Pregnant after a Loss

Did you get pregnant again before negative HCG?

PompomlovePompomlove member
edited January 2016 in Pregnant after a Loss
Hi all,

I was hoping to get some advice and your experience but before I do, just a little bit about me. We had a MMC discovered at 12w4d. Baby was measuring around 9w lost due to PMP (partial molar). My HCGs have tracked as follows:

Week 1 - 350 approx at time of D&C
Week 3 - 71
Week 4 - 37
Week 5 - 20
Week 6 - 10
Week 7 - 9
Week 8 - 6

My question really is; how did you HCG track during the TWW when you got your BFP?

I'm wondering if I've had a CP or if there is a possibility I could be pregnant in spite of continued drops.

I know this is stupid but I have had every symptom in the "TWW symptom spotters handbook". I'd convinced myself I had to be. I'm approx CD21 8DPO.

I'm too ashamed and emo to talk to my OB about this because of the PMP. We're benched due to PMP but had one booze induced lapse.

Thanks for reading. I hope I can get some of your experiences.

Xo

Edit... post title. I'm not having a good day!

Re: Did you get pregnant again before negative HCG?

• This sounds completely normal. I had leftover hcg for two months after my d&e. I also got pregnancy symptoms for several cycles. Many other women told me they experienced the same thing. Oddly enough, the first cycle that I DIDN'T have symptoms, I had a chemical pregnancy. Several cycles after that, I had symptoms again that resulted in my current pregnancy.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Your levels look normal - everyone is different. Mine were at 11 at the middle of my TWW and I was pregnant by 9dpo. Hang tight, your body is where it should be.
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for sharing ladies congrats on your current BFP's!

I was saying to DH I used know my body so well and now I have no clue! I don't even know if or when I O'd.

Were either of you on weekly betas during your BFP?

If yes, did you happen to still see a drop before implantation? I was talking to a nurse who said it would be highly unlikely as the blastocyst releases HCG BEFORE implantation... I had read that a while ago but was under the impression it was next to nothing.

Thanks again. And I know I could just wait until my next beta but I'd love to have some wine guilt free at my SIL birthday dinner and I'm crearly a paranoid crazy person at the moment. LOL.

Thanks again.
  • My d&e was in April and my current pregnancy was conceived in November, so no betas. But I do suggest temping. That will let you know what's happening in your body. And I say have the wine. Nothing you have said suggests to me that you are pregnant at this time. I hope it happens for you soon, though.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• I had my last beta only 4 days before finding out I was pregnant. I don't think it's impossible but I was told by my OB my HCG levels wouldn't rise until AFTER implantation. Still, I would have the wine. If you don't know when you ovulated, it seems kind of strange to think you're pregnant or suspect your TWW has started.
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• After my miscarriage my levels got down to 7 (<5 is considered zero) and doctor told me it was impossible to get pregnant until I was below 5. Even when I was that close. Well I did and I'm now 15 weeks with a healthy little girl.
  • Yeah it's all so confusing, isn't it?! Congrats on your BFP! We DTD in what should have been my fertile period pre MC and I was around 10 HCG. I'm currently 1 day late but I think I ovulated about 5 days ago so late for my normal cycle. I'm not temping but will take the advice given and get that started ASAP. It's been super unlikely I was pregnant this whole cycle and we weren't TTC so all prepped for a BFN call tomorrow. Hopefully I will be HCG negative as some good news!!

Thanks everyone for the input.
  • Just to add for those who are reading and don't know...  a loss for any reason is devastating but to the OP..  you really are NOT supposed to get pregnant even after a partial molar pregnancy for 12 months. 
    It's not just because docs want to make u wait.... but you and baby could seriously die from it. A molar pregnancy acts almost like a cancer to your body.... best of luck and please follow the docs orders....
  • @mamaroni thanks for your concern. Thankfully I'm not pregnant and all the symptoms were Obviously still my body returning to normal after my MC. I did finally get my period, 9 days late and am finally at negative. I understand your reason to post your advice here, the Internet is full of people taking liberties with their health and posting incorrect advice to others. I will be taking the advice from my OB. For the record I've been cleared now to TTC after my negative as my ovulation will likely follow 3 consecutive weeks at negative (all going well!). This is my experience and my doctors care plan for me. 
  • Stay healthy!  And positive