Baby Names
Options

Quaid

2»

Re: Quaid

• Options
    Quinn and Gemma sound like sisters. Quinn and Bexley sound like a little girl and the pet hamster you allowed her to name.
    LOL. Thanks for the laugh this morning. :) I really don't understand the Bexley trend lately. Where on earth did this name come from and why do people think it sounds feminine? :/
  • Options
    Gemma is adorable. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Bexley??? That is not feminine at all, and sounds like a pet not a human. Gemma wins by a mile.
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    Conky3000 said:

Gemma is a good name. :)

I've heard Quinn for boys and girls, but yeah Quaid was definitely not a girl or gender-neutral name AND was too matchy.

Just throwing it out there, but I love the name Finley, it's gender-neutral and has the same "in" sound as Quinn without being exactly matchy. I kind of like the idea of doing both gender-neutral names for two girls rather than one neutral and one distinctly feminine.

I LOVE Finley! I came across Finn the other day but knew we needed something a little different to go with Quinn. We've updated our favorites now and we are down to

Ziya
    Finley
    Gemma

I know there's a Gemma on SOA, but we've honestly never seen the show so it has no association for us. Thank you all for the input and your honesty!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Zaria or Azaria

Finley is a boys name.
  • Options
    Agreed that Finley is also a masculine name. Ziya seems made up. Gemma is still the only plausible name.
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    Gemma by two miles.
  • Options
    i didnt think it could get worse than Quaid  but Bexley actually proved me wrong.
  • Options
    katej11 said:

Conky3000 said:

Gemma is a good name. :)

I've heard Quinn for boys and girls, but yeah Quaid was definitely not a girl or gender-neutral name AND was too matchy.

Just throwing it out there, but I love the name Finley, it's gender-neutral and has the same "in" sound as Quinn without being exactly matchy. I kind of like the idea of doing both gender-neutral names for two girls rather than one neutral and one distinctly feminine.

I LOVE Finley! I came across Finn the other day but knew we needed something a little different to go with Quinn. We've updated our favorites now and we are down to

Ziya
    Finley
    Gemma

I know there's a Gemma on SOA, but we've honestly never seen the show so it has no association for us. Thank you all for the input and your honesty!
    Gemma :)

Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Finley is a surname...MAYBE a boys name. Ziya is a masculine name. Stick with Gemma.
  • Options
    What about Clementine, Piper, Ivy, Zoe or Chloe? Definitely no to Quaid. Especially after typing it and autocorrect kept changing it to quail. Also too match with your daughters name.
  • Options
    Also loving Gemma, and I think its cute with Quinn!

I am in agreement that Finley is for boys, same with Quaid.

I dont hate Ziya but i feel like Gemma just goes with Quinn better.

• Options
    Quinn and Finn is a no-go!
  • Options
    I don't get how you can be considering both Bexley and Gemma. They are worlds apart. Bexley is atrocious, please don't name your daughter that. Gemma is lovely.

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker