1st Trimester

Twins? Two heartbeats found at 9.5 wks

Super confused and don't have a follow up appt with dr till Monday! Had first appt at 8wks. Dr found a blob but with a strong heartbeat. Measured correctly but didn't look like 8wk baby because my uterus is tilted and they couldn't get a good pic.
Fast forward 10 days. I went to an elective ultrasound place for an abdominal because the pics were so bad from 8wks and I had this nagging feeling about a twin!

Lady puts u/s on my belly and immediately see two flickers. One from the baby we can clearly see if measuring great. HR 174.
Then we see another heartbeat coming from above the other baby in same sack and not the yoke sak which is to the right of the baby measuring perfect.
She measures that HR and its 171. BUT, the baby doesn't look like first baby at all. We can barely get a good look at it and if we measure the heartbeat blob it would only be 6wks/4days.

Anyone have weird situation like this! I am so so so confused and Monday is so far for answers!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Twins? Two heartbeats found at 9.5 wks

• Loading the player...
  • At the place I went to, they do early trans abdominal and all show certification that they are school trained. Their equipment is way way better than the dr office I go to. We will see. Monday is getting closer and closer.
  • no advice here sorry but keep us updated!
  • Super confused and don't have a follow up appt with dr till Monday! Had first appt at 8wks. Dr found a blob but with a strong heartbeat. Measured correctly but didn't look like 8wk baby because my uterus is tilted and they couldn't get a good pic.
    Fast forward 10 days. I went to an elective ultrasound place for an abdominal because the pics were so bad from 8wks and I had this nagging feeling about a twin!

Lady puts u/s on my belly and immediately see two flickers. One from the baby we can clearly see if measuring great. HR 174.
    Then we see another heartbeat coming from above the other baby in same sack and not the yoke sak which is to the right of the baby measuring perfect.
    She measures that HR and its 171. BUT, the baby doesn't look like first baby at all. We can barely get a good look at it and if we measure the heartbeat blob it would only be 6wks/4days.

Anyone have weird situation like this! I am so so so confused and Monday is so far for answers!!

I'm going with the PPs and I wouldn't put too much stock into this. Also, my OB wouldn't use an abdominal machine until after 12 weeks and they had phenomenal machines.
  • Obviously I have no idea what kind of ultrasound place she went to, but there is a place in my town that does out-of-pocket diagnostic and elective ultrasounds. You can actually schedule your anatomy scan there if you don't have insurance since it's cheaper. They are all qualified technicians and they have a doctor on staff.

I'm not saying she went to a place like this, but if they're giving her measurements and everything then I would hope it's not just an elective ultrasound boutique!

OP, we can't give you medical advice though so you'll have to wait and talk to your doctor.
  • Yes!!!! Same type of place!!
  • I've also had issues with abdominal ultrasounds that early and transvaginal was way more reliable for me. Wait for you dr as like pp have said we can offer no advice or insight into this.
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing