July 2016 Moms
Options

UO Thursday

Re: UO Thursday

• Options
    @SparkySunshine I don't mind the texture but I avoid it because it gets stuck in my teeth which drives me crazy! Especially right now when flossing makes me gag so bad it's not worth it.
    Me: 33  DH: 31
    Married: 8/9/2010
    3 Furbabies - Kumo, Mal, and Lynx!
    Started TTC August 2014
    BFP #1 - 12/16/14 EDD 8/22/15 - MMC and D&C 1/23/15
    BFP #2 - 7/10/15 EDD 3/20/16- chemical pregnancy, ended 7/16/15
    BFP #3 - 11/12/15 EDD 7/21/16 - wishing and hoping for a sticky little bean!

July'16 BMB May Siggy Challenge - Star Wars:

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    NerdchildNerdchild member
    edited December 2015

The term "nub" makes me cringe. Quit obsessing over your kid's genitals. In the end, it makes no friggin difference.

Okay, I'm only letting this thought vomit out because you brought it up.

Everytime I read the word 'nub' in that thread I thought about this guy my husband deployed with who had lost both of his legs on a previous deployment. He told everyone to call him 'Sergeant Stumpy' and would take his prosthetics off and brandish his stumps at people.

Thank you for letting me get that out of my brain. It was festering there.
  • Options
    My dog just climbed on the counter and stole all of our remaining candy canes while I was napping and threw up peppermint + dog food all over my kitchen. I of course immediately also threw up. And I'd like to change my opinion on disowning our dogs... He's in the laundry room bed in time out and I'm deciding wether I want him to live or not >:(
  • Options
    My food related UO: I don't like ice cream. Sometimes chocolate gelato hits the spot, but mostly I'll take a nice citrus sorbet. 

And Chicago mix popcorn is the tits. 

• Options
    I think the US of A needs a good plague. There's another U/O.

Me: 30, DH: 31

Married: May 16th 2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Natinat6 its OK, I won't hold it against you. As long as you don't put me on your post-it of shame! ;)
  • Options
    I always thought polio looked like fun
  • Options
    Just my two cents (not that anyone cares) on the spread out of vaccines. Why? Why would you put you baby (and mom) through more doctors appointments that are traumatic? If I could have gotten them all for my daughter at the same time I would have just to spare me from the ear splitting screams she had after each visit. It breaks my heart. But the 30 seconds of pain is so worth the coverage it gives them against the worst diseases!

No really big UO's from me this week. I need to think of a good one for next week!
  • Options

Honest question, is delayed schedule for vaccines really bad? I have a friend spread them out a little because she just hated seeing her son go through so many at one time. I didn't think it was that big of a deal? Not sure now.

Delayed isn't bad as long as they get them all. I don't understand it because you are just bringing your kid in for shots more often than just having them jabbed 5 times at once. It really is easier to just do it all at once and I honestly think less traumatic for the kid. I think shots are honestly harder on the parent sometimes.

• Options
    My UO is that this app always says "you have to be logged in to do that" when I am logged in and have to log out and back in again and find what I wanted to like or comment on.
    Also, that I went to pick up my Rx and they wouldn't give it to me because the pharmacist was at lunch and they had to be there for some stupid reason...well let me tell you, sir, you're lucky I don't vomit on you right now so go f yourself for not having another pharmacist on duty.
  • Options

I'd never thought about a call out thread but the other day I was thinking it'd be nice for us to have a love a bumpie thread for all our favorite people. There are some posters I definitely enjoy so they are on my "faves list." 

We could do both? I love the positive shout out idea board as well
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Not sure that this is an u/o but hubs and I do not intend to take our newborn out in public for the first two months at least (mostly because of anti-vaxxers.) when we shared this information at a Christmas gathering with aunts, uncles, parents and grandparents, it became a huge shitfest where everyone was shocked and laughed at us. Normally a great family, but I really felt ganged up on when it came to this conversation.
  • Options
    pandaferh said:

Not sure that this is an u/o but hubs and I do not intend to take our newborn out in public for the first two months at least (mostly because of anti-vaxxers.) when we shared this information at a Christmas gathering with aunts, uncles, parents and grandparents, it became a huge shitfest where everyone was shocked and laughed at us. Normally a great family, but I really felt ganged up on when it came to this conversation.

You do you. Personally I would go nuts. I have to get out and about and plus it is summer!
  • Options
    On the delayed schedule thing, I think some folks want to delay also because if the kid has some kind of reaction they'd be better able to identify. The taking the kid in more often argument won't work with them bc they'll say their kid's health is more important than the extra time it takes.

I'm not at all against a delayed schedule (I'm not talking a year here). I also don't necessarily think vaccines cause autism, but that doesn't mean I 100% trust what's in them. And I work in healthcare. UO.
  • Options
    @LilLambie maybe let everyone know this requirement in advance? If MiL were to get the vaccine now, it wouldn't affect her ability to see her grandchild in any way so no one could be mad.
  • Options
    On the delayed schedule thing, I think some folks want to delay also because if the kid has some kind of reaction they'd be better able to identify. The taking the kid in more often argument won't work with them bc they'll say their kid's health is more important than the extra time it takes. I'm not at all against a delayed schedule (I'm not talking a year here). I also don't necessarily think vaccines cause autism, but that doesn't mean I 100% trust what's in them. And I work in healthcare. UO.
    I get where you're coming from. I definitely feel uncomfortable with a lot of medications and try to choose supplements/homeopathy at every possible opportunity. But I'm not cool with the idea of my kid or another person contracting a possible deadly disease because I didn't vaccinate. 

I have a lot of friends who have vaccinated on a delayed schedule, and I can't say I know enough about the argument for that approach to really understand it. I'm just thankful they vaccinate at all. 

• Options
    @elenabrent Agree. I feel like if you're getting one a week, fine. If you're getting one every six months, I'm gonna raise my eyebrows for sure.
  • Options
    @pandaferh I'm telling everyone when I officially announce. 'Hey guys I'm expecting. Better go get your booster shots or you won't be near bubs for a while'.

@PinkLady2015 Dh's aunt is like that. She believes red cabbage juice and garlic will cure anything. Funny thing is she's always sick. Her and her son will not be entering my house until I have a Dr's note.

Little boy due July 31st 2016

• Options

I also don't want anyone kissing my baby on the mouth, as weird as that sounds to type, I'm not feeling it. And it is because the human mouth is disgusting.

I would be weirded out if someone other than myself of DH kissed the baby on the mouth.
  • Options
    @thebigoaktree Omg. Weird! a) who does that?!? And b) how do you prevent it? I wouldn't know someone was going to do that until it was too late...
  • Options
    A mini rant in response to what @LilLambie brought up:
    I had that same rule when my DD was born and my own mother swore her, my dad and my younger siblings that live at home had all just gotten them. I trusted her, moved on, nbd. When my DD was a few months old my mother casually started bitching that she had to schedule an appointment for my dad and it was on inconvenience blah blah. I asked what for, she said she got a notice saying he was due for Whooping cough vaccine! I bitched at my mom up one side and down the other. She told me they all had gotten it right before my DD was born!
    Point is, if your MIL tells you she got it, will you believe her?
  • Options
    BostonBaby1BostonBaby1 member
    edited January 2016

Honest question, is delayed schedule for vaccines really bad? I have a friend spread them out a little because she just hated seeing her son go through so many at one time. I didn't think it was that big of a deal? Not sure now.

I think that modified schedule is probably what you're talking about? Modify just means that they spread them out and as long as you're OK taking the baby and more often, it's just as effective. You just can't forget to bring them back in for the rest of their shots.

We can never do a "bitch out a bumpie" thread... The Admins would get ban happy and the thing would be shut down in a hot second. TOU states you must "maintain a welcoming environment."

*auttocorrect fail
  • Options
    I wish someone would try to kiss my kid in the mouth. They would get the cuss out of their lives. Humph!
  • Options
    I don't mouth kiss anyone but DH, not even my baby. I kiss the heck out of cheeks, but I'm so not a mouth kisser!
  • Options
    @SparkySunshine  I love a cheek kiss! But I agree. My husband is the only person who I mouth kiss.