July 2016 Moms
Options

Shout Out to all the Working Moms/Pregnant Ladies Out There!

I include SAHMs as working in my book. Even though I've gotten far from the first trimester nausea and complete exhaustion, I still just don't function quite right. I have a terrible time getting to sleep and staying asleep so I still feel like a useless zombie most of the time. I just wanted to let ALL of you know that you are amazing for managing to get to work or keep your house and little one(s) at taken care of. You are AWESOME, and don't forget it!
1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
Team green turned BLUE!
2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
Team green turned PINK!
Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Shout Out to all the Working Moms/Pregnant Ladies Out There!

• Options
    mandyjuliemandyjulie member
    edited January 2016
    So, basically, STMs! And thank you! I am sometimes very jealous of FTMs, including my old self. Would love to just sleep whenever possible. But a full-time job + toddler makes any free time impossible!

But shout out to FTMs too! It is still all hard, plus all the new crazy shit happening to your body and life :)
    DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    I found DD's pregnancy very difficult, but I'm finding this one even more so. With DD I was working full-time, which was exhausting, but I could nap whenever I wanted. This time, I'm working casual - so my hours are often less than full-time, but they're sporadic and sometimes last minute, which is way harder (for me) than having a set schedule. I do well with routine. I also can't just come home from work and nap because - oh right, I have a toddler who wants some love and attention. Thank God for good daycare - DD goes on set days on a part-time schedule, and she goes whether I have a shift booked or not (shorter days on my off days). If I'm off I do housework or errands while she's there, or occasionally just take a day to myself (maybe a FFFC? I don't care, this is how I survive, judge away)

All that to say - shout out to FTMs, STMs, working moms and SAHMs. It's all hard in different ways!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I never imagined working 50 hours a week plus being pregnant plus learning how to marriage would be so hard because hormones are one crazy bitch but yay for all of us making it so far!
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    I needed to read this today, I cried last night because I had to go to my job today. However, even if I wasn't pregnant I think my mental state with my job has finally reached that point for me. So, thank you so much for this it hit me right in the feels today.

Me: 30, DH: 31

Married: May 16th 2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love positive posts! We all rock!!! And I'm so envious of SAHMs! My mom will be taking care of little when my maternity leave is up and I start the 2016-2017 school year with my kinders. I know I will be all types of jealous... Luckily being in the second tri has made me more productive!!!
  • Options
    I'm mostly just impressed than anyone is managing to work or be a SAHM while pregnant. I feel useless!
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I am a sahm and I am not doing a very good job of it. I have no energy! At least at work I had structure, we are all over the place. We will survive but we just might watch lots of movies.
  • Options
    Yay for positive, encouraging posts! I'm a FTM who's a second grade teacher, and some days the struggle is so real. But we're all kicking ass and taking names at this pregnancy thing: FTM, STM, SAHM, whatever. Go us!