April 2016 Moms

Baby Gear question for STM:

I am registering for one of those activity station things. I know each kid is different but anyone prefer one type over another?

These are the two I'm looking at registering for. One is a jumper and the other is more of a stationary walker.

Re: Baby Gear question for STM:

• My daughter is 8 so baby gear has changed since then but she loved the jumper ones like the bottom pic. She was constantly jumping/bouncing. But the top one looks more versatile. Has a mat for tummy time when they're younger and has a lot to play with. Probably can't go wrong with either. 
  • DS had something similar to the bottom (bouncer) one and freaking loved it.  There is something about bouncing and jumping that they seem to find so freeing and fun.  However, I agree with @cortney626 that you probably can't go wrong with either.
  • Loading the player...
  • We had something similar to the bottom one. A lot of it comes down to kiddo's preference at the end of the day. E hated almost all gear, it was ridiculous. My nephew loved it though.
  • We have an Exersaucer (similar to the bottom one) and our boys LOVE it! They can spend hours in it playing during the day. I highly recommend that one.

www.theydontfeedthemselves.com

My favorite activities and tips for surviving different phases with our twins!

• We have an exersaucer too and DD1 couldn't get enough of it. Ours you can take the base off and open it up so it becomes an activity center. As a matter of fact DD1 is playing with it now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mine loved bouncing in our jumperoo.
  • Another vote for the bottom one. For my DS, he was more focused on bouncing and turning than he was playing with the gadgets.

That top one would not be allowed in my house. Can you imagine how annoying that music would be after 2 minutes.

**** Formerly Snoflakes4eva****

• DD used to bounce herself to sleep in her jumperoo, it was so cute. She loved that thing. I'm glad we have one. The only thing I need to get as far as gear goes is I wanted to get a double stroller, one that has a toddler seat on it and I need another crib mattress since DD is using hers on her toddler bed.

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I think the simplicity of the second one is nice...no batteries, flashing lights, just simple. I have a similar Exersaucer one that I like a lot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have two different ones that we used the first was a real simple exersaucer that we attached different toys and objects to with pacifier clips when we realized Dd loved to play with wash cloths, burp rags, ect. We also have a Little Einsteins themed one that made a bunch of noise but over stimulated her. I swear anything that bounces seems to be babies favorite.
  • We had a hand me down of the top one. DD played in it as a baby and still does some as a 2 year old. It's handy because the baby seat comes out so its good for pulling up on and standing and playing once they get bigger. I could see a baby growing out of the second one quickly. My DD was never much of a bouncer - she had a door handing one and basically never used it, though.
  • DS still uses his every once in a blue moon when I need to desperately pee, since I don't trust him alone even with the gates up. We got one that he could bounce on that has an adjustable bouncing pad.

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Bouncy one for the win with DS.
  • We had the top one with DD and she loved it. I liked that the seat part comes out when they can hold themselves standing and want more freedom
  • melandyga said:
    We had a hand me down of the top one. DD played in it as a baby and still does some as a 2 year old. It's handy because the baby seat comes out so its good for pulling up on and standing and playing once they get bigger. I could see a baby growing out of the second one quickly. My DD was never much of a bouncer - she had a door handing one and basically never used it, though.
    That was my thought too. For virtually the same price, the top one can be used for years as an activity table vs. the jumper up to 12 mos. I put the top one on the registry and one of those $30 jumpers that hook to the top of the door for bouncing. My niece lived in that thing when she was a baby.