Babies: 3 - 6 Months

What bottle works for you?

DS is almost 4 months now and will not take a bottle. I've tried many different ones. Anyone had luck getting a baby who refuses the bottle to take one?

Re: What bottle works for you?

• Have you tried Mam bottles? Mine takes most but prefers these. Their packaging boasts that 94% babies will take them (I just got new ones yesterday lol).
  • We use Dr Brown. My LO won't take a bottle from me, he wants to nurse. So my SO has to give the bottles which is fine as we typically only use bottles when I'm at work or away but there has been a couple times when I tried to get LO to finish up a bottle and he refuses it from me
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine loves the Comotomo. They are primarily made of silicone, which is great if you're concerned about plastics leaching chemicals into breastmilk.
  • DD will finally take a dr Browns but it has to be a level 3 nipple.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Sully3302Sully3302 member
    edited January 2016
    My LO is 18 weeks and We have been dealing with this for a few weeks now. I was supposed to go back to work on February 1st, but I changed it to March. She is finally taking the comotomo from me! I heat the milk a lit and the nipple. I had to be standing and moving to distract her l. She played with it for a few minutes with her tongue and then started drinking. She screamed at all the other bottles. We also started offering about an hour after she ate, so she wasn't starving and frustrated. Hope this helps!

Eta: also had to be a level 2 nipple 3+ months
  • My 16wk LO had no trouble at first taking bottle, and now fights it screaming. I've had some success lately with a comotomo bottle - he likes handling the bottle and will latch if we're walking around. I've been giving him a little milk by bottle very morning this week - when he's least tired and in a good mood - and there's *maybe* a little improvement...
  • Mine loves the MAM bottles. I recommend them.
  • Also mam. I like the wide base and that you can sterilize in the microwave. And all bottle parts are interchangeable between sizes and different nipples.