January 2016 Moms

Preparing for Induction/ C-Section?

I know that a lot of other moms out there have mentioned the they are being induced or having a scheduled c-section. Any advice on what to do the day before? I feel like I have this amazing opportunity to be completely prepared to bring the baby home (ha!) since I know when he is being born, but I have no idea what I should be doing! Any ideas? I'm open to fun suggestions too. I've got the basics covered: house is clean, bags are packed, pets are sorted out for the hospital stay, meals in the freezer, etc. Thanks!

Re: Preparing for Induction/ C-Section?

• No that is pretty much it. Mine is on Monday, the 25th, so I am going to take as much time during the day on Sunday as I can sleeping because I get so worked up I can't sleep at night. Both my boys were induction/csection and we just went out to a nice dinner the night before.
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • Honestly, use this time to just relax if you have everything else done. Go out at your favorite restaurant. The day before my induction with my now 1 year old, we went and got subway & kfc, then went home and watched football all day. (I'm simple to please) sometimes relaxing is all the preparation you need
  • Loading the player...
  • SummerOHSummerOH member
    edited January 2016
    What PP said. Sounds like you're prepared. Just sit back and rest as much as you can. I didn't do that before I was induced and regretted it. You want to start your newborn days as rested as possible! Take the time to pamper yourself and savor things you won't have time for soon - long showers or baths, a manicure, dinner out with your SO, a movie, etc.

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• I'm a FTM but if I were you I would get a pedicure. Shave my legs and everything. And get a nice dinner.
  • I have my bag packed, although I'm positive I'll quadruple check on Saturday (induction Sunday morning). I've got care directions written out for DS and the pets. I plan to do some serious cleaning, although with DS (aka Captain Destructo) around, it won't be worth much ;) I'd really like to find something fun for the 4 of us to do on our last day of being a family of 4 (including stepdaughter). But it's cold and nasty and the age gap between the kiddos makes it challenging. Otherwise, sleep when I can, snuggle the Littles as much as possible, and I'm sure I'll have a mental breakdown, you know, as to be expected. Hurray hormones!
  • I cleaned our place, did every bit of laundry, cleaned all perishables out of the fridge that we're going to spoil, and got myself all shaved and ready to go. Went out to dinner with the husband to a nice restaurant and snuggled on the couch at home afterward. It was nice to just be able to relax.
  • My scheduled c section is tomorrow and I basically relaxed all day took a nap and went out to dinner to one of our favorite places as our last dinner as a couple before a being a family of 3. We have been cleaning and preparing up to this point so just enjoying some tv and hopefully get a good nights sleep tonight bc I know we won't have one of those for a real long time.
  • I was induced this past weekend and now that I'm back home with a new baby, I'm so glad I freezed some meals, cleaned the house and did laundry. If you have pets, give them lots of attention before your induction. Everything really does change once the baby is here and you will be tired and used to a sterile hospital environment, and sick of hospital food:).
  • C section tomorrow... I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 AM! It's 11:10, and wide awake... Soooo I second what PP said about sleeping the day before. I stayed busy all day today, am too nervous to sleep now, and will definitely regret it tomorrow! :D
  • I really should have napped when I had the chance. I'm going in for my induction at 8a and it's 3:30a and I totally can't fall asleep. Way too nervous/anxious. But I used all of the other awesome advice!
  • I just found out baby is breeched and I am scheduled for C section 1/21. Sleep is all I would recommend. Well wishes your way!