3rd Trimester
Options

protein in urine at 30 weeks!

Went in for my 30 weeks checkup and they found protein in my urine I'm so worried because I hope they don't tell me that baby will have to come out

Re: protein in urine at 30 weeks!

• Options
    What did they tell you?

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Went in for my 30 weeks checkup and they found protein in my urine I'm so worried because I hope they don't tell me that baby will have to come out

I second the question of what they told you. Depending on your levels and other health concerns, it may be in everyone's best interest to induce, but if your doctor didn't mention it, you're probably fine for now.
    I highly suggest you call the doctor's office if you still have questions.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well so far I haven't heard from my doctor she ranned more test on me to determine if I do have pre clempsia, but i don't any of the other symptoms such as rib pain,blurry vision,constant headaches so I'm hoping its just a common situation.
  • Options

Well so far I haven't heard from my doctor she ranned more test on me to determine if I do have pre clempsia, but i don't any of the other symptoms such as rib pain,blurry vision,constant headaches so I'm hoping its just a common situation.

High blood pressure is a big sign of preeclampsia, so if you haven't had high readings, you shouldn't be too worried. They may ask you to do a 24 hour urine test where you basically urinate in a jug to check your overall protein levels.
  • Options
    I had protein in my urine at one appointment last pregnancy, it wasn't a high amount. My BP was elevated for me (mine is usually 110/60 and it was 128/78) but wasn't considered high enough. They repeated the tests at my next appointment two weeks later and things were normal. Same thing happened with my SIL. If you're concerned then call your Ob office and ask.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

High blood pressure readings and unusual swelling are also important factors when monitoring for pre-e.  I am assuming that the additional tests were blood work.  Depending on the lab results and your blood pressure readings to date, they may just continue monitoring you.  The goal each week will be to get you to the next week in your pregnancy so long as you and baby are doing well.  If there are any changes that they are not comfortable seeing, there are other measures that they can take before inducing.  IF they induce, it is because it is what is BEST for you and baby. 

I would follow up with your OB and ask questions to get a feel for what your numbers currently mean to them and what their plan is moving forward.

• Options
    All test came back perfect!!!!!
  • Options
    Glad to hear :) I had issues with keytones in my urine. Turned out I was not keeping enough down to feed us. They gave me some special fluid through an iv and we I have been fine since