Babies on the Brain

January TTC and NTNP

Hello lovely ladies of BotB! I really enjoyed following the monthly check in format from last month, and thought I would get it started in the new year!

So how are y'all doing?

*possible trigger warnings in following posts*
Me: 23 | DH: 25
Married: June 2014 
TTC #1

Re: January TTC and NTNP

• After a first cycle of 90 freaking days, I ovulated on CD22 instead of CD75, so pretty excited about that! Currently 10DPO, will probably test this weekend. Hoping I am on the road to more regular cycles. (: Oh, I also identified EWCM for the first time and felt totally proud of myself, haha!

I had a wonderful holiday. We got to fly home for the first time in a year, and it was so special seeing everyone and catching up. The only problem was that it went by too fast! 

But now we're back and I have a cold post airplane trip, bleh. I got a diffuser for Christmas (so excited) and just combined eucalyptus and peppermint. It is doing wonders for my sinuses right now. I'm pretty new to essential oils, so if anyone has any tips or suggestions I would love to hear them!
    TTC #1

• I'm in my 6th cycle of trying, so I'm hoping that our cycle comes soon! The good news for me now is that after being on HBC for basically 15 years, I was worried that my cycles would never regulate. But after the first couple wonky months, the last few cycles I've been able to really pinpoint when everything is happening, and every part of my cycle including signs like CM and CP have been very very regular. So I guess even though I'm not pregnant yet, it's encouraging to see my body cooperating a little bit. Now if only we can make this thing happen! I've been pretty calm for the last couple of cycles, although having AF show up ON Christmas Day was a little bit of a bummer, I'm not going to lie. Trying to keep from stressing, and hoping to get that BFP sooner rather than later :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • I've stopped counting our cycles - we're around 7 or 8, I think, having started TTC in May. Monday I had an initial OBGYN apt. and started talking next steps. First thing is a progesterone test seven days after my next positive OPK.
  • Hi all! Glad to hear everyone's holidays were nice and to catch up on how everyone is doing in their ttc journey! We are (feels like finally) starting ttc, so I'm very excited :smile: I've been off bcp for a few months, but we've been talking about it for a long time now. 
    My holidays were great, although I hate the cold January slump every year after all the fun. Also some people are driving me nuts right now. Example: mom keeps talking to me about how she and my DH are not 'connecting' and that we aren't around enough. Um, we just spent 5 days with my parents on vacation?
    I'll try to just get excited for ttc and focus on that!
  • Hello everyone!  My time away from work over break was wonderful and made it hard to come back to work. After taking Provera last month and getting a period the first week of December, I still haven't had anything happen since then.  My temps aren't moving!  I'm on CD36 and debating if I will need to make another appointment for a 60 day cycle again... I told myself that I would wait until CD45 but I'm hella impatient after an 80 day cycle.  The amount of time that it is taking for my body to figure itself out makes me upset that I didn't get off BCP earlier.  But, since there is nothing that I can do about it now, I just need to hope for the future! 

My doctor had mentioned possibly taking Metformin for my PCOS but I told her that I want to wait and see for a few months... Does anyone know much about this or know how effective it is?  I've been reading previous posts about it and stuff but I still figured that I'd ask here :)

• Happy New Year! We changed our minds at Christmas and are now in the TTC/NTNP zone, meaning I'll keep temping so I know when to expect things and test, but we'll just have sex when we feel like it for the first few cycles. It's a weird feeling to now be open for business, but a good one too.

@kgm92 the diffuser sounds cool! I love the smell of EOs but keep being too cheap to get one.

@SLou24 that's good that things are regulating!

@als1982 I hope your OB is helpful and you get the answers or assistance you need.

@SusieG85 yay for TTC! It's a good feeling to get started.

@mokay19 that sounds frustrating. I can't blame you for being impatient!
  • edited January 2016
    Definitely a weird feeling to be open for business after a lifetime of desperately keeping the 'closed' sign up!!
  • Hi everyone!  Nice to see a little action on this board the last few days.  We are beginning our 3rd month TTC (currently TWW on cycle 2) and still feeling pretty relaxed about it.  Still haven't had a reliably normal-looking cycle, but we're off to our honeymoon in Tuscany & Umbria in 10 weeks, so it wouldn't be the worst thing to get KU after that (because wine).  Now I understand why people say it helps to have a baby bucket list.  Focusing on this trip is really helping the baby-crazy.

Hope yall are doing well!
  • I haven't checked in here for a while.  We decided to put off TTC even longer, so I didn't see the point.  We're now a year out and sticking to that time frame.  I have some health issues that I need to get worked out before TTC, so I'm starting that process now.  

I've also decided to start temping this month, knowing that it was going to take me a few months to actually remember every morning.  Like this month is a total bust so far because I've missed several days, but I'll get there.

I am crazy sensitive to multi-viatims.  Most have additives I'm allergic to or they make me nauseous.  So knowing that I'm feeling good now, I've started experimenting with prenatals.  I just started one last week (a "no-nausea formula) that I knew didn't have any additives I was allergic to, but by day 4, I had horrific heartburn and ended up vomiting a few hours after taking it.  That happened 2 days in a row.  I took 2 days off and felt great.  Tried it again and the same thing happened.  *sigh*  On to the next one.

I'm not over weight, but I do want to get on a better exercise routine this year and tone up a bit more.

• Hello. Been busy at work, so at home I only wanted to watch some tv and sleep. Now I have some catching up to do here. I'm now on my 2nd cycle. I tried OPK last week from saturday till friday, since I had a  time frame in my first cycle with really sore boobs and nippels and I was wondering if that could connect (just too curious). All tests have been completely white (exept the controle band) but only on one day there was a good testband, but not as positive as the controle band :neutral: So that was a bit strange. But my breasts and nipples where also painfull last week and they haven't stopped being painful since then.

@kgm92 you got some good news last weekend?
    @Slou24 my period was the night before christmas. Even though i didn't expect anything since it was my first cycle, I wouldn't mind getting another kind of present too.
    @BlueBirdMB are there more no-nausea vitamins? Sounds like a challenge figuring it out.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
  • @Lysta85Nope. /: temp dropped and just waiting for AF to show. Which OPKs do you use? I'm thinking of adding them next cycle. I've never used them so don't have any experience, but I've read on TTGP that testing just once a day doesn't always yield the clearest results.

@LINDSEYRVA That sounds like a wonderful trip! I had to google Umbria to see where it is, haha. How long will you be there for?

@BlueBirdMB I'm sorry you experience that. ): I hope you can find one that works for you! 
    TTC #1

• Thanks, guys.  It's so weird, if I wasn't on my period, I would have assumed I was pregnant.  I literally felt pregnant from the freakin' vitamin lol!  I bought another one, but I have a cold, and sometimes these things make me congested, so I want to test it when I'm 100% healthy.  I'll have to wait a bit to try again.
  • Anyone up for a chart stalk? I'm very confused. Still no AF, not pregnant, and no hormonal symptoms….I'm starting to wonder if I even ovulated at all. Chart is a little wonky because I work nights and switch back and forth. Feeling very frustrated... ):
    TTC #1

• @kgm92 can you post a link to your chart? I am on mobile and cannot figure out how to me signatures when I am on mobile.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• kgm92kgm92 member
    edited January 2016
    TTC #1

• @kgm92 they are from lifecare, but I don't know if you can get them in America. They are cheap here and a lot of dutch women use them, but for some they don't show as positive as the test should. That probably happened to me. I  don't know much about temping, so I can't help you there. You tried another pregnancy test? Or do you fear that your cycle is getting longer again?

@BluebirdMB lol, sounds like the ultimate vitamin for symptom spotting. Hope you'll get rid of your cold pretty quick.

Do any of you try any kind of tricks/myths to unscientifically increase the chance of getting pregnant? Some swear that drinking pomegranate juice can help, so I try that this cycle. I don't fully belief it, but think it's worth a shot. I'll probably know next thursday ;). So I'm curious to what you'll doing.
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
  • kgm92 said:

Anyone up for a chart stalk? I'm very confused. Still no AF, not pregnant, and no hormonal symptoms….I'm starting to wonder if I even ovulated at all. Chart is a little wonky because I work nights and switch back and forth. Feeling very frustrated... ):

How long is your LP usually? Did you stop checking CM after you got your crosshairs? I agree, that's confusing. I'd keep testing periodically to AF shows, and maybe HIO just in case.

@Lysta85 I've been drinking lots of green tea. I figure it can't hurt and I like it anyway.
  • @kgm92 I don't think that you have ovulated yet. I am guessing fertility friend will take away your crosshairs away if you keep temping.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @BlueBirdMB Just in case you haven't tried these yet -- I take Rainbow Lite PNV, and they are made from all natural plant sources-- maybe that would be good for your sensitivity? They are big but I have not had any nausea with them, and have even taken them on an empty stomach. Just another idea for you to try if you haven't already! 
  • @kgm92 - With all of the open circles, I would say that you haven't ovulated yet. Keep temping, and try to keep it at the same time. I know it's hard if you work an odd schedule, but there should be some time that you can consistently temp after a few hours of sleep, even if it's at 1 in the morning, or 3 in the afternoon.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @Lysta85 Yeah a handful of BFNs, guess this is going to be another long cycle…

@Xstatic3333 If I actually ovulated last cycle, my LP was 15 days. As far as CM, I stopped checking internally after crosshairs, I thought I was good haha. Guess I should have kept checking.

@hupp0013 Yeah I don't think so either. /: Surprisingly FF hasn't taken them away yet, only changed them to dotted. 

@izza2 I try and temp after at least 3-4 hours of sleep, and unfortunately I don't think there is a consistent time since I "switch back" on my days off. I work 7p-7:30a 3 or 4 times a week. If I have more than 2 nights off in a row then I sleep for like 4 hours after my shift and then sleep again that night. This morning I woke up wide awake at 6am and won't go back to sleep till around 9am tomorrow, ugh. I'd probably feel better physically if I just stayed nocturnal, but I tried that and I was really depressed/missed the sunlight and socializing. It does make it very frustrating for temping though.

Thanks to all who helped me with my chart! I went through a few days of feeling really discouraged and frustrated with my body. I'm trying to redirect my efforts towards working out/getting healthier since I at least have control over that. I have a strong suspicion I have PCOS, and I know weight loss would help if that's the case. And if it's not the case then it's still good for me. (: 

TTC #1

• @Lysta85 YAY!!! Congratulations!! (:
    TTC #1

• Lysta85 said:

*trigger warning*

I just had a BFP. So excited. This was sooner then we expected (we kept telling our self that it would take 6-12 months to avoid disappointments). Hope you all will get lucky really soon too.

Congrats @Lysta85! Have a happy and healthy pregnancy!
  • Sorry to hear about your MC. Glad to see you back though, @HookEmNelson!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Lysta85 CONGRATULATIONS! *Loss mentioned* Hey y'all! So I ended up taking a break after our MC at the beginning of December. We are getting pumped up to start trying again after this 2nd cycle. I think we needed to take the holidays off to heal and get back on track. I've got the fever bad, and just want to complete our family. Glad to be back and see y'all! Can't wait to get to know the new faces!!

Oh no I'm so sorry to hear that :( that's good that you guys took some time for yourselves, that can't be easy to go through. Good luck to you going forward though! Your wait is over :)

• I was also pretty active on here last fall and was glad that I educated myself on fertility and learned all of the ins and outs of it but became slightly too consumed with all of it when we weren't even officially TTC yet so I also decided to take a break from the bump. My husband and I have a last "big hurrah" trip planned in September to go out west and do a road trip from Lake Tahoe to Salt Lake City - stopping at places like the Grand Canyon and sites like that. Then we will be officially TTC'ers! Even though 9 months seems far away, the fact that this is the year we will start trying kind of blows my mind! 

I guess it should also be noted that by definition we are "NTNP" as we don't avoid our fertile window or anything but we are mostly trying to avoid until September :) 

Hope everyone is having a great new year so far!