September 2016 Moms

2016 Resolutions!

jilligirl16jilligirl16 member
edited December 2015 in September 2016 Moms
Good Morning September 2016!

Share your New Year's resolutions, if you have any!

My resolutions are:

1. Not gain too much weight during this pregnancy. My first pregnancy I gained 45 pounds and even though I started at a normal weight, my doctor was not happy. Neither was I.

2. Another resolution is to enjoy my pregnancy more this time around. I was just not happy the first time. I was happy to be pregnant, but I had a tough time tolerating my symptoms. I'm going to be more accepting of the way things are.

Re: 2016 Resolutions!

• reesaXdenreesaXden member
    edited December 2015
    My resolutions are to just live in the moment. I tend to stress and worry a lot. I want to just take a breath and live in the here and now.
    I also want to cherish this pregnancy. The good, bad, and ugly. This will be our last and I want to make the absolute best of it!

If I could pick a work or "mantra" for 2016 it would be "completion". We hope to complete our family with our last little one and to buy our forever home. I want 2016 to be a year of completion and contentment.
  • My resolution is just to do everything I can to have a heathly pregnancy and baby. It is my only wish as well. :)
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• Loading the player...
  • My resolution is to be healthier and to have more energy for my DS now and the new bundle on the way. We live moderately healthy now and work out a few times a week, but splurge a little too often :) I used to be a runner before we had our first and have never gotten back into it.  Ive started yoga and strength training and love it, I just need to stick with it.  Thats the hardest part!  We were planning on jump starting the new year with the 21day fix, but I need to check with OB first to see if its safe.  I hope so bc Ive been looking forward to it! No booze, healthy controlled eating, moderate daily work outs... sounds so refreshing!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 0SeaMonkey00SeaMonkey0 member
    edited December 2015
    My resolution is to enjoy this pregnancy!  As long as everything goes well, it will be my last so I'd like to treat myself to some nice new maternity clothes that I feel good in and really enjoy all the "last firsts".
  • I want to try my best to revamp my makeup/cleaning products/lifestyle to be pregnancy safe.

I also want to put myself first a little more. Especially now when my body will need it!
  • Please let me know what your dr. says about the 21 day fix.  I bought it and was planning to do it and then realized i was pregnant! Thanks!
  • I'm pretty sure 21 day fix is ok! Obv check first but I think I've read that while I was on it. I saw a Q&A about it. BUT check the shakeology. There's a lot of stuff in it andb I've heard green tea isn't good in early PG and it has it in it among a ton of other similar ingredients
  • @Chickennugget6 I will! And if you want to start together we can help keep each other on track!  Ive read a lot into it and if you are before 14weeks you can do most of the exercises and should add 300 calories to your daily intake.  After 14 week it say to stay away from the exercises where you are flat on your back, or use a exercise ball, and you can sub the yoga for the higher intensity cardio workouts.  

@SDSwenson I read that too, I may just skip the shakes, esp since im taking prenatal vitamins, and maybe drink more juice, but no green tea!

• It sounds like we all have similar resolutions. 

My resolutions are to eat healthier and exercise more in order to (hopefully) make this pregnancy and labor easier. 

To to this, I plan on:
     - using my 2QT water bottles and drinking at least one of those per day
     - reducing unhealthy snack foods in my home, and buy more healthy stuff
     - calorie counting - if I'm hungry, I'm hungry and I'll eat regardless of how much I've had, but I'd at least like to keep track of what I'm consuming so that I can show it to my doctor should I need to.
     - getting out and walking more. I'm within walking distance to the commissary and PX, and my son needs to get out when the weather isn't gross. 
     - using my elliptical
     - light weight lifting
     - stretching
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• I actually don't make New Years Resolutions because I get disappointed when they're hard to keep. Instead every month I make micro resolutions - this month's is to take the sugar out of my diet and find new ways to cook healthier meals, and to do at least 10 minutes of exercise EVERY day and not just on days where I go to the pole studio. I find it's easier to make little goals for myself and they become habits. Once these stick I will find something else I want to change next month and make micro resolutions for that!
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• @imakeeff0rts is your SO in the military, too?
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• I love that idea @FireInWonderland !! Much more manageable.
  • @FireInWonderland
    He sure is.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• My resolution is to waste less food, and to clean and organize the house and KEEP it that way! Once I'm in the safe zone and i want to buy baby stuff monthly and an organize house will help
  • @imakeeff0rts mine too! If you guys were stationed near El Paso that would be cool! It would be nice to have another mommy-to-be nearby!
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• @KatBH I can't take full credit I got the idea from a book. But it works so well!!!
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• To eat healthier and to continue to work out.
    To cherish every moment with DS. Time goes way too fast.
    To build on my relationship with God

• @FireInWonderland
    Sorry, we're in a hell hole in Germany. 

• @imakeeff0rts oh that stinks!!! My husband was stationed in Germany 8 or 9 years ago, before we met. He loved it, but he was stationed at an AFB, and he's not AF anymore he's Army. Do you have any idea when you'll PCS out of there?
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Kegels, kegels and more kegels.

And the cliche healthy food, exercise and finance managing stuff as well.
  • @RedMar Excellent idea about kegels, that is definitely getting added to my list!!!
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• To eat healthy for the baby.
    TTC for Baby #1 for 3 years. After 2 failed IUI's & IVFs, God blessed us with our miracle :).  FET 12/17/15 (transferred 2 embryos at 5days). First Beta 12/29/15 = 354. Second Beta 12/31/15 = 694. Third Beta 1/7/16 = 6,695.  Finally heard his heartbeat (126)  on 1/14/16 @ our 1st US.  2nd US on 1/21/16, HR was 159.  The most beautiful sound ever :) 
  • My resolution should really be to put my clean laundry away.  Every week I wash/dry/fold my clothes, and then I pull outfits out of my hamper every day and put the dirty clothes into my second hamper.  I very rarely get the clothes into my drawers.

But it's the 2nd weeks of January and I've been living out of my hamper all week.

My resolution is to be more patient, with our dog and with the baby (I prioritize the dog only because I'm much quicker to snap at her, not because she's more important - ha!).  Going to work on taking a few deep breaths before I react to things that upset me, i.e. the dog eats food out of toddler's hand, the dog pees on the carpet, the toddler throws dinner all over the place then wants more. :) Just breathe!
    Pregnancy Ticker