Working Moms
Options

My heart hurts!

Does anyone else have trouble being away from their baby (child) while working? I thought I would kind of get used to it but now and I know it's a decent place and he has fun but sometimes I just feel like I had this baby and other people get to raise him. It feels wrong to me in a sense. I honestly didn't know I would feel this way and I find myself very unmotivated by my job and wishing I could be s full time mommy.

Re: My heart hurts!

• Options

I miss my kids every day that I'm away from them at work BUT I know that I have to work, I like to work so I just focus on the time that I do have with them. I enjoy my time off and my weekends and I make the most of it.

After I had my first child and went back to work I did what you are doing and I had the same thoughts you are having. It's normal to feel this way but you are also not doing yourself any favors by dwelling on these things. Try to think positively and think about how much your LO will benefit from his daycare and how happy he will be to see you after work. Your LO will love you the most no matter what so try to stay positive.

If you really are unmotivated and can't stand working then make a change. It's all up to you.

• Options
    It's always harder on Mommy than baby. I will say that I don't agree with the saying "daycare raises children". You are still raising your child as a working parent. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You are still a full time mom. Working doesn't make you a part time mom it makes you a busier mom. I'm going through some emotions right now too...Mainly guilt. My mom helps me a lot and I work nights and now that LO is transitioned to a crib and teething he's not sleeping well. I feel guilty about my mom taking him overnight and having to wake up through the night. I feel exhausted especially since DH has had to work 10 days in a row because of some stupid class he had to take and I've been living like a single mother who works. I'm sleep deprived and stress eating Doritos. I haven't eaten a Dorito in probably 10 years and I'm at work eating crap ready to pour my heart out. I miss my baby and feel like he's going to like my mom and husband better than me. I know it's silly but I'm not feeling rational right now. I just keep telling myself that he will sttn and then it will be easier for everyone.