Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

If you have switched formulas (also posted on formula board)

How did your baby transition? Did it take a few days to settle well? This week we've slowing been switching to gerber soothe from elecare. Yesterday and today LO has been very gassy. We had tried the elecare due to gas/tummy issues since the pediatrician said a GI doc will usually have you test out the hypoallergenic forumula first. He was never actually diagnosed with an mspi so I wanted to try a milk based formula again. Now I'm not sure if it's the milk affecting him, or he's just adjusting to a new formula.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you have switched formulas (also posted on formula board)

• Options
    Sounds like your LO might have issues wil Milk. I had to switch my little man from Similac to Enfamil Gentle Ease, because he couldn't handle Similac anymore, 2 days after we got home from the hospital. But if you have any concerns, talk to your Pediatrician! :smile: They know more about what's going on than we do.
  • Options
    OP how old is your lo? My lo is on Nutramegin due to a milk sensitivity and her ped is going to switch her to Gentle Ease at 6 months. She doesn't like to do it earlier because she said the intestinal lining can't block out the milk protein allergens before then. We are also going to do a gradual transition over a few weeks as opposed to just switching.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had milk allergy outside when I was breastfeeding,  and was told to use alimentum or nutramigen when I weened.  That crap is expensive so our new PED recommended trying gentle ease. He got watery poos within days,  so we switched to soy.  PED said no need to transition gently,  because it will just take you longer to determine if it's  going to work or not. The soy is working with no issue from transition
  • Options
    I also transitioned to soy. Babe did the best he ever did. I pump and use.formula so his transition may have been easier because of that