May 2016 Moms
Options

Every time I cough

I pee a little. And I have a chest infection, so it is happening a lot...

that is all  ;)
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Every time I cough

• Options
    ditto

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                                    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yup, I am super sick right now. My cough is pretty bad , it doesnt happen EVERY time I cough, but the rough ones I pee myself a little bit. LOL good times.
  • Options
    If this awful cold doesn't go away soon I'm going to just start buying new underwear. I'm tired of peeing my pants and having to do a bunch of laundry. I hate snissing..
  • Options
    Me too. Coughing, sneezing and throwing up have all lead to me peeing.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I am in this club, although I don't want to be a member! 
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    I wish it was pee. I can't cough well without throwing up. ...okay I don't really wish to pee myself (please don't hurt me pregnancy karma). I would prefer the absence of both thank you.
  • Options

I wish it was pee. I can't cough well without throwing up. ...okay I don't really wish to pee myself (please don't hurt me pregnancy karma). I would prefer the absence of both thank you.

Same here! I've thrown up over six times today. I've pretty much put myself on a liquid diet until my cold is over. :(
  • Options
    I'm now keeping spare pants and underwear at work.....and pantyliners. Sigh. Snissing-hilarious word!
  • Options
    I've probably peed my pants more than a dozen times in the past month from coughing and sneezing. It's a great time...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You're lucky. I'm just leaking to leak.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options

• Options
    I was just wondering if this is normal! It happened to me today and I was like WTF?!?
  • Options
    I DO SO MANY KEGELS!
  • Options
    One word:   Poise.
    They are a lifesaver!   They aren't all big and bulky they have thinner versions.  They are thicker than a pantyliner but depending upon the size you get they can also just be as thin as a regular pad but a lot more absorbent..  Not to be too tmi, but I leaked a little already before getting pregnant so I always wear something anyway so it doesn't feel much different to me.  It sure beats having to change underwear or snissing in public.

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Options
    I'm borderline - have to use some significant control to keep it from happening. I told my husband that I almost pee every time I sneeze today and he looked so alarmed. I enjoyed that part.
  • Options
    I'm super glad to not be a member of the peeing yourself club yet. I do however throw up every time I sneeze so that's super fun to deal with, especially at work. I scared a patient once because I sneezed and immediately went for my garbage can. They asked if I was sick and I said "no, just pregnant" haha
  • Options
    One word:   Poise.
    They are a lifesaver!   They aren't all big and bulky they have thinner versions.  They are thicker than a pantyliner but depending upon the size you get they can also just be as thin as a regular pad but a lot more absorbent..  Not to be too tmi, but I leaked a little already before getting pregnant so I always wear something anyway so it doesn't feel much different to me.  It sure beats having to change underwear or snissing in public.
    If Lisa Rinna can rock them, then so can we!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    @Bltbear82 Didn't you feel so attractive? lol
    Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• Options
    wamam027wamam027 member
    edited January 2016
    My husband absolutely loves the fact that I pee almost every time I cough, sneeze, make any sudden movements. Whenever I cough or sneeze he stops what he's doing and asks "DID YOU PEE?!" As if it's some type of entertainment. What a jerk!

Edited to add: the other night we went to go see the movie Sisters. My sister and I wanted to see it together but we moved cross country before it came out. She text me to say "let me know if you pee your pants from laughing at the movie, I know you pee really easily and I want to hear about it if you do!!". Gah.
  • Options
    @doozer1345 super hot. DH was desperately trying not to laugh since it is pretty funny if it isn't you, and I swore it was definitely amniotic fluid!
  • Options
    @bltbear82 I didn't have it with DD but do this time and understand your thinking for sure!
    Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• Options
    Ugh. Member of the club! Every time I sneeze, unless I concentrate really really hard! Panty liners are becoming part of my daily outfits... :/
  • Options
    Unfortunately this is my life, I cross my legs really tight when I know a sneeze is coming, lol. I can only imagine what T3 will bring.
  • Options
    PREACH
  • Options
    Anyone doing kegels? A friend of mine told me the other day she did a ton while pregnant and she thought it really helped her in labor. It occurred to me that stronger muscles down there might help with the incontinence, too?

• Options
    vinerie said:

Anyone doing kegels? A friend of mine told me the other day she did a ton while pregnant and she thought it really helped her in labor. It occurred to me that stronger muscles down there might help with the incontinence, too?

I've tried doing kegels to no avail. No matter how often I do them I still pee every time I sneeze.
  • Options

vinerie said:

I've tried doing kegels to no avail. No matter how often I do them I still pee every time I sneeze.
    This. I'm still doing them just in case it may help over time, but these bladder kicks are really doing me in with the little leaks, and coughing/sneezing hard does it too.
  • Options
    kbrands7 said:

vinerie said:

This. I'm still doing them just in case it may help over time, but these bladder kicks are really doing me in with the little leaks, and coughing/sneezing hard does it too.
    I did kegels, pelvic tilts and basically anything that remotely sounded like it might help and still had it happen. But it didn't happen after delivery at all and I had a textbook labor, so I've been doing it all again just hoping it was the way DS was positioned late 3rd tri.
  • Options
    I second the poster who advised using Poise pads. They're more absorbent than a standard panty liner and better equipped to handle a quick burst of fluid rather than a slow menstrual flow. I had acute bronchitis for 3 months of this pregnancy and by week 3, bladder control just wasn't happening anymore. They're really not noticeable after a little while and it beats urinating on your clothes, furniture or bed.
  • Options

Lurking from June, just thought I'd share :)
  • Options
    I can relate to yall all to well sadly. I have hyperememis and pee every time i vomit which is at least once a day.
  • Options
    Omg dh laughs at me every time this happens. And it literally happened as I was browsing the boards. I have to penguin waddle to the bathroom.