Pregnant after a Loss

Tentative Introduction *loss mentioned*

edited January 2016 in Pregnant after a Loss
*additional trigger warning for second loss*

Hi, I'm Lizzie. I'm 26 and DH is 34, and this will be our 3rd pregnancy. It's still very early and we are unable to get really excited because we are afraid it won't stick. If it does, it will be our first child.

Our first loss was a whirlwind for us - I got KU on birth control and we didn't realize I was pregnant because my period wasn't coming on the pill. I hadn't had a period for 4 months - and one day I had light spotting. It was Christmas 2013 and we didn't think anything of it, but by New Years I was having bad morning sickness and other symptoms. I found out Jan 2 I was pregnant, and out 8w5d. Jan 10 I had so much pain and blood - I went to the ER and they told me I was miscarrying. It was all so strange for us, but since we didn't have a lot of time to process it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

This year we started TTC in August and got KU first try and on Oct 15 when we went in for the 8wk ultrasound the heartbeat stopped IN THE MIDDLE. One second there was a heartbeat then suddenly they couldn't see it. I was traumatized. We did 3 subsequent ultrasounds before they declared the baby gone.

Dec was our first cycle TTCAL and now that we are sure we are pregnant (and it's not a CP) we are calling the doc on Monday to get levels drawn and schedule an early ultrasound to make sure it's all viable and not ectopic or molar.

Long intro, anyone who stuck with, thank you! I'm looking forward to being here and STAYING here hopefully, and finding support like I did in the TTCAL board.

A bit about me, though - I am an avid pole dancer (not an exotic dancer!!!) and I love to stretch and stay in shape. Still trying to lose some inches before I get so far in that I can't, though. I'm a nursing school student and DH is a doctor and we are cautiously optimistic. Our current mantra: 'Today there's a baby and I am pregnant.'

Eta for additional trigger warning
TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
MC #1 - 1/10/2014
MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Tentative Introduction *loss mentioned*

• Congrats on the pregnancy and I'm sorry for the previous losses! I love your mantra. I try to stick with the same thoughts. Enjoy what you have today and worry about tomorrow when it comes.
  • Congrats on this pregnancy. I hope you get to have a happy and healthy 9 months and beyond!
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats and welcome!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Congrats! FX for a happy and healthy 9 months for you!
  • Thank you! And the same for all of you! I am continuing my normal exercises and regular routines in the meantime and acting as if I'm not pregnant. (Except the whole not drinking, eating healthy, etc.) And once I make it through the first trimester I will be relieved enough to start finally being excited.
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• I had two losses and am now 10w1d with my third pregnancy. I think this one is going to make it. I'm getting the MaterniT21 test done tomorrow, so fingers crossed that goes well. I hope the third time is the charm for you. Good luck!!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Welcome & congratulations on your BFP! I'm so sorry about your previous losses, it's never easy. That's crazy about the heart beat, what an emotional roller coaster that must have been. Sending you positive thoughts and prayers! Today you are pregnant!
  • edited January 2016
    @CarrieandRoy FX for your tests! I don't know much about the MaterniT21 but DH and I are going to start looking into them shortly. I'm only 4 weeks but we figure we can schedule the testing when I talk to my OB this week.

@mommaseal thank you! I am trying to stay as positive as possible and I say that to myself every morning! My last loss was the worst, but I'm determined - it was just a chromosomal abnormality and it won't happen again this time! At least statistically the chances are good that it won't.

Edit for testing typo - apparently autocorrect didn't like the name of the genetics test. Lol.
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Fingers crossed for you and your little one.  Congratulations on your pregnancy!!
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • @FireInWonderland, since you're only 26, you probably won't have that test done. From what I understand, it costs thousands of dollars. It's covered for me because I'm 37. (Advanced maternal age, as they so flatteringly call it.)
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Congratulations wishing you a happy and healthy none months
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @CarrieandRoy that's good to know. I know there are trisomy tests and a downs test, but I can't remember the names (and I'm too lazy to look them up right now. Lol). In the meantime I'm just hoping for a solid u/s and good betas.

@bntfroggie @bgf1 Thank you!!
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker