August 2015 Moms
Options

at work... guilt...

At work and 2 hours after I drop LO off at daycare... I get an email that he was so fussy to the point of screaming after he ate because he was so congested... they settled him down and got his nose unclogged and now he's comfortable and happy... but I feel so terrible and guilty that he needed me and I wasn't there : (  at 5 months I think he now realizes when mom or dad isn't around :(

Re: at work... guilt...

• Options
    Awww I feel for you!  Working mom guilt is tough!  Glad that they got him under control and happy again, though :)
    I feel like I'm always dreading that call or e-mail that LO was inconsolable.  It hasn't happened yet, but during fussy mornings it always crosses my mind as a possibility.  A few weeks ago I had the "your baby just threw up three times" call and I was so distressed by it because I wasn't there right away to hug him and make him better.
    We just switched daycares and he started at the new one today.  He's definitely already dealing with stranger anxiety, and I feel so bad because he got used to his old daycare teachers and now he has new ones to get used to. He was not happy when I left this morning and I could hear it as I was walking out the door.  Breaks my heart because I would love to be with him all day every day if I could!   
  • Options
    irohspupilirohspupil member
    edited January 2016
    I can't exactly relate because I'm a SAHM, but I just wanted to give you creepy internet hugs.
    My parents watch LO overnight once a week so I can get one full night of rest. I feel guilty about that and even worse when they text me that she's getting really fussy, and they get the feeling that she wants Mommy. The guilt for just wanting one night of rest without waking up often with LO often makes me feel like a bad mom.
    You aren't bad or hurting LO for dropping them off. LO will be just fine, and they'll always get you back. <3

ETA: that looks a little rambly. Sorry-- running on little sleep.

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ah man this makes me nervous! We start daycare in two weeks and I'm having so much guilt/anxiety already! I feel horrible that someone else will be pretty much raising my child!
  • Options
    My daycare makes it a policy not to call unless they are sick enough to be required to go home or unless i request them to check in, specifically so they don't send moms into a tizzy. Funny story, LO had a low fever yesterday from teething, i gave him some tylenol, but he was acting kind of wierd, i considered staying home with him, but was concerned because i was already off for 5 days over the holiday. I took him to daycare, told them to call me if need be. When i picked him up they told me, he had one of his best days ever, he was so happy and good! Shows what i know.. :(
  • Options
    @ksimon23.  It's hard, but think of the positives, too! I like that LO is getting to know new people, and the nice part is that it's the same people every day that he's developing relationships with.  Also, this morning when I dropped him off, he was totally grinning at another baby in the room.  The anxiety is always there that he's going to need his mommy and I'm not going to be there, but the reality is that daycare will never replace my role as mom, and our time outside of work / daycare is so much more special now.
  • Options
    As one who had to return to work at 10 days PP, it gets easier. I promise. L is now 5 months, has been at daycare for 4.5 of them, and he still prefers me to the ladies he spends most of his days with. I still occasionally feel guilty but he gets to socialize, have access to other toys that I don't have, and he also has a routine that helps him feel safe and comfortable.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    As one who had to return to work at 10 days PP, it gets easier. I promise. L is now 5 months, has been at daycare for 4.5 of them, and he still prefers me to the ladies he spends most of his days with. I still occasionally feel guilty but he gets to socialize, have access to other toys that I don't have, and he also has a routine that helps him feel safe and comfortable.

10 days, wow that must have been really hard.

I agree. I feel completely comfortable with his daycare and I can tell he really enjoys being around other kids. He cant take his eyes off all the kids and he just smiles. Also, he goes to a smaller in home daycare and the two ladies that run it are really caring. They emailed me yesterday on our day off to find out how he was doing.