Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

finally a positive ovulation test!

So I got off of my birth control in October of 2013 and we started trying. My period came back completely in October of 2014 and again were been trying. I finally started using a bunch of different ovulation apps to pin point my big O and then yesterday I got a peak sign on the clear blue digital ovulation test! We had sex the day before and day of the test and I'm super hopeful!! I have thought forbears there was a possibility that I couldn't conceive or carry to term after a pattern of early miscarriages. The idea of not ovulating was a big issue in my head and then I got that positive test! I really hope we're getting our miracle baby!!

Re: finally a positive ovulation test!

• Options
    ladeuce13ladeuce13 member
    edited December 2015
    Me: 37, DH: 44
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Canada

• Options
    MrsDho11MrsDho11 member
    edited December 2015
    I'm sorry for your losses.
     As for starting a thread for your  positive OPK:

Edit:  That was weird.  TB took out my words and just posted the GIF...
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Loading the player...
  • Options

So I got off of my birth control in October of 2013 and we started trying. My period came back completely in October of 2014 and again were been trying. I finally started using a bunch of different ovulation apps to pin point my big O and then yesterday I got a peak sign on the clear blue digital ovulation test! We had sex the day before and day of the test and I'm super hopeful!! I have thought forbears there was a possibility that I couldn't conceive or carry to term after a pattern of early miscarriages. The idea of not ovulating was a big issue in my head and then I got that positive test! I really hope we're getting our miracle baby!!

QFP.

I'm sorry for your losses, you may want to put a TW in your title. If you're concerned about not ovulating then you really should be temping. Ovulation apps take a guess and opks just detect a surge which can happen with or without ovulation.

There is a daily TWW and WTO thread where this would have made more sense. No need to post your own thread every time you ovulate. Please read the pinned posts and lurk around to get a feel for the community.

Image result for bobs burger gifs

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadeaa27518d817eb3a350c501028155427jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload6bbb16d010206d10646648f568faa060jpg

• Options

If you've been off BC since 2013 and been having frequent sex, you should go see an RE.....

• Options

TTGP August Siggy Challenge: Best Movie Insults
    AbominationStupid head

Lilo and Stitch (2002)     
  • Options
    That's great you had a peak sign, truly. I haven't had a positive opk the entire 12 months we've been trying, so.... I'm sure that's exciting for you.... But if I did finally turn an opk, that's NOT how I would introduce myself to this group. Tons of very supportive women here, I can assure you of that... But really, take time to lurk, read the rules, introduce yourself, THEN share good news on the wto/tww threads when we've had a chance to know how lovely you are. I hope that makes sense and doesn't come across too rude. Welcome to TB. I wish you a short and sweet stay. Join us on the tww/wto threads, it will make your ttc journey much less lonely!

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• Options
    Lulucooks said:

If you've been off BC since 2013 and been having frequent sex, you should go see an RE.....
    Anticipated qbf

And this.

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• Options
    Well, that's lovely.

However, I highly suggest reading the sticky threads, lurking a bit more, and participating in the daily WTO/TWW (waiting to ovulate/two week wait) threads. We don't really condone a whole new thread for the purpose of telling us you got a positive OPK. That's more appropriate for the WTO thread's R/R/CS (rant/rave/chart stalk) section.
    A whole new thread for an introduction to let us know who the hell you are, though.. that's something we definitely encourage.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    Like PPs mentioned, you should be temping to pinpoint ovulation. Apps just go off of averages and aren't nessecarily accurate for you. And positive OPKs don't nessecarily equal ovulation. Only temping and US can accurately pinpoint ovulation.

Plus, what everyone else said.

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker