2nd Trimester

New private group

stillcozystillcozy member
edited January 2016 in 2nd Trimester
We all need an outlet when we get annoyed with our bmbs message me or comment here if you would be interested in a private environment to do this

Eta: not just bmb venting but when you can't keep it pg and need to let out that frustration
April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

Re: New private group

• Ha our board is pretty good but I'm don't know good question

• Loading the player...
  • Actually I love my board but in lurking in others there seems to be a need for a group to be able to freely vent basically about anything not just bmb and I just have put it out there like that because I can see where you are coming from. It's nice though to be able to just get stuff off your chest in a more private setting.

• Id love to be a part of that type of board. I feel like a more judgment free zone would be welcoming
    ~* Met Husband: July 26, 2009 <3Said Yes: July 26, 2010 <3Married:  September 10, 2011 <3Baby Due: June 17, 2016 *~

• Not just about bmb about anything

• This is was one of those ideas that sounded really good while on a bunch of dr approved cold medicine yesterday and then woke up today realizing it's a really stupid idea ;)

I'd be willing to turn this into a gif party thread if people would like!

• ....um wut?

I second what @kyraaD said.
  • Not just about bmb about anything

I'm not trying to be mean but don't you have IRL friends for that?
  • I did say it was bad idea...

• Id love to be a part of that type of board. I feel like a more judgment free zone would be welcoming

It's quite clear you aren't happy here on TB so why do you stay? I mean that sincerely.

Unfortunately whether it's the internet or real life, you are always going to have people that disagree with you and that's not called judging, it's called a discussion.

• NerdchildNerdchild member
    edited January 2016
    @Lindsayleigh1989 and I are part of the same bmb, and every once in a blue moon we get someone totally batty that just trololo's all over the place, then gets really defensive and report happy if we use anything stronger than playground words. We had one of our Monday B****fest shut down because someone compained about the use of an adult word in the thread name. We've also had people send threatening pm's or post really hateful things on people's walls.

Now, our bmb is not the rainbows and unicorns type, and most people can handle the criticism, but when you post something like 'omg I'm crying because I have to kill my aggressive dog' and then whine because people suggest going through a rescue and why-would-you-put-this-on-board-full-of-hormonal-pregnant-women?!, you wish you had a space where you can talk to your group of regulars about how blanking crazy someone is being without having to toddler-proof your language or annoy your 'irl friends' who don't care what some anonymous screenname said because, quite frankly, those friends are already sick of you talking about your pregnancy.

BUT....If you don't like the idea no one is forcing you to join. No harm, no foul.

Eta: I can see how confusing an invite on this board (where we might not all be as familiar with one another as on our own bmb) would be.
  • I like the boards especially to talk anout pregnancy symptoms and what everyone does for relief from them. That has been very helpful for me. I have the type of attitude that people can choose to do what they want and i support their decisions whether its something i agree with or not bc it's what they want to do
    ~* Met Husband: July 26, 2009 <3Said Yes: July 26, 2010 <3Married:  September 10, 2011 <3Baby Due: June 17, 2016 *~

edited January 2016

I like the boards especially to talk anout pregnancy symptoms and what everyone does for relief from them. That has been very helpful for me. I have the type of attitude that people can choose to do what they want and i support their decisions whether its something i agree with or not bc it's what they want to do

I absolutely agree that people can do what they want but what is the point of these boards if everyone is always agreeing and never giving a different or unique perspective on a topic?

Only you can choose to take offense to something being said because often times that isn't the intention but hey, it's the internet. You never know what you're going to get.

Qbf

The second half of your post was said in a Smokey the Bear voice in my head. I'm also picturing Dolly in a drill sergeant hat, so thanks for that mental image, it's pretty great.
  • Nerdchild said:
    I like the boards especially to talk anout pregnancy symptoms and what everyone does for relief from them. That has been very helpful for me. I have the type of attitude that people can choose to do what they want and i support their decisions whether its something i agree with or not bc it's what they want to do

I absolutely agree that people can do what they want but what is the point of these boards if everyone is always agreeing and never giving a different or unique perspective on a topic?

Only you can choose to take offense to something being said because often times that isn't the intention but hey, it's the internet. You never know what you're going to get.

Qbf The second half of your post was said in a Smokey the Bear voice in my head. I'm also picturing Dolly in a drill sergeant hat, so thanks for that mental image, it's pretty great.
    Dude, YES!
  • Ha I also read that like smokey! People are not going to always love your ideas or support your views and for the record that doesn't make them "bullies" or just rude or mean it makes them honest. And if we are going to be parents it's time to pull up the big girl panties and grow a thicker skin.

• Nerdchild said:

Ha I also read that like smokey! People are not going to always love your ideas or support your views and for the record that doesn't make them "bullies" or just rude or mean it makes them honest. And if we are going to be parents it's time to pull up the big girl panties and grow a thicker skin.

Who was it in our bmb who suggested the VS semi-annual sale for all of our big girl panty needs? Lol
    I believe it was @thebigoaktree ! Still one of my favorite responses made thus far on our board!

• Completely agree. It is the internet and u never kno what ur gonna end up with. I enjoy the boards and mostly just read but i do enjoy posting every so often

• Nerdchild said:
    Ha I also read that like smokey! People are not going to always love your ideas or support your views and for the record that doesn't make them "bullies" or just rude or mean it makes them honest. And if we are going to be parents it's time to pull up the big girl panties and grow a thicker skin.
    Who was it in our bmb who suggested the VS semi-annual sale for all of our big girl panty needs? Lol
    I don't know how "big" you girls are, but I bought some cute panties at Lane Bryant and they fit over my bump really well. Ok..not "over" but they stay up on my bump instead of rolling under like my VS panties do. They only go up to hipbones.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @DrillSergeantCat TMI but I've been commando whenever possible. I'm not bumping out yet, but anything that sits right above my pelvis is just annoying and uncomfortable!
  • @DrillSergeantCat, looove LB panties. And they dont roll!! Some are really cute too!! Check retail me not for coupons. I found a 15% off in store which was a nice bonus

• @Nerdchild just don't pull a fat Amy ;)

• Clearly some ladies missed the sale. 

Umm... My panties fit just fine and I don't need new ones. Thanks!

In other news and reference to other posts I've seen, I'm seriously confused as to who these people that posters are claiming need to put on big girl panties are. No one said to not start a "private group." Some of us just don't want to be a part of it and stated our reasons why we don't want be a part of one. I hear a lot of claims about the acceptance of hearing conflicting views. Some of those exact same people want to hide and whine "judegement free." Making a new group to hide and whine is not the action of someone in "big girl panties" or someone that's open to criticism and discussion. I'm not hiding my views or thoughts in private so I stated my opinion. I sure hope you're not including people who don't like the idea of this private group in the category of needing big girl panties.

Also, the problems mentioned on said BMB don't just happen there. It happens on a lot of bmb's and most of the people on TB aren't the rainbows and unicorns type, so I fail to see that as a reasonable need for a new group.

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Clearly some ladies missed the sale. 

Umm... My panties fit just fine and I don't need new ones. Thanks!

In other news and reference to other posts I've seen, I'm seriously confused as to who these people that posters are claiming need to put on big girl panties are. No one said to not start a "private group." Some of us just don't want to be a part of it and stated our reasons why we don't want be a part of one. I hear a lot of claims about the acceptance of hearing conflicting views. Some of those exact same people want to hide and whine "judegement free." Making a new group to hide and whine is not the action of someone in "big girl panties" or someone that's open to criticism and discussion. I'm not hiding my views or thoughts in private so I stated my opinion. I sure hope you're not including people who don't like the idea of this private group in the category of needing big girl panties.

Also, the problems mentioned on said BMB don't just happen there. It happens on a lot of bmb's and most of the people on TB aren't the rainbows and unicorns type, so I fail to see that as a reasonable need for a new group.
    Me sigh... None of this was to you! If you had read the thread you would have seen this... It was in agreement to what bigboobsmcgee had said about how people seem to expect everyone To agree with them and then take all sorts of offense when people don't...

• I was referring to multiple posts by someone else whining constantly about how people are "rude" but is now joining in on the people need to put on their big girl panties commentary.

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Let's all not wear panties, be like Fat Amy and let it all hang out. Judgement be damned.

Oh. My bad. I said a naughty word!

Death to panties.
  • I was referring to multiple posts by someone else whining constantly about how people are "rude" but is now joining in on the people need to put on their big girl panties commentary.

I suggest tagging said person then since it was not obvious to me who you were referring to and just because she is in the thread does not mean we agree with her and the panty wearing was in regards to her and others

edited January 2016
    @kitteh81 Yeah, sorry, January gif challenge for our bmb is workout fails, and crossfit tends to have the most hardcore fails. It will be gone in a few weeks! ;)

Eta: Crossfit=CrossFAIL