Pregnant after IF
Options

*1st Tri Check-In 1/4 + NEW LEADER NEEDED*

*** The 1st Trimester Group will need a NEW LEADER in about 1 week since I will be moving into my second trimester next week. Let me know if you are interested in being the leader. All you have to do is start up a chat each week. It’s easy, it’s fun, it’s quick, and it’s a great way for all of us to connect and share our stories!***

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. I know we've all gone through a lot to get to this point so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months!

Please post a little about yourself, your EDD (if it’s not listed below), any upcoming appointments, symptoms, etc. Feel free to also share your IF journey, I know many of us can relate.

QOTW: Is anyone planning a Babymoon before their little nugget arrives? If so, where to and when? How far along will you be? Any suggestions for great Babymoon locations?

Congrats to all of the Mommies to be:
@mechelita44 EDD 7/20/16
@kbear28 EDD 7/24/16
@TerraMae80 EDD 8/4/16
@riveridgional EDD 8/6/16
@poeface EDD 8/8/16
@rshatsky EDD 8/24/16
@ShayLatrice EDD 8/25/16
@emsmama15 EDD 8/29/16
@duchessofravity EDD 9/1/16
@rabeckap EDD ??????
@katie121209 EDD ??????
@ehanssmann EDD ??????
@Annacygirl EDD ??????

Here’s to a WONDERFUL, BABY-FILLED new year!!! :)

Re: *1st Tri Check-In 1/4 + NEW LEADER NEEDED*

• Options
    We are doing a few mini baby moons instead of one destination get away. My husband is taking me on a surprise get away in FEB and then in May we are going to go down to our Zen Spot in Corpus Christi and that'll be our last lil get away before baby comes.

*** Pregnancy & Miscarriage Mentioned***
    ME: 34/DH: 33
    TTC (On & Off) Since 2008
    Diagnosed DOR August 2013 
    2009-2013 6 Clomid Rounds which resulted in 3 Cysts/Had to take some time off from TTC
    10/2014 ~ BFP (Natural Pregnancy) after 3 months Acupuncture/Miscarriage at 10 wks
    7/2015 ~ Med Protocol#1: Failed Cycle/Only 1 Egg/Unable to convert to IUI because thin uterus lining
    08/2015 ~ Med Protocol #2: Started stims 09/13
    ER 10/9 with 6 Eggs Retrieved/3 SNOWFLAKES!!

10/22/15 ~ AF Showed up, waiting for Fibroid removal.
    10/28/15 ~ Saline Ultrasound - Fibroids were gone. FET scheduled for December 3rd!
    12/08/15 ~ FET of one hatching Embaby

12/21/15 ~ 13dp5dfet Beta 755! I'M PREGNANT!!!/ 
    12/23/15 ~15dp5dfet Beta 1539!

01/05/16 ~ 1st Ultrasound - 2 little beans and 2 Heartbeats (120 & 125 bpm)

My Fur Baby: Diva Celeste McClendon

• Options
    I can be the new leader for the next 2-3 weeks!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     (Loss Mentioned and Child Mentioned)
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic
    2014- Son born in May via IVF
    2015 - BFP number two via FET

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ShayLatrice that sounds so nice! I would love to head out to Cali and rent out a beach house and just read while soaking up the rays. But by the time the weather gets nice enough I will be gigantic. LOL 
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• Options
    @TerraMae80 is there somewhere local you can go that is tranquil and beautiful that you can put your feet up with a nice book?

2009-2013 6 Clomid Rounds which resulted in 3 Cysts/Had to take some time off from TTC
    10/2014 ~ BFP (Natural Pregnancy) after 3 months Acupuncture/Miscarriage at 10 wks
    7/2015 ~ Med Protocol#1: Failed Cycle/Only 1 Egg/Unable to convert to IUI because thin uterus lining

10/28/15 ~ Saline Ultrasound - Fibroids were gone. FET scheduled for December 3rd!

• Options
    Hello everyone! I don't have too much going on here. I'm just trying not to overanalyze my declining symptoms, and I'm working hard to keep the faith everything is going well! I can really get into my own head sometimes! My first OB appt is Thursday, and I'm excited to meet my new OB. I'm also anxious to see what goes on at the appt. I'm really hoping I'll at least be able to hear the heartbeat because I'm pretty sure I won't be getting another ultrasound for a few weeks. I'll only be 9w5d, so I'm going to assume it's too early for that. We'll see! Anyone already have or planning to purchase an at home fetal heartbeat monitor? I'm intrigued by it.

My husband and I have definitely discussed a babymoon, but we're having a hard time figuring out how far from home I'll feel comfortable (mentally v physically) traveling. We'd really love to go to a resort in Mexico. My husband was also thinking about Banff, Canada or Greece, which really makes me nervous distance-wise. I think I will want to just go to a chill, relaxing place, though it's also tempting to travel somewhere we may not be able to go to for a while after delivery. The best time for us to go on a babymoon is also right when my coworker returns from her maternity leave, and I am SO ready for the vacation! Doing 2 full-time jobs is way too taxing and draining, especially in early pregnancy! So, regardless of where we go, I can't wait!!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Options
    A baby moon sounds fun! I'll have to think of some ideas. I'm feeling really frustrated because I haven't been able to book an OB yet- one office didn't like that our insurance was changing February 1st and wanted to wait until then to even schedule me for an appt. I'm sorry but I'm not waiting until my second tri to have an appt. so I called another practice and I had to drive over my records and they need to look them over to see if they will accept me. With all my hormones I was very upset over this yesterday. I hope everyone is having a peaceful start to the New Year!
  • Options
    BrightenMySkyBrightenMySky member
    edited January 2016
    Posting in the check in for the first time, although I have already received great support from this board...feeling more confident after seeing and hearing the heartbeat this morning at 7w6d.  My RE told me this morning that I am welcome to come in if I have any issues, but basically released me to my OB.  I have an appointment with her scheduled for later this week (RE had said she'd probably want me to come in 2-3 weeks, but OB office wanted to schedule me for this week).  

As far as a babymoon, we had been planning to do a big intnl trip (Asia--we are on the East Coast of the US), and that will fall right at the beginning of second tri, so hopefully will be ok!  

ETA my EDD is 8/18...right around my birthday :)
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Options
    @riveridgional I bought an at home fetal heartbeat monitor right around my 9 weeks. I waited to try it out until 11-12 weeks and I did hear the heartbeat. Although I know it can become an obsession for some, I am glad I had it. It kept me sane to hear her in between appointments. I get to hear her at each OB appointment as my doc has a Doppler, but there are still times that I panic (I too tend to get inside my head a bit) and need to just hear her. Now that I'm starting to feel her (a bit late due to my anterior placenta) I feel much more at ease. Good luck at your first OB appointment!
    Married for 4 years. TTC for 3.
    Me: 38 DH: 39
    DX: Unexplained Infertility; found a few fibroids this time around during SIS

March 2012: Clomid for 3 cycles  3 BFNs
    Sept. 2013: started injectables (Follistim, Ovidrel Trigger) IUI BFN

May 2015: New RE. Going IVF. Tests, Tests, Tests 
    July 2015: Microdose Lupron 20u am & pm, Follistim 150iu 75iu am, Menapur 150iu 75iu pm
    Triggered 8/4 ER 8/6 ET 8/11 2 beautiful blastocysts; 2WW
    8/19 hpt BFP! Beta 8/25: 482
    2nd Beta 9/1......3707
    U/S 9/21: 1 beautiful little gummy bear

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @krbjoy Thanks! Which one did you get and do you recommend it? I found a wusic one that is pretty affordable and seems to have great reviews, but I also don't want to waste money if it doesn't really work well or consistently.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

• Options
    I'm just hanging around waiting for my ultrasound next week (6w1d today).  My symptoms are getting worse - exhaustion and nausea increasing - and they seem so early this time around.  Maybe I'm just more aware of it or have less time to baby myself with a toddler hanging on my leg?  I'm not sure.  

No baby moon planned.  My hubby was unemployed for part of 2015, so I'd love to go somewhere, but I really feel like we should be saving instead of spending.  My sister did offer to take our DD for a weekend so maybe we'll have a stay-cation or rent a hotel room somewhere nearby.  :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    mechelita44mechelita44 member
    edited January 2016
    Hi! Today I am 12 weeks, only 1 more week left in my first trimester --- which is crazy because this pregnancy either feels like it's moving at a snails pace or rocket speed! I kind of freaked out Monday after some brown spotting / discharge... called my OB and spoke to a Nurse and said this was 'nothing to go crazy over.' I am trying really, really hard to trust what she said, but it's still hard not to worry. After about 36 hours of freak out mode, I think I feel a little better and am ready to move on and be a normal, pregnant person again. I think... 

Regarding a babymoon, my hubby and I are planning to go away in April. I will be at the tail end of my second trimester / just starting my third. If my doctor is OK with me traveling internationally at that time then we are thinking of visiting southern Spain. If that's too far, then maybe the Virgin Islands, Costa Rica, Siesta Key, or somewhere in southern California. My hubby and I aren't good resort / sit on the beach people so planning a vacation while I'm 7 months pregnant has been a little bit of a challenge.
  • Options
    mechelita44mechelita44 member
    edited January 2016
    Okay well, I tried to be a normal person... and then I called the doctor again. They had me come in for an ultrasound this afternoon and everything is FINE! They said the spotting could also have been a result of the IVF. I saw our little nugget again and it's strong heartbeat so I feel so much better :smile: :smile: :smile: 

• Options
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad you went in and got to see the LO! 
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• Options
    Always better to make sure everything is ok @mechelita44

• Options
    Hi all. 6 w today. So surreal! I've been feeling completely normal. So obviously I freaked out. And then I had some spotting so I freaked out some more. Sigh. Feeling like complete crap today so yeah. I'm convinced I'm still pregnant.
    Hubs and I keep putting off a long weekend to Portland so maybe we will do that. He has absolutely no vacation time so we will have to see. Ugh! Changing jobs when he did has been hard. But what you gonna do?
  • Options
    @riveridgional That is exactly the one I bought! From Amazon. It works great. DH finds the HB right away every time. We don't use the headphones though. We hook it up to our little mini speaker. Aloe gel works as a great "lube" lol. Also, it came with a gift card for some online music place that you can get personalized songs to download for baby. Kinda cute.
    Married for 4 years. TTC for 3.
    Me: 38 DH: 39
    DX: Unexplained Infertility; found a few fibroids this time around during SIS

March 2012: Clomid for 3 cycles  3 BFNs
    Sept. 2013: started injectables (Follistim, Ovidrel Trigger) IUI BFN

May 2015: New RE. Going IVF. Tests, Tests, Tests 
    July 2015: Microdose Lupron 20u am & pm, Follistim 150iu 75iu am, Menapur 150iu 75iu pm
    Triggered 8/4 ER 8/6 ET 8/11 2 beautiful blastocysts; 2WW
    8/19 hpt BFP! Beta 8/25: 482
    2nd Beta 9/1......3707
    U/S 9/21: 1 beautiful little gummy bear

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @krbjoy I'm so excited then!! I bought it last night, and it's already shipped. So, hopefully it'll be here soon!! Since I was able to hear the heartbeat at my OB appt yesterday with a doppler, I figured it would be a good time to get it, especially since I have to wait 4 weeks for the next appointment. I'd like to hear the heartbeat the first day of my second trimester to breathe a little easier!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• Options
    Morning ladies! I didn't know where to post this because it can be used from 10 weeks and on, but I just got a call from my doc about doing my NT screening. Because I have been through this before, I called the office that I went to when I was PG with Noah (DS) and scheduled my NT (down syndrome) testing.

My doc calls me and tells me that there is a new invasive way of doing the screening now for high-risk (old) moms. lol I laugh because I'm high-risk now that I'm 35 and will be 36 when my second is born. So anywho, this new way of testing is by blood. On top of that, I will find out the sex of the baby. OMG! I will only be 12 weeks. It's called Free Cell DNA.

I'm doing some reading up on it. But shoot, if I don't have to bother my baby at all and just give blood I'm all for it. I'm stoked to find the sex of the baby as well, but I'm a little sad I'll miss out on the "It's a ____!" Ultrasound. Ya know?

But how crazy is this!???
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• Options
    WOW.. that sounds so freaking awesome and scientific. We were gonna do a gender reveal at the baby shower and find out with everyone else, but now that I got 2 growing I think I wanna know what I'm having.  

• Options
    Isn't it insane?? I want to know the sex, but I'm like, wow, I wasn't ready to know this early, but now I am, I don't know HAHAH
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• Options
    I just had my first OB appointment and have scheduled the NT scan and bloodwork, but apparently the bw they will do is not the test you are talking about @TerraMae80.  I need to call insurance to see if they will pay for this other test (I'm 31), but I want it.  I like information.  
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Options
    My sister in law is 35 and is due 7/14 and she had that same blood test @TerraMae80. She just found out she's having a boy :blush: I had my NT scan at my first OB appointment, they also suggested I get a Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) test. I don't have any risk but the hospital likes mother's to get one I guess. Of course it's not covered by insurance. Anyone know anything about this test?
  • Options
    @ShayLatrice - how did I miss that you're having twins?  Am I living under a rock!??  Identical twins after your single FET?  How freaking exciting is that?  Congratulations!

I'm planning to do the blood test.  @BrightenMySky - call your insurance, but I'm guessing they won't cover it, unless you're high risk for some reason for chromosomal abnormality.
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    @mechelita44 I just looked up the SMA testing. I've never heard of that test being done, but it makes sense. 
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• Options
    I'm really nervous about the testing. For the pain/procedure part and the less than 1% risk. I'm a worrier so not sure what we will do, or whether knowing something was wrong would even affect our choices:/
  • Options
    Is this where I can introduce myself? I'm 5w1d EDD 9/8 after a successful FET (1 embryo). We did a fresh transfer last June that was also successful but unfortunately I miscarried in July. We ended up getting our embryos PGS tested and out of the batch only one was normal. We're cautiously optimistic with this one but I'm still really nervous. I had 3 beta tests this week and things are looking great (today's beta was 3098). I go on 1/19 for my first ultrasound.
  • Options
    @emsmama15 I'm still in shock myself. Yes, we only transferred one embryo and it decided it wanted to split. Hubby and I are trying to re do all our plans to accommodate 2 babies and not 1. We thought we had or figured it out but now 2 everything is like whoa!

• Options
    HBamama2BHBamama2B member
    edited January 2016
    The FCDNA tests are great for those getting them! They are generally only covered by insurance if you are 35 or older at time of birth. They give a ton of information beyond sex of the baby into any chromosomal risks. I had mine done as well as the NT screening. If you are finding out the sex by ultrasound that's usually at 20 wks although you can pay for an elective as early as 14 if you really need to. With the blood test they asked if I wanted to know the sex, so you get a choice. :) good luck all! Happy to see so many ladies in first tri to start off the new year!