August 2016 Moms

Please forgive me.

I tried searching the boards because I know this question has been asked multiple times. However, I can not find it!
I am a fairly logical person, and I try not to over react. But I am concerned and Im not quite sure what to do.
Monday night, DH and I had sex for the first time in a couple of weeks. A little while later I went to the bathroom where I discovered I had some pink spotting. Right away I panicked. Then I calmed down and realized that the spotting was likely due to the fact we had just had sex and my cervix could have been irritated or whatnot... Anyway. Yesterday I called the doctor just to be safe. I was told that IF I was in fact having a miscarriage, there is nothing they could do for me anyway. They asked if I still wanted to keep my appointment that is scheduled in Feb. I said yes. Now today, I have had zero symptoms. None of the nausea waves. No food aversions. No where near as exhausted as I've been. But also, no bleeding. I am trying to tell myself that I should enjoy these no symptom days as I know they wont last. But I'm also afraid it could mean miscarriage. I know, that if that is the case, there is nothing that can be done. And I understand that. But surly I shouldn't have to wait until February to have some peace of mind. IDK.. So I guess my question is, should I try to call doc again? Should I try seeing a different doctor? Or am I just totally over reacting and need to calm the hell down? I guess really all I can do is wait a few more days and see what happens... Thanks in advance for any advice. 

Re: Please forgive me.

• Spotting in early pregnancy is very common and symptoms can come and go day by day and even hour by hour. I wouldn't go looking for trouble.
  • Thanks! I feel like all I needed was for someone to slap me and tell me to pull myself together. Lol. Thank you.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think your just fine. I spotted a little last week and everything is okay. You would know if your miscarring. As long as your not bleeding or cramping I'd say your in the clear!
  • Thank you for your reassurance Ladies. I really appreciate it. Man, these hormones are really doing a number on me this time. @DDRRT1982 I will definitely be addressing those issues. I finally got to talk to DH a little bit ago, he's pissed. We've been debating seeing a new doc for a while now, maybe it's just time. Anyway, thanks again! 
  • I would definitely find a new doc. The way they talked to you is not ok. When I told my NP about my worries at my first appt, she offered to let me come back in two weeks (2 weeks before my next scheduled appt) just to hear the heartbeat and calm my fears. I know not all places can or will do that, but You should have doctors and nurses who care and are willing to to what they are able to make you feel better. If anything they should have offered to let you talk to a nurse by phone. But i agree with pp, everything is probably just fine
  • A little pink spotting after intercourse is normal, so if that's all it was, you are probably just fine. Rest a little and keep an eye on things.

But, the doctor's office staff sounds like a jerk, and I'd personally look for another one. You are paying for them to do better than Dr. Google.
  • Yeah, I'd definitely find a new practice. That response is not acceptable at all, even if there's nothing to worry about.
    If they can't address your cones with a little bit of understanding, I can't imagine how they'd be if there were an actual issue.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Thanks ladies. I am in the process of changing practices this morning. I have better peace of mind over the entire situation this today. I appreciate your reassurance. Happy New Year to all of you!
  • When we found out we were pregnant we had sex right away and I had a lot of pink bleeding. It wasn't dark red and I wasn't cramping, but I did call the doctor right away to make my first appointment and to just ask and she said that it is completely normal due to my cervix changing and being irritated.  Even so, I did continue to monitor and have taken weekly pregnancy tests, just for my own peace of mind.  I'm still pregnant (6w) and we have our first appointment on Tuesday. I do also occasionally have a bit of brown spotting, but i've been told that it is nothing to be concerned with at this time.  
    Pregnancy Ticker