @ButterMyBiscuit I thought we were going to get snow in Wilmington but, alas, rain. 

• Options

@ButterMyBiscuit I thought we were going to get snow in Wilmington but, alas, rain. 

I'm in Winston Salem so I'm bracing for almost a foot over the next few days. Looks like you guys get stuck with rain and ice mixed in. Ew.
  • Options
    My parents and brother were supposed to go to Virginia this weekend for a football visit but it was cancelled since things are
    Going to shut down due to snow
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    I am looking forward to the snow in NYC. I won't be able to shovel this year, but I can still make snow angels right??
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    elenabrentelenabrent member
    edited January 2016
    @ButterMyBiscuit the past few winters we've gotten at least one big ice storm and some snow, so I'm still bracing myself for the big storm this year. I know some parts of the state are supposed to get slammed this weekend, so hopefully you at least get a fun amount. 

• Options
    I hate pain meds. Seriously. I think they're gross. I hate the way they make me feel. Morphine is great for surgery. But other than that, I avoid them. When they send me home with vicodin or percocet, I take as little as possible. And the idea of giving birth while feeling disgusting from the meds messing with my brain is just a NOPE from me. Also... epidural needles are scary. I prefer pain. It's not as bad as the feeling yucky. I just like to be in control of my body.

Most people choose because it is better for baby. I picked because it's better for me.

Although nothing is worse than the meds they give you to stop PTL. So... everyone keep those babies where they belong until 40 weeks.
  • Options

Based on a few blog posts and some judgey comments I've personally received, I'm assuming this is an unpopular opinion: I love China cheapies! The cloth diapering community seems to be pretty critical of this and pushes CD parents to purchase from WAHM's or US companies. As much as I'd love to be able to pay $20-$25 per diaper and get all the cute prints, ordering plain wholesale diapers from China I can get diapers for $2.46 each! I'm registered for the fancy stuff and enter giveaways daily, but the bulk of my stash will be china cheapies and I apologize for nothing! Also I like the Alva's that arrived way better than the Flip diapers or Diaper Rite diapers I've gotten so far (slowly buying sales and seconds diapers as I find good prices ~ $5).

I love this! China is where it's at!
  • Options
    edited January 2016

@elenabrent I live in Newark :)

eta: forgot to tag

Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @DeriveMyPi  I'm in Wilmington NC! Slightly warmer ;)

• Options
     @elenabrent totally did not know there were two Wilmingtons - fun fact of the day :p
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

@elenabrent totally did not know there were two Wilmingtons - fun fact of the day :p

I went to U of Delaware! (Assuming you mean Newark, DE)
  • Options
    @pinklady2015 Yes I did!! That is awesome :)  It is a nice campus, and we love main street - it helps when we live a 5 minute drive from there
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

@pinklady2015 Yes I did!! That is awesome :)  It is a nice campus, and we love main street - it helps when we live a 5 minute drive from there

I met my husband there (not sure how long you've lived there but we met at the old Italian Bistro on Kirkwood Hwy) we try and visit the campus when we go back east to visit. Can't believe how much it's changed since we graduated. I miss Iron Hill Brewery!!

• Options
    I met my husband there (not sure how long you've lived there but we met at the old Italian Bistro on Kirkwood Hwy) we try and visit the campus when we go back east to visit. Can't believe how much it's changed since we graduated. I miss Iron Hill Brewery!!

That is so awesome!  I have only been in delaware for about 2 years now - my fiance has been here his whole life.  Have you found that the campus has changed a lot?  Most i talk to say it is always strange going back.  We actually got engaged at the Iron Hill on main street!  We love that place too :)
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mamabish it's going to happen either way. Let us have our fun.
  • Options
    I cannot stand when people immediately get an attitude with people trying to correct their oversight and blame their post on being new...
  • Options
    HMcDade1 said:

I cannot stand when people immediately get an attitude with people trying to correct their oversight and blame their post on being new...

I don't think this unpopular, lol
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    @MamaBish I was running with the theme... Unpopular for those who do it maybe ? Lol
  • Options
    elldel said:
    I am irrationally pissed that this blizzard isn't supposed to hit Philly until Saturday. I could use a couple snow days!
    My co-workers and I were just whining about that. We usually get "optional" snow days, though.  Like "You can leave early if the snow will affect your commute." But everyone knows I take SEPTA, who for some reason usually seems to have their ish together, so I never get to leave early. :( 
  • Options
    My parents and brother were supposed to go to Virginia this weekend for a football visit but it was cancelled since things are Going to shut down due to snow
    My parents are headed to VA this weekend, too!  They're supposed to help my sister's family move.  They're still planning to go, numbnuts. 
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    marowan said:

My parents and brother were supposed to go to Virginia this weekend for a football visit but it was cancelled since things are
    Going to shut down due to snow

My parents are headed to VA this weekend, too!  They're supposed to help my sister's family move.  They're still planning to go, numbnuts. 

Qbf?

Haha! Numb nuts, indeed.