August 2015 Moms
Options

Won't take nap in her crib

My dd won't sleep in her crib during the day she will only sleep in my bed. But during the night she sleep in her crib just fine. Anyone have same problem?

Re: Won't take nap in her crib

• Options
    We don't anymore, but we kind of did for a while.  For the longest time, DS only napped if we held him or if we held him and then sneakily transferred him to his RnP.  But very randomly, he decided that he was over that and didn't want to be held to sleep anymore.   It totally threw us for a loop because he wasn't accustomed to crib napping but didn't want to be held, and we weren't sure what to do about it.  So we started small and created a naptime routine that we tried for every single nap.  In the beginning, it resulted in an overtired, crying, sleep-resisting baby, but little by little, he's gotten great at crib naps.  I try to mimic everything we do at bedtime in an abbreviated fashion, and now we've gone from 20 minute nap disasters to 1.5 -2 hour napping marathons.  Just be patient and consistent (but flexible).  There's hope!
  • Options
    We have a nap routine but since she hit 4 months all this I don't like to nap in my crib started I don't know what happened exactly
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just keep trying every once in awhile. It'll happen mama. Don't put too much pressure on yourself or on LO. One thing I've learned as an STM is babies decide when they're ready for everrrry thing.
  • Options
    @Nona92  what did your nap routine consist of?