Baby Names
Options

Alternative names for Gina

Help. So dh and I have decided not to find out what baby #2 will be. Our first was a boy named Jake. Dh grandfather was Jake and his middle name is my dads. We have a name if baby #2 if he is a boy with dh and my moms family names in there. But my if it is a girl we got nothing.
We had some ideas when I was prego with our first that was family names but it was after my mil and my mom. Sorry for all the crazy naming after people.
So to get to the point. I am looking for a girl name idea that will be some sort of honor to my mom. Her name is Gina and I am not a fan. Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Alternative names for Gina

• Options
    I'm not necessarily a fan of all of these, but here are some names similar to Gina:

Regina
    Georgina
    Gena
    Eugenia
    Virginia

• Options
    Gianna?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hmmm.

Regina
    Gianna
    Eugenia
    Georgina
    Virginia
    Ina

Thats... all I got.
  • Options
    Lena
    Nina
    does your mom have a middle name that you could use?
  • Options
    Regina and Angelina came to mind first

• Options
    Her middle name is suette. It was suppose to be Suzette but they forgot the z when filling out the birth certificate.
  • Options
    jenna 

i just threw it out on another thread, but i literally rarely hear my name anywhere and i don't know why. i really like it. (not to toot my own horn... or actually my parent's, i guess. they chose well. haha!)

it's WAY better than gina. ;) but definitely similar... as i do get called gina occasionally. people are getting it right more often now though. finally.
    houston, tx. eharmony 7.3.11. married 3.7.15. oilfield wife.

• Options
    Genavee
    Genevieve
    Genaine/Jeanine?/Gianina

Contain "Gen"
    Angenette (girl) Argentina (girl) Emogen (girl) Emogene (girl) Eugenia (girl) Eugenie (girl) Evgenia (girl) Evgenija (girl) Gena (girl) Genaine (girl) Genavee (girl) Gene (girl) Genece (girl) Genesee (girl) Genesia (girl) Genesis (girl) Geneva (girl) Genevie (girl)
    Genevieve (girl) Geneviva (girl) Genevive (girl) Genevra (girl) Genie (girl) Genifer (girl) Genise (girl) Gennifer (girl) Genny (girl) Gennyfer (girl) Genova (girl) Genovefa (girl) Genoveffa (girl) Genoveva (girl) Genowefa (girl) Genta (girl) Gentry (girl) Genvieve (girl)
    Georgene (girl) Imogen (girl) Imogene (girl) Innogen (girl) Iphigenia (girl) Lugenia (girl) Maegen (girl) Magenta (girl) Maigen (girl) Margene (girl) Meagen (girl) Reagen (girl) Regene (girl) Taegen (girl) Virgene (girl) Wynagene (girl) Yevgeniya (girl)

Zina
    Jamina
    Julina

Virginia is worse than Gina IMO.
  • Options
    Julia, Gianna, Nina, Angelina
    BabyGaga
  • Options
  • Options
    Gia, Gianna and Eugenia get my vote. I know a Eugenia and her nn is Genie. Except her dad who always called her Eugie (like "you-gee") and his name was Eugene. Really sweet.
  • Options
    Gemma (a popular british name)
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    Thanks. That has given me lots of ideas. Now just to see what dh thinks.
  • Options
    Hayrock said:

Thanks. That has given me lots of ideas. Now just to see what dh thinks.

I'm excited to hear your final decision.
  • Options
    I've always loved the name Gina. Guess I'm the only one...

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    The model Gigi Hadid's real name is Jelena, which I think is super pretty!
  • Options
    Imogen?

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Gia, Jenna, Angelina, Geneva, Genevra, Ginnifer

• Options

Guiliana