Pregnant after 35

Miscarried...Pregnant Again...Advice?

ggatewood78ggatewood78 member
edited December 2015 in Pregnant after 35
Hi,

Quick bio: I'm 37, I miscarried and had a d&c in mid-September (after bleeding for several weeks and seeing a heartbeat twice :-( ), I had my first period November 4th-9th, I'm pregnant again already! I want to be excited, but instead I'm worried and scared it's going happen again. I went to the doctor yesterday to confirm the pregnancy only through a pee test. I go back next week for an Ultrasound. They mentioned yesterday I may not be able to date it to my period since it was the only one since my d&c. So, while I was hoping I was right at 8 weeks, I won't really know until the ultrasound. Anyone else been through this? Anything I can do to relax? Has anyone else had one period and gotten pregnant? We're the dates right for you? Ack! See, I'm crazy and all over the place!

Re: Miscarried...Pregnant Again...Advice?

• I had a mc in early August. I was very early, only 5/6 weeks. I miscarried naturally and that took about two weeks.
    The next month we tried and I got my big fat positive!
    I can SO relate to how you feel!
    I kept myself busy, only told a few friends and family members this time. The fact that I was miserable the first trimester was reassuring but also so draining.
    I had three ultrasounds by 11 weeks.
    I'm now 16w and baby is growing & healthy! I had the harmony test and all is good.
    I am 39 & will be 40 when I deliver in June.
    Just hang in there, take it easy, let the house go to hell and take care of yourself. Take your prenatals, eat healthy & rest:)
    Positive Thinking!
  • I was so paranoid this time, I had three ultrasounds by 8w4d! I've been feeling pretty confident since the last one, but a friend from TTCAL just found out her baby stopped growing at 8 weeks, so the seeds of doubt have been planted again. I still think everything will be okay, but I can't wait for my next u/s at 12w3d. I'm getting the MaterniT21 test on Monday, but I'm not sure if good results guarantee the little one is still alive? Anyway, you're not alone with being crazy and all over the place. :wink: 
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)