September 2016 Moms
Options

It still doesn't feel "real"

Anyone else having the feeling that this just isn't really happening? Like every morning I wake up and I'm like, "oh yea.. I'm pregnant!" I have to keep reminding myself... I'm hoping that after my first scan I can really let it sink in and start to get excited. :/

Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
ttcal May 2016

Re: It still doesn't feel "real"

• Options
    @bookworm982 - I totally agree... Having a little one(s) is completely distracting! My nausea and boob lightning are there to remind me that I'm preggo.

@KarenBeth714 - I found that reading a ton about the pregnancy made it real for me the first time around (I can suggest some books if you'd like :)) Also, I would look up each week the development and the projected pictures of that stage.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I, too, am sitting in the "unreal feeling" camp. I wake up and remind myself I'm pregnant - and continue to do so throughout the day - but I'm trying to keep up with my day to day activities. I don't want to fall into the "nervous wreck" camp, because I'd have to claw my way out. I just want these next 2 months to be over so it starts to feel more real!
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I completely agree! I'm thinking the first sonogram will help.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Yep. I POAS again today. That makes 4. And I have 2 more on hand. And am contemplating buying in bulk on Amazon. Haha.
  • Options
    Yep! I POAS today again just for a reminder. For me it doesn't get real until I feel movement.
  • Options
    It doesn't feel real to me either. I have to keep reminding my self that, yep. I'm pregnant. I bet it will feel real for me after the first appointment and u/s. I'm also considering POAS again tomorrow. Just to double check. 
    Me: 31
    DH: 31
    TTC #1 10/2015
    BFP 1/2/2016 -- EDD - 9/11/2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    I'm also in the "it doesn't feel real" camp.  Part of it's the surrealness of it all (finally being pregnant after struggling for over a year) and part of it is the fear that it's too good to be true, I think.  I've taken two HPT's since getting my first positive beta (didn't test before that point) and I'm having to force myself not to test every morning just to "check."

Some days it's like I forget that I'm pregnant, which is bizarre considering how badly I want this and how long I've been waiting.  I'm thinking seeing my first u/s (other than the one they did when I had my FET, which was obviously before my little bean[s] implanted) will help make it sink in a little more.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    I'm 6w today and it doesn't feel real in part because the only symptom I have are slightly sore breasts. I POAS yesterday and the test line was darker than the control line so that made me feel good. My first u/s is in 7 days.
  • Options
    With my first, I had nausea From the start until about 11 weeks so I was always reminded. Once that went away though, I had no symptoms until I started to feel her move around 20 weeks. With this one, I have zero symptoms so it's still very surreal for me.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ***TW***
    Yes! Honestly I kind of keep forgetting and then remembering with a rush of emotions. Yesterday I was talking with a friend about someone else's due date coming up soon and about 2 minutes into the conversation, I was like "omg, I currently have a due date!!" Feels so surreal.

The trigger warning part is that I had an early miscarriage in between my girls so I wonder if I'm subconsciously trying to protect myself by pushing it out of my mind until I'm further along. Luckily (ha, not!) I tend to start puking around 6 weeks so I think it's about to become real!
    DD1 6.2011 
    DD2 4.2013 - vbac
    DS1 9.2016 - vbac, team green
    Baby #4 due 9.2018
  • Options
    Yes!  Especially since this was so unexpected and we were not trying at all.  I actually had a tubal scheduled for the 28th of this month! 

With my other 3 pregnancies I had morning sickness from the start.  This time the only symptom I have are the sore boobs.  I am way more paranoid this go around because of the lack of symptoms.   Which I know means nothing but I can't help it.  Like others have said once I have my scan on Feb 3rd I think it will really hit me.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • Options
    I'm starting to believe it's real but I'm not over the moon excited yet either. Honestly, nine months is a freakin long time. Whenever I think about this baby, it just feels like I've got all the time in the world. Also, things will be much more exciting when I'm showing and all my family and friends know.
  • Options
    @MojieJo Just keep peeing on sticks- that's what I do! ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm in the same boat! This is our second. Last time my boobs hurt from before I took a test and they don't at all now. I am peeing all the time and tired but it makes me have nervous brain because this pregnancy is already different! Glad I'm not alone <3
  • Options
    @0SeaMonkey0 I also feel like it'll seem more real when I'm showing and everyone knows. Having it be a secret makes it seem like something made up!

@noelani42 I keep peeing on sticks too. It's a happy reminder every morning since I don't really have many symptoms yet. I got another 50 pack of wondfos just before my BFP, though, so I don't have any limit to tell me when to stop testing! When do you think you'll stop?

@RedMar I like the read pregnancy books idea! I will go out and get some today! :)
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    Married 9/27/14
    TTC #1 since 8/15/15
    BFP: 1/2/16, EDD 9/13/16 - MMC 2/10/16
    BFP: 3/17, EDD 11/23/16
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

November 2016 April Siggy Challenge - April Showers

• Options
    @zrain I only have 4-5 more wondfos, so I'll stop when they run out ;)

• Options
    @zrain that's totally it! Good way to explain it
  • Options
    Exactly! I'm busy with work and my DS and buying our own home that I still can't believe it. This time is so different from my son. I really am thinking that he made enough room that this one is having no problem settling in lol! But once I start to feel movement, it'll be real.
  • Options
    Yes! I have to keep reminding myself that I'm pregnant. I have a 2 year old that I'm chasing after this time around though. So that is one reason I can't just focus on it like I did with my first. My first appointment is next week so hopefully after that it will feel more real!
  • Options
    Very normal feeling. I feel more disconnected than ever this time. With my first I was doing all this reading and planning about pregnancy and motherhood. I'm so busy with the kids and work right now I barely have time to remember I'm pregnant. :) 

That changes when you get a cute belly (or a big belly in my case, haha) and feel baby kicks. Hang in there!

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options
    Thanks I'd love some book recommendations to get my head in the game!
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    Yes and I have similar feelings as you all.. Keeping it a secret, not really feeling much except swollen boobs, also not wanting to allow myself to get too excited bc of previous cp. DH keeps having me poas like every other day just to be sure I still am!
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    Yes and I have similar feelings as you all.. Keeping it a secret, not really feeling much except swollen boobs, also not wanting to allow myself to get too excited bc of previous cp. DH keeps having me poas like every other day just to be sure I still am!
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    KarenBeth714KarenBeth714 member
    edited January 2016
    I have no idea why my phone posted that like five times.... Sorry!
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    I continue to pee on a stick on the daily! Crazy pants but it's a nice little reminder. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    AlyeenaAlyeena member
    edited January 2016
    @KarenBeth714  My husband is the same, I tought after the line got dark that it is not useful to keep poas but he is like "just in case". We are both really nervous.
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• Options
    I ALMOST said yes to a drink with a friend tonight! That's how not real it's feeling for me. It hit me like 2 minutes into the convo and I was like, "ummm oh yeah I forgot I have to get home to the cable guy!" WTF?!

I'm also confused as it took us so long to finally get pregnant that I thought it would be the ONLY thing I thought about. I can't wait to start showing and when I'm able to actually tell people! Then maybe it will feel real. ;)
  • Options
    I'm with you all as well.  I simply can't remember how I felt this early along with my son, even though he's only a year.  I remember being nauseous for a good chunk of the first trimester (never puked - woop woop!) and had sore boobs... sometimes they feel a bit sore/swollen but I just can't tell.  The lack of symptoms is freaking me right out... I've peed on at least 6 sticks and wasn't pleased that the weeks indicator was still 2-3 yesterday instead of 3+ (when in actuality it's only been 3 weeks since I ovulated). My husband encouraged me to buy more sticks.. he's an enabler!  Trying to distract myself with my son so I don't miss out on things he's going through especially should something not work out with this little appleseed.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Baby #2 here, and I feel the same way. This was our first cycle trying, so it was kind of shock. I was expecting it to take a few months. The main reason I remember I'm pregnant is because I can't have my evening glass of wine

IAmPregnant Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP - 01/04/2016; EDD - 09/15/2016 DS #1 - 07/2014
  • Options
    sarahg8rsarahg8r member
    edited January 2016
    @MojieJo Ido too and I did last time, too!

IAmPregnant Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP - 01/04/2016; EDD - 09/15/2016 DS #1 - 07/2014
  • Options

Yep. I POAS again today. That makes 4. And I have 2 more on hand. And am contemplating buying in bulk on Amazon. Haha.

POAS? I haven't seen that one before! I assume it means something to do with testing?
  • Options

POAS? I haven't seen that one before! I assume it means something to do with testing?
    Pee(d) On A Stick :wink:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @KarenBeth714 - I loved this one...
  • Options
    I'm just starting to use it again this time around. Pregnancy has always fascinated me and this is super detailed and has great pics. I think I got it used from Amazon for a decent price!
  • Options
    I just ordered a copy! I love pictures!
  • Options
    I'm so glad somebody else asked about other books other than what to expect when you are expecting.

I think part of me is so on the fence because I don't want to get too overly excited for it to end in disappointment.

However, I am burping daily still.....that is the biggest reminder there is most definitely something going on inside my body because this burping is ridiculous.  It seems to be worse depending on what i eat or if I eat too much but its a noticeable gross burping.  It was funny at first but not so much anymore.

And I'm constipated. 

I want to get What to Expect but I think i'm going to wait till after our first appointment.  I'd also like to get a baby book and start working on some of the details of that.  My mom put quite a bit of detail in mine, so I'd like to be able to do that,  but I think im going to wait till the 1st appointment on that purchase too.

I agree, it will feel much more realistic when more things start to happen and we get past the early phases.
  • Options
    @MNturnsVA - I got a pregnancy book from my insurance company and one at my first OB appointment last time around... both were pretty good.  Just saying it might be a good idea to hold off incase you score some pregnancy SWAG!
    Pregnancy Ticker