August 2016 Moms
Options

Tuesday Check In

2»

Re: Tuesday Check In

• Options
    jmw386jmw386 member
    edited January 2016

@Allisun85 - My son's daycare also provided formula.  I think it had to do with the fact that they participated in a government program, but I could be wrong.  Anyway, they always just gave us the unopened cans of Gerber Gentle Formula.  We still needed to take it home and send him to daycare with prepared bottles.  I breastfed and only used the formula to supplement until about 8 months, but it was nice not to have to buy it separately.

Also, I have the same question as @vsalazar411.  As you can see below, I clearly don't know how to get the tickers to work!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you? 6W6D

How are you feeling? Great! A little tired, a tiiiny nautious mid day, but mostly good.

Doing anything baby related today? Not particularly.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I kinda love having a little secret for a few weeks. We aren't telling most until W12 and I am enjoying this stage.

Questions? Not at the moment

GTKY- What's one of the top things on your bucket list? Travel more. Bali, Africa, Germany, Brazil. We got a long list.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@cait5413 My doctor put me on Z pac this past weekend and said it would be fine. They know about the allergy, I am just a worrier. Z pac is one that my husband only reacts to in a non-fatal way, so even if it was a trigger, it *should* be okay, but it made me worry if I needed to take something ... more. And my husband works within walking distance of this day care (one of the attractions!) so meds would only be mildly annoying. I think that is a certification thing? Thank you for your response, a lot of information!

@Cosupi4 That actually makes me feel a little better. I am like that with carrots, so we know to be careful with baby food (likely, I think we'll end up making it because carrots are in everything!) and the doctor had cautioned me to be extra vigilant. (I go into shock from it.) But we're in this perfect storm of my health finally being good enough to have a baby after the issues last year, but if I get sick they don't want it to progress to another life threatening infection... But if the cure would hurt the baby I would fight against using antibiotics for anything but a last resort. I'm going to ask the doctor tomorrow about exactly this at my appointment, but I've been stressing about it...

• Options

@jmw386 I found the best way for me to get my siggy to work (especially the ticker) is to go into the coding screen, and paste the code from where ever I am copying it in. It looks like </>

If you click that you may see something that just doesn't look right, so depending on your knowledge of coding, you can make some changes directly in there.

• Options
    How far along are you? 6weeks 5 days

How are you feeling? Tired!!! 

Doing anything baby related today? Had my first ultrasound!

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Saw that we have TWO little beans and heard 2 heartbeats! 

Questions? Is this real life... I feel like I'm dreaming. 

GTKY- What's one of the top things on your bucket list? I guess having IDENTICAL twins can be scratched off!

*** Pregnancy & Miscarriage Mentioned***
    ME: 34/DH: 33
    TTC (On & Off) Since 2008
    Diagnosed DOR August 2013 
    2009-2013 6 Clomid Rounds which resulted in 3 Cysts/Had to take some time off from TTC
    10/2014 ~ BFP (Natural Pregnancy) after 3 months Acupuncture/Miscarriage at 10 wks
    7/2015 ~ Med Protocol#1: Failed Cycle/Only 1 Egg/Unable to convert to IUI because thin uterus lining
    08/2015 ~ Med Protocol #2: Started stims 09/13
    ER 10/9 with 6 Eggs Retrieved/3 SNOWFLAKES!!

10/22/15 ~ AF Showed up, waiting for Fibroid removal.
    10/28/15 ~ Saline Ultrasound - Fibroids were gone. FET scheduled for December 3rd!
    12/08/15 ~ FET of one hatching Embaby

12/21/15 ~ 13dp5dfet Beta 755! I'M PREGNANT!!!/ 
    12/23/15 ~15dp5dfet Beta 1539!

01/05/16 ~ 1st Ultrasound - 2 little beans and 2 Heartbeats (120 & 125 bpm)

My Fur Baby: Diva Celeste McClendon

• Options

@journogrl23 & @mrsmd1224Thank you for saying what I was thinking!!!

I was letting the dust settle from the influx of BFP, but I think now any new BFP's will fall into Sept? Of course new people will always be joining, but it makes sense to start some structure for our little piece of "The Bump" now we're past the biggest wave... I think newbies coming in will understand they are entering an established board, rather than a newish board they can help shape.

• Options
    How far along are you? 9w6d

How are you feeling? Like death warmed over. Ugh. Pretty sure I'm sick.

Doing anything baby related today? Just this!

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Honestly, I'm so glad I was able to take a nap this afternoon.

Questions?

GTKY- What's one of the top things on your bucket list? Cage diving with Great White sharks! I went when we were in Hawaii with some other species and I loved it.

@mrsmd1224 Yes please!!! I completely agree. I may just get annoyed super easily now, but seeing four posts all about a Facebook group that could easily have just been one topic was driving me crazy.
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    7 weeks even

How are you feeling?
    Like crap.

Doing anything baby related today?
    Feeling like crap.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:
    A friend told me about Diclegis today. Apparently it's a new ish nausea medicine designed specifically for pregnant women. I called my OB and got a rx called in and my nurse said my Dr. Calls it a miracle drug and to get ready to feel like a new person. I'm waiting by the phone for the pharmacy to call telling me it's ready! CANT WAIT!!
    Questions?

GTKY- What's one of the top things on your bucket list?
    Not be nauseous!! (Sorry...can't think about anything else!!)
  • Options
    How far along are you? 6w3d

How are you feeling? Basically normal. A bit bloated. Not even very hungry lately. All of this makes me a bit nervous. 

Doing anything baby related today? Made my first doctor's appointment (well actually that was yesterday). They can't see me till the 26th, I'll be 9 weeks by then. Hope it's all ok. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I've been trying to shop for some inexpensive dresses (loose-fitting, belly-hiding kinds) to wear to work and having no luck! Apparently pants and tops are the thing to wear this season because there just aren't many dresses on the racks. 

Questions? Any recommendations for other fun baby related websites or apps to check out?

GTKY- What's one of the top things on your bucket list? Going to Paris. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 8w1d

How are you feeling? Tired and nauseous

Doing anything baby related today? No

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I had such a busy morning running around with DS and then was completely unproductive all afternoon. I cant wait to have a little energy again!

Questions? None

GTKY- What's one of the top things on your bucket list? learn another language fluently.

@mrsmd1224 &@journogrl23 I am in complete agreement. I think if we all are more on top of posting the different weekly threads it will help to make the board feel a little more interesting. I also feel like we need to be a little snarkier with repeat topics/unnecessary symptom posts because it's the only way to start to control them. I'm not usually that way, but on my previous boards it takes those semi-harsh reactions to cut down on all the junk.

• Options
    How far along are you? 7w 2d

How are you feeling? Tired right now, a little nauseous later in the day but otherwise ok

Doing anything baby related today? just forums

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I'm away from my hunny for the next 10 days and he's sick so I feel awful for not being there, that's my rant for the day I'm just ready to be home

Questions? 

GTKY- What's one of the top things on your bucket list? Used to be to visit Greece but now it's Ireland, back to my roots

• Options
    @Snaps816 I like the Ovia app because it gives you daily updates on your LO
  • Options
    cbpalagi said:
    @Snaps816 I like the Ovia app because it gives you daily updates on your LO
    Thanks! Just downloaded it. I can't get enough of this stuff lately. 
  • Options
    Snaps816Snaps816 member
    edited January 2016
    I like the idea of organizing the board better, but I would hate for it to become as snarky and unwelcoming as TTC can often be. Especially considering the fact that most of the "newbies" are showing up only a matter of weeks after the first people with BFP's and August due dates showed up (unless they join the Bump later into their pregnancies). I do think a "Welcome newcomers -- read this first" page would be good to cut down on redundant questions and symptom inquiries. But I don't like the idea of dictating what the tone or culture here has to be, insisting that certain topics are off limits, or scolding people all the time -- this is a website that anyone is free to join. If someone posts an insensitive or stupid question, the best thing to do is just not respond.

That's just my two cents on the matter!
  • Options
    @JournoGrl23 thank you for sharing, and I'm sorry you have to deal with that! Can you tell me a few of the things that you can eat?I am very interested! (I'm super interested in nutrition and specialty diets.)

Due with rainbow rainbow rainbow baby on 9/29/17
    It's been a long road- Let's just say that!