August 2015 Moms

Circumcision woes

This is my 2nd boy, i've had this trouble with both my boys now. I get the green light from the doc that everything is in order. I continue pulling his penis out to make sure the head is exposed at least once a day, and again, its starting to re-attach. My 18 year old, outgrew the attachment sometime before puberty hit. But I'm trying to find a way to fix it before them. I've heard horror stories of Pediatricians making babies scream trying to fix it during a regular office visit. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Re: Circumcision woes

• Our pediatrician suggested putting Vaseline around the head to prevent this.  Our LO's was starting to re-attach, too.  
  • This isn't helpful for this go-round, but for future boys you can ask your doc to do the 'ball' (I think its called that) method. They do the cutting, then place a plastic tube/case around the healing parts to prevent them re-attaching. Then when the scab falls off, the protective case goes with it.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Loading the player...
  • This happened to my 2.5yr old.  Keep pulling it back every diaper change.  Vaseline at bedtime.  His got better when he started having regular nocturnal erections at 15 months.  It did have to be ripped apart 2-3x.  :(

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Continue to pull it back at EACH diaper change so that it does not adhere.

Wait some time before going to urologist to have it fixed, a lot of times it falls into place as they get older.
  • We had the "ball" circumsicion and didn't have any issues thank goodness
  • Wow I had no idea this was a thing! I am a FTM and my circumcised little guy is 4 mo. old. No one warned us about this. Thanks for the heads up!
  • Ditto. I had no idea this was a thing. Forgive my lack of knowledge but what should I be looking out for? What are the warning signs? I haven't noticed anything looking different but who knows.
  • Yikes what is this about can you give a little more info??
  • Well you should be able to see the purple line fully around the head of the penis, and be able to see a slight bump which would be the forming of the "mushroom". But the purple line is now somewhat covered with some translucent skin, and at the underside of the head, there is a little white spot, can be as small as a whitehead of a pimple or wrap all the way around the head. The white spot on my son is currently about the size of a grain of rice.

The problem is, at the 2 month checkup doc gave me the thumbsup and while i still continued to pull back on it occasionally usually once a day, and apparently that is not enough, so the skin starts to reattach.
  • Bickey11 said:
    Well you should be able to see the purple line fully around the head of the penis, and be able to see a slight bump which would be the forming of the "mushroom". But the purple line is now somewhat covered with some translucent skin, and at the underside of the head, there is a little white spot, can be as small as a whitehead of a pimple or wrap all the way around the head. The white spot on my son is currently about the size of a grain of rice.

The problem is, at the 2 month checkup doc gave me the thumbsup and while i still continued to pull back on it occasionally usually once a day, and apparently that is not enough, so the skin starts to reattach.
    Interesting. I have never been told that anything needed to be done unless he was having issues with wetting diapers. I'll have to make sure L isn't have reattachment issues.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well.