Pregnant after a Loss

spotting

Woke up this morning to brown spotting. Its still light right now but its every time I wipe. I'm 5w4d and have had 2 previous mc both before 8 wks that started the same. I'm on progesterone this time and baby aspirin and was praying this new year would be different. Won't be able to go into have anything checked until Monday so this will be an excruciatingly long weekend. I'm a mess right now, I know it can go either way. Just was hoping I didn't have any issues this time. So much for a happy new year

Re: spotting

• Doesn't it always seem like these things happen on the days we can't get in to see a doctor?

I'm so sorry you are experiencing this stress. I had some brief brown spotting at the beginning of this pregnancy and I thought I was throwing in the towel and that I was done. But everything has been progressing nicely since. They say all the time that brown spotting can be ok since it is old blood. I'm praying for you that the progesterone and baby aspirin and helping things to stay stuck. As hard as the advice is, I recommend not worrying about it. The only way I can get through some of these scares is to say "if its going to happen, it will happen. There is nothing I can do right now." (I actually just told myself this 30 minutes ago when I was starting to have a freak out). Think positive thoughts, drink lots of water, and rest and relax.

Update us with how you are doing and don't forget that you can always go in to the emergency department if you need immediate help. You don't have to wait for your doctor until Monday. Or call the OBs on call and see what they recommend.

Sending positive vibes to you!

(So sorry for the previous miscarriages!)
  • I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope it turns out to be nothing!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the support it is much appreciated! I did call the on call earlier and she said I can go to the ER if I start cramping otherwise Monday I will go first thing to check things out and to get my Rh shot since I'm O-. But theres been no more spotting since this morning. Hopefully it was just one of those moments. I'm bed resting it for the rest of the day and drinking plenty of water. I will keep updating. Thanks again!
  • I'm sorry you're going through this!! I hope it turns out to be nothing. Hugs!
  • @AprilV421 hoping all goes well !! I'm going through the exact same thing with pretty much replica story to yours!

It's hard to stay positive but gotta have faith regardless it'll work out for the best
  • Thanks! So far there has been no more spotting since yesterday morning. But of course now I'm symptom spotting and am freaking myself out that everything's disappeared. Its ridiculous. I'm still bloated but my boobs barely hurt now. I will go first thing Monday to have my levels checked. Can't decide if I want to have an u/s yet. Ive had them the past two pregnancies and it showed everything fine and I lost them anyway. So I really hate paying for them and having a print out pic and then being devastated. So I may just keep it at a 9 week u/s
  • How far along are you @xtina22312
  • 5 weeks exactly, my previous loss this happened right at the same time with Sam symptoms. My spotting now is like a little brown off and on but I've been Mildly cramp the entire time. Trying to stay positive.
  • Thinking good thoughts for both of us! Let's hang in there! Are you on progesterone too? Is it oral pill? And what's the mg? Mines 100mg once a day. But everyone else that I've spoken with had 200mg a day. So I ended up taking 2 yesterday because I was freaking.
  • Agreed!! It's oral 200mg once a day
  • Yea glad I did that. I'll ask my doctor about upping if Monday. Good luck. Keep me posted!
  • Ugh I hate this for you. That's how all 3 of my losses started, too. But with this pregnancy I had it for a few hours in the beginning (maybe like 4-5 weeks?) and was basically ready to throw in the towel. I'm 15+1 today with no spotting since then and hopefully no more now that I've said that. So I chalked the spotting up to maybe old implantation bleeding? I hope that's all this us for you.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm hoping! Mine didn't even last for hours it was just like in a 20 min period I kept wiping and checking and like 4 times in a row it was there. And it progressed each time but its been gone since. All the technology these days you'd think they'd have some home u/s machine thingamabob that we could have to ease our minds.
  • That's great!! Hopefully just old blood for u, mine was only (tmi stringy like) like AM since then I've been checking neurotically but just very very faint brown tinged. Hopefully this is a good sign for both of us!
  • Update***
    Went to the doctor this morning because I had to get my Rh shot. Haven't had any more spotting so they just drew blood to check my levels and I'll get those results in the morning then go back Wed to make sure they're going up. And she also moved up my first ultrasound appt to 8weeks instead of 9. I was nervous she was going to insist on me getting it today but since I'm only 6 weeks anyways it wouldn't show much. Hoping my exam won't cause me to spot more but she said it may because my cervix looked vascular (more sensitive) with blood traveling there from the pregnancy. Hope everyone else is doing good this morning. Keeping good thoughts for everyone. And she said to keep taking 2 of my progesterone pills and she will call me in a prescription for the 200mg to continue
  • @AprilV421 glad u got a good check!!! I've had no more spotting either since Saturday
  • Great news for both of you!! Fx for awesome levels!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • FX for good results! Positive thoughts! You are pregnant today! Please keep us updated!
    *Side note* my boobs didn't hurt at all and I was convinced I lost the baby again... Turns out they just aren't as sore this pregnancy. Symptoms come and go, try not to rely on them for reassurance. It's hard, I know. ((Hugs))
  • Hcg levels were 6,000 on 6weeks exactly (estimated from LMP) waiting on progesterone levels. Go back tomorrow morning for second blood draw, with results Thursday morning. Super duper prayers that I'm doubling like I should be.
  • Fingers crossed for your second blood draw!

I had pink spotting this morning and totally freaked out. I called the dr and they had me come in for an u/s a few hours later. Thankfully everything is okay, but I was sick with worry for a while there.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Progesterone was 24 so that looked good too. (They just called)

It is the most gut wrenching experience. So glad everything looked good for you!!! That's such a relief!
  • @CarrieandRoy glad all was okay!
  • @CarrieandRoy ugh no one needs that kind of stress.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • To be honest, I'm still a little freaked out about it. I was in a daze at the dr's office, so I had trouble focusing. The u/s tech saw the heartbeat, but I didn't. I'd feel better if I had seen it myself. My mom was with me and she told me at the time that she saw it, but when we talked later, she said, "it was the red flashing thing, right?" I have no idea what she's talking about. I should have asked the tech what the heart rate was.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)

• To be honest, I'm still a little freaked out about it. I was in a daze at the dr's office, so I had trouble focusing. The u/s tech saw the heartbeat, but I didn't. I'd feel better if I had seen it myself. My mom was with me and she told me at the time that she saw it, but when we talked later, she said, "it was the red flashing thing, right?" I have no idea what she's talking about. I should have asked the tech what the heart rate was.
    You could probably call and ask.  <3 I'm sorry love.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Yay, that's great!
  • My levels only went up to 6,700 in 2 days... Not a good sign. Going in for an ultrasound today at 1:00. Even if the u/s is good I have experienced a good u/s before and still not made it to 8 weeks. Kinda just sad right now. Was hoping I would not have the stress of waiting each day like the last two mc.
  • Good luck @AprilV421 thoughts and prayers that's it's just one of those things!
  • Fingers crossed for you. Please keep us posted.
  • Well, u/s showed everything on track. Baby measured about 6w and HB was 111. My next appt is on the 19th. I want to stay positive but I also know I've been exactly here before and had the wind knocked out of me twice. Usually this next week to come the spotting will turn into bleeding and then I won't have cramping until I am actually mcing. Everyone is telling me I should think like this or I should feel like this and I just want to scream! I will not build myself up again because it is a much farther fall. So for now, yes I'm pregnant. And I am strongly leaning on God and praying constantly. But I can't let myself be happy or relieved or too optimistic. And I know you other ladies have had those same thoughts. Its such a difficult road that I never seen myself taking. I'm a healthy 23 year old. Hope everyone else had a good day. I just needed to rant a little. Thanks for listening.
  • I'm so sorry you have to have those feelings due to prior loss. I'll pray for you and your bean. No one can tell you how to feel just take care of your self and that little bean you saw today.
  • Can totally relate. Hoping it turns out positively. Keeping you in my T&P.
  • I'm sorry mama. And yes, you are a mama. I can relate. And bottom line is the waiting sucks. Hugs to you over the next week and a half.
  • @AprilV421 I've been there as well! It's not fun and I understand how it's hard to try to stay positive and get optimistic. For me to make time pass faster it helped to do stuff that took my mind off pregnancy for a while. Like read a good book, meet friends or do stuff with SO. Wish you good luck and got my fingers crossed for you!
  • I'm so sorry you're going through this. Feel whatever your feeling. I had to have a talk with my mother once because she was so insistent on positive thinking that she wouldn't let me express how hard it was TTC at 37 after two losses. Suppressing bad feelings doesn't make them go away. It just makes you feel alone. With that being said, I do wish that you'll have a good outcome. We're here if you need us.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)

• Thank you @CarrieandRoy. That's exactly what I mean. I had to tell my sister the other day when I started spotting, she wanted to go shopping or play games or go to eat And I was like no! I just want to be sad today. I'm doing better getting through each day and praying for the next but at first I just want to feel what I feel.
  • after 3 full days with no spotting at all.... tonight I went to the bathroom and brown discharge once again. as soon as I drop my guard a little and get kind of excited I'm quickly reminded not to. frustrating as hell.
  • I'm sorry you have to deal with this! Have you called your OB and let him/her know about the spotting? They might want you to come in so they can check. Thoughts and prayers for you