April 2016 Moms
Options

Aching Lower Body

In recent nights I have been going to bed with the ususal back pain -ok fine. But half way through the night my hips (where leg folds and lower butt) start to ach like crazy and no side is comfortable. Sometimes its so bad that my legs start to feel achy too! I wake up stretch a bit and go to bed but then it comes back. Anyone dealing with this? Have you found a way to get relief? I guess my DH will have to start rubbing my butt (he'll be glad too).

Re: Aching Lower Body

• Options
    Do you have a pregnancy pillow or body pillow? I can't sleep without mine. I also have found that sleeping in my recliner is sometimes more comfortable than the bed since I can be partially sitting up and not have to be on either side (though I have only napped there, and not slept their the whole night).
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I am not only aching during the night but I wake up and feel like I've ran a marathon or climbed 30 flights of stairs. My legs and butt hurt so bad. I'm wondering if this is normal or not. Anyone else been experiencing this?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a body pillow and tons of others that i alternate. I do sit up every once in a while but then my neck hurts. Some nights are worse than others. Ill wake up feeling like I got hit by a bus - super sore from the waist down. During the day I am fine. I keep being told its normal but boy does it suck. The baby doesnt wake me up its my aching body.
  • Options
    The only thing that helps me is a body pillow plus 2 normal pillows under my head to keep me slightly elevated. Took a couple of nights of trial and error, but I was able to find a setup that keeps me from being uncomfortable overnight. Makes a huge difference!
  • Options
    Yes. I don't sleep well either and wake up with aching hips and unable to get comfy. Problem compounded by smallish bed so can't use too many pillows and they get on hubby's way. usually I sleep in after he leaves for work or have a very sweet siesta in the afternoon.
  • Options
    I have ended up sleeping my our recliner most nights due to hip and back pain. When I sleep in bed it doesn't matter what side I sleep on or how many pillows I use, my hips and back end up hurting so much that I am awake and moving every 30 minutes (which also wakes my husband) and if I try to stick it out and sleep in bed all night I end up having such severe hip and back pain the next day that I end up in tears because no position or movement makes me even remotely comfortable. Sleeping in the recliner I use a heating pad on my hips because they always seem to hurt at night now no matter what, a pillow under my knees, and a pillow behind my head and shoulders. Between all of that I manage to get around 3-4 hours of uninterrupted sleep every night and most days wake up pain free. Hopefully you can find some position that will help relieve your pain and allow you to get some sleep. Good luck! 
  • Options
    I use a pregnancy pillow but still end up with achy hips, too. I think it's normal but I agree - no fun!
  • Options
    Im so over this pain! I wake up crying from the discomfort and lack of sleep. Im trying to get an appointment for acupuncture but no luck yet. The prenatal massage place is booked for like 3 wks. Idk what to do anymore :( Iv been avoiding meds but might have start. Lots of pillows, no pillows, sitting, doesnt matter what i try.