July 2016 Moms
Options

2nd Trimester Woes

Hey all!

So I'm about to start week 16 over here, which means I'm a few weeks into my 2nd trimester, but I am just feeling so down all the time! First of all, I can't sleep, which according to some of my mommy friends is completely normal. Other than that, I just have no desire or energy to do much of anything these days. It really stinks, since I was hoping all of the sleepies from the first trimester would be over by now, but I'm starting to feel helpless!

Has anyone else been feeling this way? I have an OB checkup this week, so maybe I can find some answers about my sleeping habits. Am I the only one over here?!

Re: 2nd Trimester Woes

• Options
    Right there with you :( I have spoken to my doctor about insomnia and right now we are trailing some different prenatal vitamins to see if that is what is keeping me awake. Before I was pregnant I had trouble with daily vitamins keeping me wide awake (I didn't sleep a wink for 2 weeks). Praying for some answers because I am going to lose it if I don't get some sleep soon! Hang in there! Hopefully some motivations and Zzz's are headed our way! ;)
  • Options
    Completely normal, I've found since hitting 2nd trimester my emotions are running a muck and I'm less motivated. I also have to pee around 3-4am now and after that takes forever to fall asleep. Talk to your doctor.

Me: 30, DH: 31

Married: May 16th 2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Talk to you doctor for sure, it could be depression. But then again it very well could just be pregnancy. I know with my first I never go that second trimester energy boost. I slept allll the time but then had trouble staying asleep for very long. And obviously as I post this at 2:15am insomnia is very common.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! As you know, it's incredibly frustrating... I'm glad I'm not going through this alone though! Best wishes to you all♡
  • Options
    I've traded morning sickness for constant congestion and headaches and these combined keep me up. Add in how dry everything is and I wake up gasping for water because my throat feels like sandpaper. During the day I feel much better than I did in my first trimester but at almost 17 weeks tomorrow I'm not sure at night its much of an improvement.
  • Options
    Yep, normal. Pregnancy isn't as amazing as they portray it on tv.
    TTC #2: 12/2012
    Back to our beloved RE 10/2013
    BFP #5 3/5/14
    Beta 1: 47. Beta 2: 87. Beta 3: 482!

Baby CCH v2.0 due 11.14.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm only 12w2d, but I have traded morning sickness for headaches and extreme fatigue. I'd really take just about any symptom over nausea, though, so yay!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    I agree with @jlgriff11 my days are much better, but nights are awful. Can't fall asleep, can't stay asleep, and if I don't get enough sleep or water I get terrible headaches. If I feel even a little dehydrated though, I try to step up water intake and then literally see 20+ times in one day-which does stop sleep. I'm sure I also have a touch of depression going on, but that wouldn't explain most of this.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker