July 2016 Moms
Options

Twatwaffle Tuesday

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm going to say pregnancy brain is the twatwaffle as well. Put my work laptop next to purse to head to work like every day. Brought purse, left laptop, didn't even notice until I sat down at my desk to get booted up. 2 hours worth of commuting later... weeeeeeeeeeee
  • Options
    jwittwerjwittwer member
    edited January 2016
    The twatwaffle I'm dealing with is the current Staff assigned to work on my engagement. I seriously cannot comprehend his incompetence. He's driving me bat shit crazy. Seriously. I gave him things LAST WEEK to add to the file. None of his areas is as far as I was under the impression that they were. I don't know what his deal is, but he better get his act together... and quickly. All I keep thinking to myself is, he's not going to be very happy with the review I write him. 

Ugh. I feel like such a jerk for even writing this out, but I seriously can't take him or his lack of work anymore this week. Going to be putting in 13+ hour days to make sure everything is done by the time we file. 

ETA: gif

July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• Options
    @Nerdchild I feel you, try living in Baltimore during the Freddie Gray trials. I am avoiding anything near the court system until further notice...
  • Options
    Also my twatwaffle has to do with damn snow storm too, I am not prepared to sleep over night on a hospital cot being pregnant. Nor do I feel like dealing with 2+ feet of snow. Can it be spring please ?
  • Options
    I'll nominate myself for watching Homeland without DH. (we're trying to catch up in Season 4 right now) He travels all.the.time. for work and I just couldn't wait. I shouldn't have told him and just rewatched the damn episode with him.
  • Options
    @jwittwer You just described the last 4 years of my experience in public accounting. I know the feeling, and it sucks... totally twatwaffle-worthy, IMO! I bet he thinks he's doing a fine job, too. Makes those reviews all the more fun to give.

My twatwaffle is whatever thermostat that controls the temperature in my office... my nail beds are BLUE. I bit the bullet and drove to Walgreens during lunch and bought their last space heater. Take that!
  • Options
    These old friends of my husband and I are twatwaffles. They were the people who constantly complained about kids and how much they hated them. They would post things on facebook about how thankful they were that they never had them. Even after we had our son, this continued. Of course, they would say that he was the exception but that's just shit. We grew apart because I could not stand to hear it anymore. Like, I get it, other people's kids can be terrible, smelly creatures but can you keep that shit to yourself?
    So, now, they're dating people with kids and SUDDENLY kids are these amazing little people. They actually seemed offended that they found out through our facebook announcement last night. Why would they think we would share our joy with them when they hate children SO much? Does. Not. Compute.
  • Options
    My best friend's other friend and his wife. They have two toddlers. And she's expecting identical twin boys.

That'd be awesome on anyone else. But they live in 1 bdrm trailer with no bathroom on her mom's property. Neither has a job. And they're terrible parents. The kids are always disgusting... dirty and smelly. Nobody cleans house. Every time I've seen them, they've been barefoot. Apparently they don't have shoes.

It's so not fair to these kids.
  • Options
    The Twatwaffles are my BIL and his wife. She and I used to be friends but after years of underhanded crap (mainly, ongoing drug use by BIL that I was aware of and she was not) we had a falling out this summer. Fast-forward to now... BIL calls DH and says, "Don't tell joleri23 but me and wifey are going to have a date night away from our LO and do molly."

First of all, I do not approve of illegal drug use, especially when BIL has demonstrated a real problem for the past oh... FIFTEEN YEARS. I mean, what is her mentality? "If I can't beat him, I might as well join him?"

Second of all, why are you telling DH not to tell me? What the bleep does it matter? I don't talk to either of these people anymore. You really expect DH to keep secrets from me?

Twatwaffles.
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    My pregnancy dreams are a TW. I am afraid to sleep because they have been so vivid and awful.
  • Options

My best friend's other friend and his wife. They have two toddlers. And she's expecting identical twin boys.

That'd be awesome on anyone else. But they live in 1 bdrm trailer with no bathroom on her mom's property. Neither has a job. And they're terrible parents. The kids are always disgusting... dirty and smelly. Nobody cleans house. Every time I've seen them, they've been barefoot. Apparently they don't have shoes.

It's so not fair to these kids.

That's awful. Is it bad to say I wouldn't hesitate to call child protective services?
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    This weather. I live in the South for a reason. It was so cold this morning that the padlock on the chicken run wouldn't open and my fingers went numb trying to get it open. My poor chickens were so pissed I couldn't let them out and I couldn't get to their frozen solid water until the lock thawed. 

Also, my head cold. 

• Options
    Taymiller said:

My pregnancy dreams are a TW. I am afraid to sleep because they have been so vivid and awful.

Hugs! This sucks.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    This bump app, half the time it won't let me log on and when I am able to nothing loads properly...
  • Options
    My fiancé. I have not been enjoying pregnancy sex whatsoever. It just feels weird. He usually is very understanding and is great about it. But he comes home from his bachelor party and tells me last night he wants to go 7 for 7. Uh what?
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My twatwaffle today is my husband.
    ***trigger warning***

We had to put down my dog today (the only dog that's ever been mine that I got from a shelter in college who got me thru losing my parents and moving to the middle of nowhere when I got married). She got hurt on the farm and while it was an accident, it was completely his fault.
  • Options
    @TattoosandLace I am so sorry!! Thinking of you ::hugs::
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    crixiegirlcrixiegirl member
    edited January 2016
    @TattoosandLace So sorry to hear about that :( sending hugs

@derivemypi ... totally feel you on that one. I have basically said NO for the last 8 weeks or so.. sorry dude.. I'm way too uncomfortable for this crap and not in the mood
  • Options
    @TattoosandLace OMG I'm sorry. I can't imagine. Thinking of you!
  • Options
  • Options
    @TattoosandLace I am so very sorry for your loss!! That's awful!
  • Options
    @TattoosandLace I am so so sorry for your loss. We love them so fiercely and it hurts so badly to lose them. She's over the rainbow bridge with all of the other lovely animals waiting for us.
  • Options
    @TattoosandLace - I am so sorry
  • Options
    @TattoosandLace oh god. That is awful. I am so sorry.
    DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    @TattoosandLace  I'm very sorry to hear that. *hugs*
  • Options
    @TattoosandLace I'm so sorry you have to go through this. It's always really hard to deal with, no matter the circumstances.
  • Options
    @TattoosandLace I am so sorry to hear that....noncreepy internet hugs
  • Options
    @TattoosandLace oh I am so very sorry to hear this!
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @TattoosandLace I'm so sorry, that's awful. :(
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @TattoosandLace I'm so sorry for your loss :(

My whole Tuesday was a twatwaffle. Due to something I cannot discuss my whole department will have to work overtime for the next two weeks and I'm feeling extremely emotional about it. I'm also feeling guilty because this is a tragedy so I need to step up but I'm so exhausted and I don't want to work 12 hour days. Lots of emotions :(

ETA - the thing that happened was a tragedy, not having to work more.
    Me: 33  DH: 31
    Married: 8/9/2010
    3 Furbabies - Kumo, Mal, and Lynx!
    Started TTC August 2014
    BFP #1 - 12/16/14 EDD 8/22/15 - MMC and D&C 1/23/15
    BFP #2 - 7/10/15 EDD 3/20/16- chemical pregnancy, ended 7/16/15
    BFP #3 - 11/12/15 EDD 7/21/16 - wishing and hoping for a sticky little bean!

July'16 BMB May Siggy Challenge - Star Wars:

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    I have zero patience for people today. Mainly stupid people and my nagging husband and I've been trying to hold it together all freaking day when all I want is a glass of wine some
    Fruit snacks and freakin professional
    Massage but I'm stuck doing an 11 hour day doing work even when I got home eating chicken soup and none of the things I want.

And I am an anxious wreck which makes me more angry because I am the person that annoys me I know in my head this kid is okay but when the ms dropped down I feel like a crazy who is constantly wondering if everything is alright.

Someone hit me in the face and make me normal again!!!!! Agh!!!!!
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @TattoosandLace I'm so sorry! That's awful.
  • Options
    @TattoosandLace I'm so sorry for your loss. There is no easy way to lose a member of your family.
  • Options
    @TattoosandLace I am so incredibly sorry for your loss, I cannot even imagine that pain. Lots of hugs sent your way!