April 2016 Moms

BF Monday 1/18

Re: BF Monday 1/18

• @NOLA520 I actually have done steel cut oats in the crockpot, it was good! Two problems with that method high: 1) I have to have the forethought to do it and 2) We only own a large crockpot which would burn the oats, I have to borrow a smaller one from my neighbor to not mess it up.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Knottie9983816  I feel like you are in Florida but I can't remember exactly which area. The Mayo clinic in Jax (if you're close enough) sometimes does Research studies on Depression along with many other indicators. It may be worth checking into. I'm not sure if it's you or your Fiance who doesn't have insurance (or both) but I work for a Research Facility in Atlanta and we pay our participants for their time and travel and we also provide them with the medication at no charge. There *may* be a study going on right now for Pregnant Women. Or even for Postpartum treatment. We've got one starting up soon for Severe PPD.

Here is the link for the Mayo clinic if you're near Jacksonville.
    https://www.mayo.edu/research/clinical-trials
  • Loading the player...

• @NOLA520 I actually have done steel cut oats in the crockpot, it was good! Two problems with that method high: 1) I have to have the forethought to do it and 2) We only own a large crockpot which would burn the oats, I have to borrow a smaller one from my neighbor to not mess it up.
    Have you tried overnight oats? OMG delicious. Plus, no mush consistency.
  • yodiggity said:

@Knottie9983816  I feel like you are in Florida but I can't remember exactly which area. The Mayo clinic in Jax (if you're close enough) sometimes does Research studies on Depression along with many other indicators. It may be worth checking into. I'm not sure if it's you or your Fiance who doesn't have insurance (or both) but I work for a Research Facility in Atlanta and we pay our participants for their time and travel and we also provide them with the medication at no charge. There *may* be a study going on right now for Pregnant Women. Or even for Postpartum treatment. We've got one starting up soon for Severe PPD.

Here is the link for the Mayo clinic if you're near Jacksonville.
    https://www.mayo.edu/research/clinical-trials

I'm about three hours south of Jacksonville. And no, I don't have insurance, just pregnancy Medicaid. Might look into that with Shands in Gainesville though... It's only an hour away.
  • Just read on my newsfeed there was another cold-related death where a young woman froze to death walking home from a party. That's the second one in a week, cold temperatures and alcohol were a factor. Last week, my cousin's SO died of the same thing. I hope to not see anymore deaths like that in the news coming from our area anymore.

Also, I have another cousin whose husband just got his CDL and is training as an OTR truck driver out of state and he puts on his news feed that he was involved in a fatal accident yesterday. He said 1 fatality and 2 critically injured. The semi was in the process of pulling to the side of the road due to engine failure and the car didn't see the flashing lights and rear ended the semi at high speed.

I have no idea what I'm feeling with all these deaths I'm hearing about, but it's not right. Not to mention all those celebrities who have died to cancer within a week of each other. Hard to see past those things right now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Ugh, I failed my 1 hour GTT. Now I have to take Friday off for a 3 hour since I don't work near my OB's office and driving 45min back to work at 12/12:30 seems like a waste. Either that or I go into work early Tuesday-Thursday and then work like 1-6 Friday. It's already a short week and I have a bunch of important experiments to do so I'm sure my boss is going to be thrilled if I take the day off. Sometimes I feel like I can't catch a break this pregnancy

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AmadorRose - I actually loooooooove bad coffee. Folgers makes me just as happy as the fancy stuff. My only problem is that I have quite honestly no clue which coffee thinger to put it in, or in what quantity, or with how much water. I'd text my husband for instructions, but I think his head might explode if I confessed that I actually plan on drinking it (I think it may have been a gag gift to him at some point).

At least a Dr. Pepper addiction only requires me to open bottles and cans... I think I might be willing to make that trade with you!
  • My BFM goes out to my husband and his annoying baby name suggestions. DD1 and 2 have first names that begin with the same letter. DH wants to continue that "theme", but with weird, made up sounding names, to which I have clearly opposed. Just stop it!!!
    Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• NOLA520 said:
    @NOLA520 I actually have done steel cut oats in the crockpot, it was good! Two problems with that method high: 1) I have to have the forethought to do it and 2) We only own a large crockpot which would burn the oats, I have to borrow a smaller one from my neighbor to not mess it up.
    Ohhhh, bummer. I need to get a programmable one so I can make that recipe and not worry about oversleeping. I'm not getting up after 6 hours to check the oats and turn it off if necessary haha.
    Baked Oatmeal cups! They tend to stick to the liners, so I would either use silicone or just spray the crap out of your pan, but I loved having these on hand to eat in the car/ on the bus during college. https://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/personal-sized-baked-oatmeal-with-individual-toppings-gluten-free-diabetic-friendly/
    Anniversary 
  • @rebelone I've been dealing with a family car accident too. My grandparents were driving at night and hit a pedestrian, who ended up pushing another pedestrian out of the way... The person hit by the car is ok, but the other person died in the hospital a little after the accident... They're still investigating, so I'm not 100% on the details or how legitimate they are.

Death always seems to hit me the hardest during pregnancy... Even if I don't know the person. That may be what you are experiencing too.

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @AGK2015 I had to put on real pants today just to go to the store to get "his crack" because he just can't function without it. At least he doesn't drink my coffee!
  • rebelone said:

Just read on my newsfeed there was another cold-related death where a young woman froze to death walking home from a party. That's the second one in a week, cold temperatures and alcohol were a factor. Last week, my cousin's SO died of the same thing. I hope to not see anymore deaths like that in the news coming from our area anymore.

Also, I have another cousin whose husband just got his CDL and is training as an OTR truck driver out of state and he puts on his news feed that he was involved in a fatal accident yesterday. He said 1 fatality and 2 critically injured. The semi was in the process of pulling to the side of the road due to engine failure and the car didn't see the flashing lights and rear ended the semi at high speed.

I have no idea what I'm feeling with all these deaths I'm hearing about, but it's not right. Not to mention all those celebrities who have died to cancer within a week of each other. Hard to see past those things right now.

Yikes, that's all so sad.

The woman you were talking about, I think that's the same one that I saw on the news last night.  Her mom drove into town and saw the yellow tape up in the same area the woman was in and that's how she learned of what happened (same one?).  I think they said drugs were involved too.

• Between hubby having to work every Sat and then some random family thing/invite I feel like a haven't been able to get things done that we need to. Finding baby stuff in the loft of the shed, some projects around the house, just have quality family time.

So dh hubby is coming up and I was looking for something for us to do, blue man group, concert, monster jam. Hubby said he rather just have a couple friends over and relax. Save the money to do something as a family like Disney on ice at the end of February :) even with it being all princess stories. Made me so happy to hear that from him.
  • Jules08 said:

BFM self: Yes self, I know that we've done this before and you are just on top of things; however, we still have 12.5 weeks to go.  The hip pain, the pelvic pain, could you just not?  I mean, I really don't enjoy the feeling that someone has been using my legs as a wishbone trying to pull them apart.</blockquote

@Jules08 this might be the most accurate description I've ever heard!!

Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• Currently sitting on the side of the freeway under an underpass because DH tired popped while driving :'(
  • Currently sitting on the side of the freeway under an underpass because DH tired popped while driving :'(

Omg your luck with cars!!!

I seriously quit haha

I seriously quit haha
    Just go home and curl up with a warm drink. Throw in the towel on today and start over tomorrow.

I seriously quit haha
    Just go home and curl up with a warm drink. Throw in the towel on today and start over tomorrow.
    I will once this mess is over! Currently waiting for our friend to come with AAA. I've been telling DH for two years now we need them since something is always happening and he always said no unnecessary. Well he just leaned over to me on the hill we are sitting on and says "I think we need to invest in AAA"

#noshitsherlock
  • Screw you, teenage girl who messed up my order, and when I corrected you, you said 'oh yea it's that' and then it wasn't.

You suck! Sincerely, pregnant and hungry.
  • Mine goes to DH for waking me up to complain that he's hungry and apparently not capable of thinking up something for lunch. When I finally agree to wake up we decide we really need to clean the apartment and do the laundry only to have him fall asleep before eating and leaving me alone with the cleaning. And for his consumption of Coca Cola. I hate it just as much as I hate his smoking. I can live with a cup of Coke when we go to Mcdonalds every now and then, but not for every single meal. I have failed so many times trying to break that habit of his.

Oh and oatmeal is the best. With milk, with yogurt and fruit, as porridge on the stove or in the microwave (I only do that when I'm in a hurry) and in smoothies. It has to be the coarse kind though. Yum. Now I'm craving oatmeal.

Oh no! :( that happened to me two years ago 5 am on the highway with DH and our friends which resulted in me having a full blown panic attack. Ugh, please take care of yourself <3

• No leggings, tights, ruffle dresses, or flowery patterns. This is what DH has said about LOs clothes. WTF? He's had 2 boys...I get he isn't used to the idea of what girls wear. But seriously?! I will be taking him to a few stores this week to let him look through the baby girls sections to realize what is out there. He says jeans are fine...but we will be cloth diapering and they don't fit well in jeans...plus, baby's in jeans isn't practical! He's crazy and I'm gonna snap. Gimme the onesies and baby leg warmers all day!

imageimage
  • No leggings, tights, ruffle dresses, or flowery patterns. This is what DH has said about LOs clothes. WTF? He's had 2 boys...I get he isn't used to the idea of what girls wear. But seriously?! I will be taking him to a few stores this week to let him look through the baby girls sections to realize what is out there. He says jeans are fine...but we will be cloth diapering and they don't fit well in jeans...plus, baby's in jeans isn't practical! He's crazy and I'm gonna snap. Gimme the onesies and baby leg warmers all day!

Sounds like he gets to do all of the shopping and changing! Win win!
  • I posted my BMF in FFFC on Sunday morning so all I have to say today is UGH winter and UGH work tomorrow. Between in laws and working most of this holiday weekend I feel like I never got a real weekend and I'm exhausted. Not to mention near-constant heartburn has officially started. Yay!

• Adding another, since my last was from this morning...this is also on food :p We had a fire out back tonight since Florida is getting legit cold (in the 30°s tonight, I know not near as bad as some of you guys have it, but no one can argue that isn't chilly!!) and we were making s'mores. I made mine, then set it on the fire ring block since DD asked for more graham crackers. In the 5 seconds it took me to pull out two crackers for her, literally head turned even less than 5 seconds, my stupid dog ate my entire s'more! In like, two gulps :/ She was able to contain herself yesterday when DD left a plate of pancakes on the floor for 10 minutes, but there is no stopping her when it comes to marshmallows :s My delicious s'more... :'(

Hahahahaha! Omg I'm so sorry...

No leggings? What is this madness?!

DD dislikes jeans and requests "soft pants" (leggings) or dresses almost every day. Also, jeans are about 4x more expensive than leggings, especially the adjustable waist ones (which are the only ones that fit properly).
    kids with flags
  • @briterfly84 They make boy leggings, so why not girls? DS is tall and thin, so most brands of jeans do not work for him. The pants (pretty much baby/toddler leggings) they sell in the outfit packs work great because they have an elastic waistband. You can always do some fun leggings with a neutral t-shirt.

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• DH is just not used to girly things.  It drives him crazy that my ex sends 5yr old DD back to us in leggings & a shirt that doesn't cover the bubble butt she has going on.  He says his biggest issue is that baby girls get dressed like dolls and barbies and he doesn't like that (which I get, to an extent).  I am just hoping his heart melts when she is born and he opens is eyes to the world of little girl clothes! Honestly, he doesn't have much to worry about...I am not a frilly gal, and prefer to wear simple black shirts with jeans.  It was just funny how he gave me a list of those things as I went through DD's old clothes this weekend!

imageimage
  • @yodiggity ...I would have eaten it too. And believe me, if that s'more had not disappeared so quickly into the black hole that is my dog's mouth, I would have eaten that sucker.

And now I want crab ragoons.
  • @yodiggity ...I would have eaten it too. And believe me, if that s'more had not disappeared so quickly into the black hole that is my dog's mouth, I would have eaten that sucker.

And now I want crab ragoons.

Fried crab rangoons were my only craving with DD. DS apparently wants soft pretzels. Apparently my kids like things that are hard to make at home.
    Anniversary 
  • @mrstrax We have had soft pretzels with cheese the past two nights as our nighttime snack (I need a snack every night or I wake up feeling nauseous from the length of time between eating). Sunday it was soft pretzel bites filled with cheese that we bought in bulk at Sam's Club. Last night it was Cole's pub cheese filled pretzel sticks. Yum. YUM.
  • @mrstrax We have had soft pretzels with cheese the past two nights as our nighttime snack (I need a snack every night or I wake up feeling nauseous from the length of time between eating). Sunday it was soft pretzel bites filled with cheese that we bought in bulk at Sam's Club. Last night it was Cole's pub cheese filled pretzel sticks. Yum. YUM.

Haha - I have the frozen "super pretzels" for snacks right now. Not quite the same as fresh, but it's holding me over :)
    Anniversary 
  • @mrstrax ughh..I had managed to push aside this craving, because the closest place to get a decent soft pretzel around here is about 30 minutes away! Now I'm debating if I can make it on my lunch hour to get one...I'm thinking one regular with salt and one of the cinnamon sugar ones.
  • Adding another, since my last was from this morning...this is also on food :p We had a fire out back tonight since Florida is getting legit cold (in the 30°s tonight, I know not near as bad as some of you guys have it, but no one can argue that isn't chilly!!) and we were making s'mores. I made mine, then set it on the fire ring block since DD asked for more graham crackers. In the 5 seconds it took me to pull out two crackers for her, literally head turned even less than 5 seconds, my stupid dog ate my entire s'more! In like, two gulps :/ She was able to contain herself yesterday when DD left a plate of pancakes on the floor for 10 minutes, but there is no stopping her when it comes to marshmallows :s My delicious s'more... :'(

When you are used to warmer temps, 30's certainly feel chilly!  When we go from summer (80's & 90's with higher heat indexes) to 30's and 40's in the fall, it IS cold.  Now when we go from -30's to 30's that feels warm.  It's all relative!

Also, YUM s'mores!

• @Jules08 Sometimes I feel like a bad native northerner when I get cold here! Honestly the temps outside right now feel great, and while its chilly, I'm definitely not complaining the way my Florida born students are! It I felt it was truly "cold" the way my students do, I wouldn't have been outside for a fire :) Also, DD is hot blooded like her daddy so this "cold snap" isn't fazing her a bit!