2nd Trimester
Options

Please tell me what this is!!

brittykirkerbrittykirker member
edited January 2016 in 2nd Trimester
I'm freaking out right now. I'm seeing another face in my ultrasound. Can somebody please explain to me what this could be or am I really having twins. I didn't notice this until I got home!!

Re: Please tell me what this is!!

• Options
    I read somewhere that it's some kind of mirror image type thing caused by the ultrasound technology. I think if it was twins your doctor would ha e said that!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Looks like a mirror image of your baby's face. You would definitely see another fetus if it was there.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Yeah I was 17 weeks 2 days when they took these. It just had me freaked out. I didn't notice it till I got home and my mom actually pointed it out to me. But thanks for your feedback guys it is aprechiated!
  • Options
    i dont see another face anywhere on the scan. then again, I'm not a US tech. if you were having twins, the tech would have told you. you're far enough along that they would be able to tell.
  • Options

I'm freaking out right now. I'm seeing another face in my ultrasound. Can somebody please explain to me what this could be or am I really having twins. I didn't notice this until I got home!!

They would definitely be able to tell you already if there were twins. I could tell we had twins at our 6 week scan and I'm not a professional.
    And stranger danger!!!! Please take your photos down or take them down and put up edited versions without your personal information.
  • Options
    Looks like a Barbie head. Or my first thought was Micheal Myers from Halloween.
  • Options
    You would be able to see twins really clearly by now and usually from that angle (if you saw anything from the twin) you'd see a foot, arm or leg. What you're seeing could be any number of things but if it was something to worry about your tech or your doctor would say something.
    Expecting Double Trouble, April 2016